Kaneria the entry to spin bowling kings?

Of course not, Warne won't play India in India again I don't think. Oh well Warne is still the Greatest around :)

As for Kaneria definitely a very long way to go for him. The most interesting part will be how he goes after he hits a form slump. He will hit this period, will he be good enough to say that was just a form slump and get back to his best. Or will that affect him forever.
Injuries will also play a part like it has done for Vettori. He was awesome before a form slump and injury came. It took Vettori over a year to recover from this slump and what do you know he hit form against the Aussies :rolleyes:

Drewska said:
We can judge Kaneira in 8/9/10 years. then we'll see if he's great, or a 3-series wonder :p.

He's the living god ;).

I agree, we can only judge Kaneria only after atleast 5 years.
For now there are only few spin kings
Warne
Murali
Gibbs (WI spin great?)
Kumble (to some good extent)

I'm don't know much about A. Qadir (if my spelling is correct), but i heard that he was a good bowler for Pakistan.
The Indian spin quatret, together, can be considered legendary.

Harbhajan is going to be the next one in the list, and probably D. Vettori. But they still have to prove it. Kaneria is still a newbie but does have a potential to become a future spin king. He is in the mould of S. Warne but we cannot compare them. I hope he does not follow the suit of S. Mushtaq, Saqlain had lot of potential but could not continue.

Saqlain is still young too thats the amazing thing.

Kumble well he has to be in the spin kings. He took 10 wickets in an inns and only another spinner has done the same. I would say Jim Laker deserves a mention in the spin kings. 193 wickets at an average of 21.24 not bad at all for an off spinner.

Your comment regarding Saqlain is really true. He was really a great off-spinner. Its a shame he did'nt continue to play for Pakistan. He achieved a lot of milestones at a good average and economy rate. Kaneria is no doubt talented and must utilize his capabilities to bring the best out of him, as he has a long way to go and can experiment with himself.

sohummisra said:
Hehe, that was Kumble and Jayaprakash taking 10 wickets.

Really Jayaprakash took 10 wickets? I was referring to Laker. This is 10 wickets in an inns most bowlers have taken 10 wickets in a match.

Here is the link to show you what I mean.
http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TESTS/BOWLING/TEST_BOWL_BEST_INNS_FIGS.html

At you Pakistan fans what happened to Mustaq? He is only 28 hence me saying he was still young. I know he went over board with his variations trying to make too many hence him becoming crap. But is he still bowling in the Pak domestic?

Another English too :( What irony that is though, England have the best 2 match bowling figures yet now they can't manage to find an offie to take 10 wickets in a match. :p

Oh I see sorry my bad. I take you were talking about JM Davison 17-137
But this got me looking at the first class records. I'm surpised no one else has got 17 wickets in a match. There was heaps before Laker.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
Oh I see sorry my bad. I take you were talking about JM Davison 17-137
That's right. The only bowler to take 17 wickets or more in a first class match since Jim Laker, and also an off-spinner.

sohummisra said:
Hehe, that was Kumble and Jayaprakash taking 10 wickets.
lol :D, very truly said,but leave that :p

aussie1st said:
At you Pakistan fans what happened to Mustaq? He is only 28 hence me saying he was still young. I know he went over board with his variations trying to make too many hence him becoming crap. But is he still bowling in the Pak domestic?
He is now fully fit ( Knee Injury) & yet to play a match in the domestic ,he was fit for the England tour but wasn't selected due to coming back after a long period & haven't have a match practise,Saqlain said in an interview that he will try his level best to be selected for the Indian tour of Pakistan..again he will come back against India last time i think in 2003 where he was smashed by the Indian batsmens :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread