Jager Bombers - "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"

I have seen a lot of patterns in the individual scores as well. Sometimes the 38/39/40 rated players actually play like the 34/33/32 ones and vice-versa.
This too. I mean if we rate a certain player (batsman) too high, he actually gets out earlier.

2-19 in 7 overs in the second game! The first game was a disaster though.
BTW who's Raval? He just dominated all the other guys there!

Nice to see Pranav in our side. Now we'll get to wear some great graphics!

----------

I'd like to have +2 for my batting and +3 for bowling out of the 5 points. No. I'm not talking of the 5 bonus points. :p

He plays for Auckland Aces. Initially averaged 52 with the bat (while I was still modding in Cricket 07 :p) before he fell over to 32 at present.

Yea Raval's alright, not the greatest bat though

Anyway, bonus point details out. And I'm going to be a team player and not take the vcash just to improve my batting whenever I get points which should be often :p

I'd like to have +2 for my batting and +3 for bowling out of the 5 points. No. I'm not talking of the 5 bonus points. :p

You sure? Considering you're going to be batting at 7/8/9, I think it would be better to just put all five on bowling? If you want to do a 2bat/3bowl split I'm fine with that though, as I don't think it'll make too much difference.

I definitely think for the batting ARs we go with a 5bat/0bowl split though, because they're be batting in our top six, and only be a sixth bowling option.

Atm in the draft our only option is to go for Dutchmen (bowling AR), because we don't really need another keeper (unless they want to be on bench most of time), and we don't need another batsman/batting AR. I guess WhiteCat (spin bowler) is probably our second option, but he'll be playing behind me (and Dipak). :p

Atm we're only going to get one player in the draft, so we'll have to go in with a squad on 16, unless more people sign up for the draft/some other people want to join us. If you know anyone who might want to join as (just as a reserve really), then message them or something.

We still need to sort out the five bonus points:

1. We give five to one player. Matt said more bonus points on one player wouldn't be too beneficial, so maybe scrap that.
2. We give one to each of the four owners (:p), and then allocate the other on post count (or randomly).
3. We allocate all five on post count.
4. We allocate all five randomly. (Not a fan)
5. We do some specific tactical split, that someone can propose here if they want to.

form plays a big role too, morgan ended up scoring a 50+ score every game last season in the afrikan premier league so what user said is right.

i'm a fan of option five, we should maybe give our no.4 batsman a 2 point boost and give the rock another 2 point boost (bowling) and then one randomly to the keeper.

After all this time I never knew that.

i actually contemplated decreasing his rating but decided not too :p, however most games were played on excellent pitches though.

i'm a fan of option five, we should maybe give our no.4 batsman a 2 point boost and give the rock another 2 point boost and then one randomly to the keeper.

Atm Iridium's the only player that's going to be playing in every game, because we don't have another keeper.

We don't really have a specific number four batsmen because our five batsmen (going for four positions) will probably just be rotated, unless one of them is incredibly inactive therefore they won't be playing much. And why The Rock specifically as well?

----------

Code:
Aussie Team (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: las (+0)
Chewie (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
hedger_14 (Batsman) - BAT: l (+5), BOWL: ls (+0)
Pranav (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
Prats (Batsman) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
Iridium (Keeper) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: k (+0)
Shagger (Bat All) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: ls (+0)
Zohaib (Bat All) - BAT: r (+5), BOWL: m (+0)
Dipak (Pure All) - BAT: r (+?), BOWL: ls (+?) *
The Rock™ (Bowl All) - BAT: r (+2), BOWL: r (+3) *
CG123 (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: ls (+5)
Haarithan (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: f (+5)
riz7khan12 (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: lf (+5)
tarun87 (Pure Bowl) - BAT: r (+0), BOWL: m (+5)

Barney Gumble (?) - BAT: l (+?), BOWL: lm (+?) *

----------

Does anyone else want to bat left handed as well? :spy

----------

The Pure Bowlers don't really matter, I'm talking about the batsmen/keeper/all-rounders.

Last edited:
And why The Rock specifically as well?

he's the only safe option when it comes to bowling, he should have a good economy rate as a fast medium bowler, since he wants to boost his batting by 2 points we should give him atleast another 2 for his bowling to get some sort of a 3 man bowling spearhead.

or we can ask him to boost his batting by 3 points and bowling by 2 and then the extra two to boost his bowling so he gets +4 bowling overall.

You know he's a bowling AR right? So we're going to be rated higher than him with the ball. Unless the pitch is a real ripper, I don't see him batting above eight, and I presume his default batting rating will be good enough to bat at eight already (considering we hopefully won't need much batting down there), which is why I think it'll be wise for him to stick all five of his points in bowling. Otherwise with his default rating already less than us pure bowlers, if he doesn't have five on bowling he's going to drop even further behind.

I definitely see what you're saying in terms of the extra points, but I think batting wise they'll be better spent on the top six/seven who should bat in every match, instead of someone down the order who shouldn't be needed to make big runs if our batsmen so their job, which they'll have more chance of doing if we stick extra points on them instead of our number eight.

MattW is a pure bowler and put his 5 points on batting. Rather intriguing don't you think...

Callum maybe you can do some experimentation with your premade teams?

I don't know how the points will effect the the players average though. E.g. is it five points per each average point. In the end assuming we win matches everyone (who's active) will get extra points, so I don't think it's that big a deal. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread