No Requests Jono's ICC Downloads

All the sub-continent spinners who've played only one or two games end up being guns, especially Sri Lankans.
Like you said their are a fair few SA batsmen, and that AR who turn out to be amazing.
Just get a game two or three years in the future, and go through the overseas list, then you can see all the random non-regens who turn out to be great.

Not sure if you done it before, but Collingwood's bowling should be upped.
When I skip FC matches he didn't bowl at all, and he only took two FC wickets for the whole 16 or so matches.

I just hate it how Vettori is always underrated.
In one of my games at the end of the first English season, his salary was just $40,000.

CG123 added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Another player is Zohaib Khan...
Brought him on one of my games, wasn't the greatest bowler, but was a great batsmen.

There's just so many of them, hence it'll be very hard without a scout.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

David Weiss is that legendary SA AR.
Four/five seasons in on one of my games, he's got the highest salary at over $130,000.
I think Watson is second behind him.

All the sub-continent spinners who've played only one or two games end up being guns, especially Sri Lankans.
Like you said their are a fair few SA batsmen, and that AR who turn out to be amazing.
Just get a game two or three years in the future, and go through the overseas list, then you can see all the random non-regens who turn out to be great.

Not sure if you done it before, but Collingwood's bowling should be upped.
When I skip FC matches he didn't bowl at all, and he only took two FC wickets for the whole 16 or so matches.

I just hate it how Vettori is always underrated.
In one of my games at the end of the first English season, his salary was just $40,000.

CG123 added 3 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Another player is Zohaib Khan...
Brought him on one of my games, wasn't the greatest bowler, but was a great batsmen.

There's just so many of them, hence it'll be very hard without a scout.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

David Weiss is that legendary SA AR.
Four/five seasons in on one of my games, he's got the highest salary at over $130,000.
I think Watson is second behind him.

There are a lot of SA fast bowlers with high ratings too. I think there are about 30 that have higher ratings than the best NZ bowler, and I've heard of none of the SA ones.

Zohaib turned up in my SA game but I didn't sign him I don't think

Why do you think I got David Wiese in the Afrikan Premier League :p He is quite a decent batsman irl though, kinda like an Albie Morkel. Doesn't bowl too often but is an extremely aggressive batsman

There are a lot of SA fast bowlers with high ratings too. I think there are about 30 that have higher ratings than the best NZ bowler, and I've heard of none of the SA ones.

Lol. :noway
Isn't our best bowler Gillespie? :facepalm
I remember on those rating sheets you did for Aus and NZ, they had like 10 bowlers and 10 batsmen better than our best...

Yea it's real ridiculous. The annoying thing is that it seems to be only New Zealand players that are rated down. Our bowlers especially. In the team selection thing for international teams, our batting is rated higher than our bowling :facepalm

The finished save file has been released in the opening post with all the changes made

Mark Houghton is a spinning AR, he bats like 8/9, he's not a batsman.
I'd make BJ Watling better than a 1110, considering there are a lot of "randoms" around 1200 - 1300.
Maybe make Nathan McCullum a bit better than 850 bowling, considering a lot of the "random" SA players are between 700 and 800.

You should make Paul Collingwood a better bowler.
Not sure why Samit Patel's batting needs to be moved up, I've never seen him not bat 3 or 4.

There are other I don't agree on, but they're probably more personal opinion.

Great work none the less.

Those 'randoms' aren't really random, you just don't know them :p They have much more impressive domestic records as well. Agree with McCullum and Collingwood though.

I haven't actually had a chance to play on this roster yet so i'm gonna go try now and see how it goes :D

Chewie added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Made some changes, will update the roster in the front page where there are enough fixes to merit it.

A random to me is 95% of people outside NZ who are yet to play international cricket. :p

E.g. Glen Addicott has the same rating as BJ Watling.
Jon-Jon Smuts (lol) is rated higher than BJ Watling.

I've moved Watling up 100 points. The thing is that those players would probably be selected eventually if they moved to New Zealand because they have a good domestic record

I think if Mr. Smuts was a NZer you'd consider him a prospect. Averaging 37.77 from 31 List A matches at the age of 21. Obviously I know very little about NZ cricket, but India are underrated as well, so at least you have company.

England, Sri Lankan, Pakistan and Australian batsmen are about right, NZ, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, West Indies, and some Indians are underrated, and South Africans and Australian bowling is overrated.

Sri Lankan and Pakistani spin bowlers are way overrated.
Most South African players are overrated.
Australian bowlers are overrated.
Most NZ players are underrated.
WI and Bangladesh seem about right. In most cases five years down the track in all my games Bng have moved up to 7th/8th, so I wouldn't call them underrated.

One thing this game fails to do with a lot of South African players is to factor in that quite a few of these no name players have played a lot of amatuer cricket which has really help boost their first-class records. In South Africa your've got franchise cricket which is the top level of domestic cricket in South Africa and is of real high standard, and then you have provincial cricket which is of really low standard, basically amatuer's that don't get paid.

Take Neil Wagner for example. His record in South Africa for Northerns (a provinical team) is outstanding, he took 79 wickets at 18. His record for the Titans (one of six teams in the strong first-class competition) isn't however, he averaged 39 with the ball for them. His record for Otago since moving to New Zealand isn't too flash either, 49 wickets at 35. But because this provincial cricket is still counted as first-class cricket (and I believe they might soon be removing it) Neil Wagner has a first-class average of 24 and is a highly rated bowler on the game, instead of being a bowler who has 55 wickets at just under 40 like he should be.

David Wiese is the same, he's done all his damage in the provincal competition.

^You should post something along those lines on the Childish Things forum so that they might take this into account when rating players for the next game. That was a great explanation of the system over there that will hopefully make a change to how they view these players.

^You should post something along those lines on the Childish Things forum so that they might take this into account when rating players for the next game. That was a great explanation of the system over there that will hopefully make a change to how they view these players.

You're more then welcome to post it there if you want, I'm not actually a member. Yes I know I could sign up but I'm too lazy :p

Users who are viewing this thread