Krejza hopes for more doosra victims

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Thing is, can he recreate it overseas? His debut says yes....

He was smashed for 200+ runs at an astonishingly high econ. He only earned a few wickets, I remember the Dravid ball being pretty good, but all the others were the batsmen playing loose shots going after him. I guess they got tired of smashing him to all corners. ;)

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
He was smashed for 200+ runs at an astonishingly high econ. He only earned a few wickets, I remember the Dravid ball being pretty good, but all the others were the batsmen playing loose shots going after him. I guess they got tired of smashing him to all corners. ;)

He was like that last year against SA too, took Amla's wicket with a ripper, but got smashed everywhere as well.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Zorax is that with a cricket ball or a tennis ball?
Can do 'em with both, but mostly cricket ball. The backspinner doesn't come out nicely with the tape ball.

The doosra or whatever I use isn't hard, just requires a very high straight arm. Because that is different from my regular action, I have to start bowling offbreaks with a very high straight arm in order to disguise it, which is quite tricky and screws up everything. The topspinner is just the offbreak with my wrist turned to have my little finger face the batsmen.

But yea, it's possible with a lot of practice.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Can do 'em with both, but mostly cricket ball. The backspinner doesn't come out nicely with the tape ball.

The doosra or whatever I use isn't hard, just requires a very high straight arm. Because that is different from my regular action, I have to start bowling offbreaks with a very high straight arm in order to disguise it, which is quite tricky and screws up everything. The topspinner is just the offbreak with my wrist turned to have my little finger face the batsmen.

But yea, it's possible with a lot of practice.

Don't you just roll your fingers behind the ball to get that?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Pretty much, yea. It's more the thumb than the fingers though. Imagine a topspinner reversed.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
TBH, even with his 'mega-doosra' I don't think his stock ball is of international quality!

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, that was horrible! But defo agree, he's not ideal 'dead-rubber' material.....

Users who are viewing this thread