Latest News regarding ICC 2009

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Childish Things will be gradually announcing the latest news about International Cricket Captain 2009 over at the official forums in this thread: ICC 2009 Official News - Childish Things Forums

First piece of news is already up, with new news to be posted regularly as it becomes available.

The first piece basically says that Childish Things have bought the full rights to publish the game, and that it will be released on both CD and as a downloadable version this year.

There have been quite a few questions about new tournaments, so we've decided to announce these first:

The new game will feature the Twenty20 World Cup, both ingame and as a standalone feature. To coincide with this, there has been major restructuring to the Twenty20 game engine to produce more realistic scores

Also present will be the Twenty20 Champions League as part of the Full Game in the County season. If you win the Twenty20 Cup in England, you will win through to this tournament.

There will not be any new playable leagues this year unfortunately due to a lack of time and resources, however there have been some major changes regarding the teams for each player (they now have NH and SH teams inside the game database as well as IPL - which will also mean county players will be unavailable if on IPL duty), Chris had this to say:

With a publisher, the changes you can make are constrained to what they want to see in the new game. With a limited budget set by Empire, we could only put in what they wanted and what improvements they saw as crucial. Now that we have full rights to the game, we have already begun setting up for more overseas leagues in 2010, something we will be aiming towards in the next game.

Stay tuned for more info soon.

Overseas leagues, i.e Australian State leagues would be good any time soon, ICC!!! Far out, a lot of Aussies play the game, hurry up and give us a league.

Here is a quote from the Childish Things Forum which should clear up about the Aussie domestic hopes.

The domestic teams are all from England in this version. Hopefully there will be more next year....

Bit of a bugger :(

Was expecting not to see new leagues this year as Chris said that although they'd try they probably wouldn't have time to implement them earlier this year. Must say that I've been caught by suprise with the addition of the Twenty/20 World Cup and the Champions League great to see. Also good news that the Twenty/20s engine has been adapted as I always though that there was never large enough scores. Tell Chris good work :)

I wonder if Michael Munday will still be a spin bowling legend in the next version :p

That actually is quite annoying if you don't have him, although with him things can get a bit too easy, because he's obviously alot better than he is in real life whilst Flintoff and always poor with the ball.

I'm suposing detail will be slowly released so you're going to have to wait.

I wonder if Michael Munday will still be a spin bowling legend in the next version :p

Nah, I spilled the beans on that one. He has been "dubbed" down.

Dean is in charge of releasing information, so I'm going to put my feet up and leave everything to him. Though I will comment on the overseas leagues.

We are limited with what we can do, as you can imagine with Empire going bust when they did, it wasn't helpful (to say the least). Aus leagues are do-able, the stats are there. Others are tougher, even RSA information is tough to get. But as Dean says, we are working on it for future versions.

I think we're all quite positive about our future now, I am very optimistic with 09 and I think the future could hold even more.

Users who are viewing this thread