Kevin Pieterson vs Ian Bell vs Graham Thorpe

Which combination should England go with?

• Thorpe and Bell

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Thorpe and Pietersen

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Pietersen and Bell

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That sounds about right, we need Thorpe there for the experiance and calmness (if thats a word) he displays at the crease. If England were 40-3 I would rather see Thorpe coming out than Pietersen, he is master in crisis situations

umpirestrikes said:
That sounds about right, we need Thorpe there for the experiance and calmness (if thats a word) he displays at the crease. If England were 40-3 I would rather see Thorpe coming out than Pietersen, he is master in crisis situations

Say if Thorpe wasn't playing and we were 40-3, i'd expect Bell to come out at 5. Either way Pietersen won't be at 5!

Thorpe and Bell for me.Pieterson is a good one day player.I've not seen him in tests.But against the aussies,he has scored just two fifties(thats not enough for a star player) so why would you debut him against the best in the world at the ashes,he'll probably be facing Warne when he comes in and might get out for twenty.

England squad:
Vaughan (c)
Bell
Flintoff
Giles
Harmison
G Jones (wk)
S Jones
Pietersen
Strauss
Tremlett
Trescothick

Pietersen and Bell it is!

ya thorpe should be fit for the test ....he is experienced player ..has played against australia many times .....but Pieterson has done quite well so..lets see ...

nikhil_99 said:
ya thorpe should be fit for the test ....he is experienced player ..has played against australia many times .....but Pieterson has done quite well so..lets see ...

Thorpe was fit but wasn't selected for the first test, incase you havn't seen the squad...

Slightly surprised Thorpe's not in the squad at all, but I suppose it's a statement of intent by the selectors. Just hope it pays off and England don't miss Thorpe's undoubted ability and experience.
Tremlett's in too, although it's more likely to be just for the experience rather than to actually play (barring injuries).

Im glad to see Pieterson has been selected over thorpe. I hope we can kick some ass, and i can mock the australian users of this forum. Muahahahahahaha

m_vaughan said:
You can expect a few more batting collapses from England now

That is my one concern without Thorpe playing

Users who are viewing this thread