Your Cricket Jakes 2009/10 cricket season log

Jake you should probably stop training for a bit i mean at school you done you knee and putting wieght on it may only make the injury worse.

my feelin is, if you are increasing your leg strength your not gonna be incresing the strength of your knee, this is just an unfortunate injury, if you just rest for a few days you'll be fine.

17th August​

Today was pretty good. I had to wait until someone gave me their wicket, which my friend kindly did early in lunch. I proceeded to bat all of lunch and all of the afternoon session, before heading home happily.

I barely played a bad shot. In the lunch time, I got a leading edge and was luckily dropped, plus I almost chopped one on. I played a couple of bad leg glances/flicks where I would have been caught, but it's nets, so I couldn't get by playing them.

If the afternoon, our spinner came down, and I owned him. Elegently dancing down the track, getting the front foot to it, and driving it back past him, 3-4 times. I sent another spinner into the bushes, plus our main spinner for a big shot. I played one bad shot, pre-meditating a big shot over midwicket, and missed the ball outside off. It was clever bowling.

Anyway, a good day overall. I need to go out tomorrow and continue on with it. I've also found out my big weakness is cover drives. I've identified that is one of my main weaknesses, and now I need to work on it, and work hard too.

How many people do you play with? I'm interested by your little training/playing sessions you seem to have?

How many people do you play with? I'm interested by your little training/playing sessions you seem to have?

A fair few.

Me
Ben
Kalani
Jayden
Mongo
Anu
Ben (sometimes)

Are the mains. Ben hasn't been coming down much of late. There are lots of others who show up sometimes, once or twice a week. A new kid call Luke, a couple of guys (Marcus & Matt) etc.

Jakester1288 added 4 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

So how's your knee going?

Not too bad. Resting it up.

So do you guys just play around in the nets? some of you must get so bored if your not doing anything?

So do you guys just play around in the nets? some of you must get so bored if your not doing anything?

What do you mean?

We play in the nets, yeah, and we treat it very seriously. We are all bowling, so I don't see how we get bored.

On a side note, the bowlers start off bowling quicker and better, but when I keep them out, the frustration starts to grow, before they give up - some start bowling slower and bad balls, which are easy pickings, and some start bowling spin.

Training program​

Monday – Sprints and fielding drills
Tuesday – Nets
Wednesday – Upper body
Thursday – Lower body
Friday - Nets
Saturday - Game
Sunday – Game/Nets

I was going to do a 2 week split kind of thing, but with only Monday available to change things up, I didn't bother.

I will draw up the actual things going on in the program tomorrow or some time this week.

Jakester1288 added 5 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

I do need a rest day.

Thinking Monday, maybe merge the two weights into one? But then I wouldn't be training with intensity. Fielding and sprints are important too.

What do you mean?

We play in the nets, yeah, and we treat it very seriously. We are all bowling, so I don't see how we get bored.

On a side note, the bowlers start off bowling quicker and better, but when I keep them out, the frustration starts to grow, before they give up - some start bowling slower and bad balls, which are easy pickings, and some start bowling spin.

do you play during your lunch breaks and after school and stuff? No i was just thinking some people might get bored if you were playing and they just ended up fielding the whole time.

Man your lucky still being in school, you can just go to the nets whenever you want to pretty much.

Hows the knee mate?

I hurt it a bit yesterday when trying to bowl full pace with a run up. I think I need a couple of weeks off it, I was just bowling some spinners today. The problem is I can't get wickets with spin, and no one will give me their wickets because they can't get me out.

What's gay is yesterday or the day before or whenever I toed it right into the ground then behind to the back net (auto wicky or whatever you want to call it) and they knew it wasn't out. One kid said it was out, and they all caught on, giving me out just because they can't actually get me out. I was so angry.

Users who are viewing this thread