Keyframes - An explanation

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
By using the info Ben provided, and by using Shailesh?s stroke direction wheel, I think here?s how the program works out which keyframe to use when you play a short.

Keyframe 0 played very late
Keyframe 1 played slightly late
Keyframe 2 perfectly timed
Keyframe 3 played slightly early
Keyframe 4 played very early

Easiest way to test is to modify the direction / vertical values of the a-cc24.atr file (straight drive) and try to play the shot early / late

I cannot be 100% certain this is accurate but it holds true for the testing I have done :)

I think you are right Zimrahil..I tested with straight drive..Frames 1, 2 and 3 came into effect for majority of time..

however for some reason it's not working for me with sq. cut (35) file..have you tried this one?

Shailesh.
It seems to work for all of the shots I have altered, though I haven't tried the square cut yet - will do so tonight & let you know.
I love being able to alter the shots. Now have things like cover drives, if not timed probably , the ball flies over the slips etc. You have done good work in this area, keep it up.

Shailesh/Zimrahil,
When changing 'power' and 'direction' in the stroke file keyframes, do you know if the 'range' values need adjusting too?
What do the 'range' values do? Any ideas?
Keyframe 0 is very rarely used, I think.

jonah

the value for power and direction for each keyframe is obviously how hard each shot is hit and what direction the ball goes in. Lets say these values are the defaults for that keyframe.
I think the range value for each of these fields determines how close to the default value the actual shot is.
eg
Direction 129030433600 Range 11010048
Power 1272160 Range 421888

this is taken from my a-cc024.atr file (straight drive)
The direction is for a perferctly straight drive I think the range value determines how close to this direction the ball actual goes. Ie it may go slightly to the left or right of this direction, meaning that everytime you hit a stroke, even if the same keyframe is chosen, the ball never travels in the same direction. Otherwise it would get boring very quickly.
Cannot be certain of the above but will look into it.

Thanks zimrahil.
It's funny, the more you play around with the stroke files the more interesting it gets!
You're info on keyframes I think is correct. I've made a cut shot that flies over slips (keyframe 3, file no 35), which I can almost play to perfection if I time it right (a' la Gilchrist).The great thing is, if it's mis-timed, I risk getting caught at slips.(Also a straight drive that , if mis-timed, is edged down to fine leg or played onto stumps).
All thanks to you, Shailesh and Ben's work on stroke files.
Keep it up!

Jonah,

Can you send me your sq. cut file?

I don't know why it's not working for me...it mostly goes for a six over square leg and that too a huge one! :confused:

(Edited by Shailesh at 4:14 am on Sep. 2, 2001)

(Edited by Shailesh at 4:15 am on Sep. 2, 2001)

hi jonah

can u send me all the stroke files u edited at [email protected] and also tell me whats the change in the strokes.....

cheers
anirudha

Users who are viewing this thread