Jager Bombers - "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"

I do actually think there is something with genuine fast bowlers in cricksim though, remember how bad Malinga has been in the current season of the NZPL despite having the highest equal bowling average. They have the ability to be brilliant, but most of the time they seem to get thrashed.

----------

Ok, shall I just do it with normal 50 over ratings on a couple of NZPL teams?

Because atm the batters are owning up with these ratings, so we're not going to be able to notice any difference with the batsmen.

I'm not sure; you know more about cricsim than I do. I was just thinking to test how effective a 5 point boost would be compared to a bit more batting for bowlers.

Wouldn't really make a difference for batsman seeing as they're gonna put all their points on batting...

Oh, so you're just talking about bowlers?

The thing with cricksim is that with shorter than 50 over one-day games if you want to keep the run rate realistic, there's going to be less wickets, as you've probably seen here, so unless Matt knows something I don't, I would think that we're not normally going to need our lower order to score that many runs.

Say the base bowlers batting is 10, and you opt to put your five points on batting (like Matt's doing), you'd think the max that can increase to is 15, which is not really much a difference all things considered. Though I assume the points aren't even going to directly match the average (i.e. one to one), so if they have 10 batting, it may only increase it to 12 or something, which in the context of a season the difference is going to be non-existent (I think). Say it five points changes two average points, and the base goes from 25 bowling to 23 bowling, I think that's going to make a much bigger difference over the course of the season.

I still don't really know what you're asking, so I'm not sure if that helps. :p

Oh I see what you mean.

I was also thinking that instead of playing a batting all-rounder we could give some bowling points to a batsman. I wonder what would happen then?

there's also the fc part of the tournament, we should be having a few 4day practices shouldn't we?

i dont mind doing it but would need a general basis for ratings and such.

Well the move up the order worked for me. Sort of. A half century (slowish) and a brisk 9. Encouraging signs.

Yea Callum, I don't mind being a LF bowler if you wish so, especially after being thrown out to the gators over these five matches. :p So, Left Arm fast it is for me then. :)

The change of order worked for me aswell , made a 100+ not out and a 50

From what I know of Cricksim , spinners are good on poor wickets:D

Yea Callum, I don't mind being a LF bowler if you wish so, especially after being thrown out to the gators over these five matches. So, Left Arm fast it is for me then.

noo...

that ruins our right/left bowling partnership :(

Yea Callum, I don't mind being a LF bowler if you wish so, especially after being thrown out to the gators over these five matches. :p So, Left Arm fast it is for me then. :)

Riz is already LF. :p

You might as well just give RF a go, or slow it down to LFM (which we don't have any of). We can make changes at the half way point in the season anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about these "unofficial" matches.

there's also the fc part of the tournament, we should be having a few 4day practices shouldn't we?

i dont mind doing it but would need a general basis for ratings and such.

Well you'll have to find out decent FC ratings yourself if you want to sim the matches, finding the right ratings is the hard part. :p

I myself haven't really done any test matches/4 day matches with cricksim before, is all I know is that the scoring is pretty slow if you use your general 50 over ratings for it.

If you want to do them, just give the same rating for each of the player types:

Batsman, Bat All, Keeper, Pure All, Bowl All, and Pure Bowl.

If it helps, batting wise I've rated Bat ARs and Keepers the same.

I might have a little play around with it tomorrow and see if I can get some realistic results, if you don't want to.

I might have a little play around with it tomorrow and see if I can get some realistic results, if you don't want to.

i'll have a go after dinner today, keen to do something for the team :p

i have a feeling that the bowlers will perform much better in the longer formats.

Yay, so I remain an RF bowler then. :p. Don't worry, RF is always my preferred choice. I just wanted to convey that I'm willing to change my role if it's necessary for the team's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread