Kaneria the entry to spin bowling kings?

Back on topic, no Kaneria is not a spin king - yet.

Time will tell, he has the potential, but potential isnt enough. Any chance of someone with a good memory reminding us of this thread in 10 years time?

britishchampion said:
The reason Giles spins is because he can bat better than most of them.

Your right, but a bowling average of 40 or 25?

Not a good memory more like bookmark this page ;) It will get lost in 10 years!
Looks like there is big expectation on Kaneria now :D

aussie1st said:
Another English too :( What irony that is though, England have the best 2 match bowling figures yet now they can't manage to find an offie to take 10 wickets in a match. :p
well someone had to give you a chance.

I wonder if Warne is a love child of Laker when he 'toured' Australia :p

Danish Kaneria is a budding talent! A very promising spinner, but definitely not a great yet!

He is now Pakistan's strike bowler and can pick wickets at most places! But more worthy performances will strengthen his claim to being among the best spinners!

Saqlain I think is the only one to have a his own stand in a English Cricket staduim, he is still Surrey's best bowler! Its a big achivement to be given a name in a foriegn country. Most of you are forgetting that the first "Doorsa" was bowled by him. Another Pakistani invention. Moin used to say "Shabbash, Saqqi aq or doosa"- [Come on Saqlain, bowl another doosra!]. Too bad he had big problems with his knee, and he still hasn't fully recovered.

Anyways, Danish has a lot of skill. He is one of those guys when everybody else is dying, he'll get the breakthru!

How many have forgotten who created the flipper?

Clarrie Grimmett, over 200 Test wickets for Australia (and over 1400 First Class wickets, including 22 wickets for Wellington, before he crossed the Tasman as a young man), regarded as the archetypal leggie, with every trick in the book and of course a few more that weren't written down. Thouroughly practiced and perfected, his deliveries were near flawless. When batsmen started to pick the flipper by the snap of his fingers, he started snapping his left hand when bowling leg breaks to further confuse them.

For anyone who had misinterpreted my comment, find someone who hadn't.
Okay fine, Jayaprakash was, let's just say, an umpire who was a little too excited during that match.

Pak_cricketer said:
Saqlain I think is the only one to have a his own stand in a English Cricket staduim, he is still Surrey's best bowler! Its a big achivement to be given a name in a foriegn country. Most of you are forgetting that the first "Doorsa" was bowled by him. Another Pakistani invention. Moin used to say "Shabbash, Saqqi aq or doosa"- [Come on Saqlain, bowl another doosra!]. Too bad he had big problems with his knee, and he still hasn't fully recovered.

Anyways, Danish has a lot of skill. He is one of those guys when everybody else is dying, he'll get the breakthru!

How can he be surreys best bowler when he hasn't played for them since the 2004 Season?

Drewska said:
BTW: YOTC, I didn't say anything about Giles and Udal, so don't say I did.
Gee you really can't grasp the concept of what i was saying.

You clearly said "If hes going to become a "Spin king", any international spinner could be." Udal and Giles are classed as international spinners. I know you weren't directing the comment at them, but to class Kaneria in the same league as Giles and Udal just shows your lack of cricketing knowledge.

YOTC said:
Gee you really can't grasp the concept of what i was saying.

You clearly said "If hes going to become a "Spin king", any international spinner could be." Udal and Giles are classed as international spinners. I know you weren't directing the comment at them, but to class Kaneria in the same league as Giles and Udal just shows your lack of cricketing knowledge.
Comparing Bradman with Hussey after the latter has hardly played any games in international level, shows your lack of cricketing knowledge. Three test matches against West Indies isnt a test for a cricketer, is it?

m_vaughan said:
Comparing Bradman with Hussey after the latter has hardly played any games in international level, shows your lack of cricketing knowledge. Three test matches against West Indies isnt a test for a cricketer, is it?
It was a joke. I know it won't last, but it's been fun to see Hussey dominating the International cricket scene and Hodge failing thus far. All those Pricktorians think Hodge is better than Hussey. :D

Users who are viewing this thread