Kits Update problem

D

deep_kick

hey, i've just finished downloading the kit updates and followed the instructions for installing them. but when i went to import them as a ZIP file on Graphics Importer V2.2, it came up with 'Unknown ZIP format'...can anybody help?

D

deep_kick

ok, now i've got as far as it saying 'Path/File access error', anyone know how to fix it??????

Attachments

• Kit01.png
    Kit01.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 1

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Have you got the dial-up or broadband version? Can you talk me through how this error occurs from the beginning.

D

deep_kick

ok cheers, here's what i did:

1. i downloaded all 6 of the dial-up files
2. then in the folder viewing part of windows, i highlighted all 6 of them, right clicked, then 'WinZip', and then clicked on 'Add to Zip file...'
3. it then opened WinZip and a window titled 'Add' came up
4. Underneath 'Add to archive', i typed in this: C:\Documents and Settings\Jase\My Documents\Downloads\Cricket 2004\Kits\kitsupdate
5. After it had finished extracting them, I closed WinZip, checked that it had created the Zip file in the foler, and it had
6. I then opened Graphic Importer V2.2
7. clicked on 'Import as Zip', then in the next window, chose the 'kitsupdate' file to Open.
8. It then came up with error 'Unknown zip format'

Hope i've made that clear-cut enough, really appreciate you helping me out.

Attachments

• Zz.png
    Zz.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 2

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ok.
I should have made the instructions clearer.
The files you have downloaded are .rar files (only way to split them up)
You'll therefore need winrar to extract them (www.rarlab.com)
Extract them one by one to the desktop and a file named kitsupdate.zip will appear.
When all 6 have been extracted in this way kitsupdate.zip can be imported into Graphics Importer.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
D

deep_kick

ok well i downloaded winrar, extracted the first one to the dektop, it showed as 'kitsupdate', then tried the rest, but it kept coming up with 'the following file already exists'. i tried making all 6 of them separate by adding '.part1', '.part2' etc but that didnt work. it still came up with 'Unknown zip format' when i put them all as one Zip file, as it didn't automatically make a Zip file on my desktop. could you try take me step-by-step through the extracting process please?

sorry this is so much hassle!

cheers

Attachments

• Wasp_AC_1000_bat.PNG
    Wasp_AC_1000_bat.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 1

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If you keep overwriting the zip file when you extract it should work...
Here's a step by step:
1. Open kitsupdate.part.1 and extract to desktop
2. Open kitsupdate.part.2 and extract to desktop. Click yes when prompted to overwrite
3. Repeat this for parts 3 to 6

D

deep_kick

ok well it still doesn't work, don't worry bout it. thanks for helping me out, much appreciated

J

joesaadati

Hello please help me to install the kitsupdate. I am using boardband. I am really mixed up if you could kindly step by step explain to us how to install it in the graphic impoter v2 I will be greatly full. I get this message trying to use impoter it says unknown zip format. Please kindly take some time in explaining step by step after downloading this file thank you.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
If you have downloaded the broadband version, all you should have to do is save it to the desktop (don't extract it) and then select 'import zip' in GI2.2 or later.

J

joesaadati

Save what to the destop, you mean all three files to gether how to do that. and where is the GI2.2 or later is it in the impoter v2. really it is all confusing man. Could you kindly send me the earlier version it was so easy really. :wacko:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is simpler, trust me :P
First you need Graphic Importer 2.2 (editors section of the site)
Second, if you are downloading the broadband version of the update, save it to the desktop. (kitsupdate.zip)
Third, open GI2.2 and click on 'import zip'. Then choose the file kitsupdate.zip

Users who are viewing this thread