Kaneria the entry to spin bowling kings?

Only experience and wickets will see him a legend of the game. He does have the makings of it, though.

I dont thinks this justifys anything in cricket.. if hes going to become a "Spin king", any international spinner could be.

Yer, hes a good bowler. Not great.. yet.

You guys are insane. Kaneria is a great bowler. Was really impressed the first time i saw him. His wrong'un is just magic.

Drewska - You honestly think Giles and Udal are spin kings? They can't even turn the ball :D

Definately the best spinner out of all the young crop, and better than alot of older ones too.

He is good, but has to do a lot before being considered as great. He has not always looked dangerous and convincing imo.

Kaneria showed real potential in Aus and has continued that form. Still too early to call him a great bowler but some day it may happen. If he can do well in the ODI arena that will further enhance his rep as a great bowler as all the great spinners are also very good in the ODI arena.

Will never be able to be compared to the greatest spinner there has ever been and ever will be, if that is what you were hoping. Warne stands head and shoulders above all the other leg spinners that have ever played the game.

Oh please.

Spin bowling kings and Danish Kaneria don't even deserve to be in the same breath.

It seems the English fans are having trouble grasping at the concept of Kaneria actually out smarting the english batsmen. The guy has all the making of a great spinner, that wrong'un is such a killer ball. Robbed a of hat-trick, all 3 awesome deliveries.

Pure legend, will have 600+ wickets by the time he retires, at a great average too.

arkmarkell said:
Will never be able to be compared to the greatest spinner there has ever been and ever will be, if that is what you were hoping. Warne stands head and shoulders above all the other leg spinners that have ever played the game.
You can't compare Bill O'Reilly and Shane Warne, as there is no way of relating them. Warne has played far more cricket and there is more than 50 years between them. But one thing you can't deny is that The Don regard "Tiger" as the best. His word as a batsman is as great as the words of anyone else to play cricket.

With that in mind I would never be so bold as to declare Warne the greatest that leg spin can ever be.

I'm a non-bias english fan (yes, they do exist) and in my personal opinion Kaneria is only a great on home soil and trends to struggle else where. There is no doubt he is a great spin bowler but desipte the uncalled hat-trick he isn't an aggressive enought player. If you look at Shane there a big differences... Warney is a match winner, bowls aggressivly and is willing to take risks to get results. Warne will bowl all day just to get a wicket where as Kaneria will bowl all day aslong as he feels he can keep the runs down.

If Kaneria adopts a more aggressive and risky style of play there is no doubt he will compete for the greatest spin bowler of all time... however i think that's unlikely!

Earlier this season for Essex Kaneria bowled about 85 overs without taking a wicket, don't think even Giles would go that long.

Users who are viewing this thread