KP's BLIC Review

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Got the day off sixth form and just my luck that BLIC arrives, been playing now for about 2 hours and heres my view on the game.

Graphics:
Simply amazing tbh, cricket in HD just looks brilliant. The dust coming off the pitch, the amazing stadia, great player likenesses, it has it all. I am very happy with the graphics of the 360 version. Also, the menus are all very nice and shiny and colourful, really pleasent on the eyes. Also, Day-Night matches pwn, one of the better new features of the game i think, quality.

Gameplay:
Cracking fun and also pretty realistic. The shot variations are brilliant, the swing although abit exaggerated is really fun to play around with. The idea of realistic and even teams is awesome. I have started a champions trophy on county difficulty with england, played India in the first game and mauled them, scored over 350 in 20 overs and then got them all out for under 60 in 7 overs. I was expecting it to be the same in my current game with australia, but it isnt. Australia are dominating my bowlers, scoring 106-0 in 13.2 overs. I have been bowling good line and length with swing away yet Gilchrist and Watson are just smashing me around abit. I have bought the medium pacers on to slow the run rate down and that seems to work. Awesomely realistic.

Also, the feeling when you hit a slog sweep off a fast bowler into the stand is awesome, did it a few times to RP singh in my match against india and it just looks awesome. Another thing, i've strangled Watson so he cant get any runs, confidence is down to 0 and now he is just playing like a tail ender :P Just prods his bat in the way, still cant get him out though, gonna bring on freddie and jimmy for the last 2 overs.

Overall:

Feels much better than the demo, if you love cricket then you'll love this game, good variation of options, online, good player likenesses, and cracking graphics. so far 8.5/10.

Any questions, ask away ?

Last edited:
cheers mate, im not looking forward when i am getting mine first thing tomorrow as the PS3 is out and i am dreading the ques

nice...can you give us more details such as:
- AI when chasing totals - is it realistic?
- field changes and bowling changes of AI when your hammering it?
- difficulty of taking slip catches?
- commentary?

thanks

ulukai said:
nice...can you give us more details such as:
- AI when chasing totals - is it realistic?
- field changes and bowling changes of AI when your hammering it?
- difficulty of taking slip catches?
- commentary?

thanks

1) When i was playing india and scored over 350 in a 20 over game, when they were batting they came out on fire, and just tried to slog the crap out of it, hence the low score of 56, as i just bowled full and straight with abit of swing :D. When a team bats first they tend to just knock it around for abit, hitting singles, but they always take advantage of really wide short ones, except when they have extremely low confidence.
2) Bowling changes happen quite often really, when a bowler is being slogged around they are normally given 1 more over and then if it continues taken out of the attack and replaced with a slower/medium pace bowler.
3) Only had 1 slip chance, which i took, i didnt find catching hard in the demo but if you found it hard in the demo it will be the same in the full game, its all about timing and being ready to press the catch button.
4) Commentary is varied and pretty good, they have some good conversations, similar to BLIC 05, about what makes a great fast bowler etc. Commentary is much better than cricket 07.

Edit: just took another slip catch, all thanks to the pitch, just got up on fleming and he edged to strauss, just timed it right, was very close to dropping it :D.

Last edited:
question

is there a option of gettin keepers up for the medium pacers?

Have you noticed that the cpu ai dont put more than 2 fielders on the boundry. I just played overs 20-35 and the cpu didnt have more than 1 or 2 boundry riders, infact for alot of those overs they had everyone round the bat.

The_gas said:
Have you noticed that the cpu ai dont put more than 2 fielders on the boundry. I just played overs 20-35 and the cpu didnt have more than 1 or 2 boundry riders, infact for alot of those overs they had everyone round the bat.

Nope, i've had the AI have over 4 fielders on the boundary, i just kept hitting sixes so they put a load of fielders where i was hitting the boundaries, so i reverse swept a boundary for 6 :D

lazy_chesnut said:
Have you seen an edge from a defensive shot?

I have actually, was from Nathan Astle, he had very low confidence so went into defense, leave mode and i got one to swing away with collingwood, got an outside edge and was caught by Read.

And sorry Panesars Patka, i have the 360 version so cant post any screenshots, i also dont have a digital camera atm, so sorry.

King Pietersen said:
I have actually, was from Nathan Astle, he had very low confidence so went into defense, leave mode and i got one to swing away with collingwood, got an outside edge and was caught by Read.

And sorry Panesars Patka, i have the 360 version so cant post any screenshots, i also dont have a digital camera atm, so sorry.
Nice to see defensive edges have made it into the game. However, was that only when he got into the stupid tail-ender-with-a-complete-lack-of-technique-style of batting? That really annoyed me in the demo, as no player in world cricket suddenly forgets how to bat when they're low on confidence.

lazy_chesnut said:
Nice to see defensive edges have made it into the game. However, was that only when he got into the stupid tail-ender-with-a-complete-lack-of-technique-style of batting? That really annoyed me in the demo, as no player in world cricket suddenly forgets how to bat when they're low on confidence.

I've not played a test match yet so i've not really seen a spell of defensive play, as you dont see many defensive shots in twenty20 cricket.

Once i've won this champions trophy final i'll start a test match and see for any defensive edges.

Users who are viewing this thread