Krejza hopes for more doosra victims

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Tasmania take on South Australia on Tuesday in the first of four consecutive Shield cricket fixtures for the Tigers at their fortress, Bellerive Oval.

Brett Geeves, the bowling blogger, returns from a side-strain injury to Tasmania's line-up, replacing Xavier Doherty.

Anticipation meanwhile builds about off-spinner Jason Krejza's ability to serve up another doosie of a doosra as his Australian selection rival Nathan Hauritz tilts at the West Indies.

Skipper George Bailey, who'll play his 50th Shield match for Tasmania against the Redbacks, says the doosra Krejza bowled to dismiss NSW's Usman Khawaja last week is the best delivery he's ever seen.

One respected Sydney scribe described its deadly emergence as the most significant delivery by an Australian spinner since the retirement of Shane Warne.
Krejza hopes for more doosra victims

Really good signs for Krejza if he can keep this going. He seems to have better control, now just needs the wickets to put pressure on Hauritz. Although a few dry Test matches for Hauritz could see the selectors go back to Krejza.

P

pcfan123

Wow he made that guy look like a fool. Massive turn there for a doosra

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wow that turned quite a bit, the rough would have helped. Can't blame Khawaja, he would never have seen the doosra since no one in Australia has one until that ball.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wow, when did he learn that?

He and Hauritz have been practicing it for quite sometime. Neither had perfected it until recently. Still don't know if Hauritz will get it, and it might not make a difference for him if he isn't spinning the ball much.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haven't seen him bowl recently, but when he had come last year to India, he bowled well, he gives more air, loop while bowling and not afraid of giving more air..

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
A few more articles.

Jenner doubting the legality of it.

"And in the Test match arena it can be great if there is a bit of rough." Krejza also disagreed with the school of thought that the doosra could not be bowled with a legal action.

Australian leg spin guru Terry Jenner has been sceptical of Krejza's new addition, telling News Limited on Sunday that "everybody who has bowled the doosra has been reported for suspect action".

"So if Jason Krejza has miraculously discovered a way to bowl the doosra without flexing his elbow, then he's a genius," Jenner said.

But Krejza said on Sunday: "I wouldn't be able to chuck it the way I bowl it, it is completely straight armed." Krejza endured one of the great rollercoaster rides in Test cricket.

World News Australia - Krejza adds doosra to his bag of tricks

And Tim Coyte saying it's not even the doosra.
"It is not a doosra, it is as simple as that," State coach Tim Coyle said yesterday.

"Jason Krejza has a special delivery that can't be compared with a bent elbow doosra. People need to go and have a look at what he bowls.

"He bowls this ball that goes the other way, exactly the same way as his off-break so to me it is not a doosra.

"We will call it something else, we've just got to come up with a name.

"It was an outstanding delivery and made everyone sit up and look. It is perfectly legal and will not affect his off-breaks."

Krejza's mystery ball Today's News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

Hard to tell from the videos, I'm sure if he bowls it during a FRC match we will have more of an idea of how hes bowling it. And of course if he makes it back to International level there will be a lot of analysis of it.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I feel a bit sorry for Krejza. Agreed he got clobbered all around the park on debut in India, but he still picked up 8/215 on debut! He seems to learn his lessons fast & I was really disappointed to see him not make the cut after 1 bad game against SA.

With that doosra he's bowled, he's shown that he has the stomach for a fight. Can't wait to see him playing for Australia again :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread