Latest News regarding ICC 2009

Can we give them some questions we can ask like last time?

I hope so!

Seeing as Nigel and Dean are so involved in the whole set-up I'm sure they can sort something out!

I'll ask Nigel when I catch him on MSN again.

Next Monday

Interesting...
I read this post while it was still fairly fresh and remember thinking' 'aus5892 will be right onto this and denying it.' No offense Kev :p only thought that as it hadnt been an 'official' announcement. Although it hasnt been denied yet.

Lol, that post made no sense to me! :p

So is it officially coming next monday?

It makes sense to me :p
I thought aus5892 was doing all the official announcements. There have been heaps of rumours about when it will actually be released and someone (usually aus5892 or sureshot) have denied them. And been right in doing so I might add, as all the rumours have been wrong so far.
This wasn't an announcement from one of the usual's, yet they didn't deny it as a release date as they usually do.

does that make more sense? Ive got Uni exams atm and have been staring at text books for a couple of weeks now, i think its screwing with my logic :p

and no i dont think its official yet.

Last edited:
Haha, that makes sense to me now. Yeah reading black writing off white backgrounds may have muddled your head. :p

Well no word from Dean or Sureshot so looks good, mate. ;)

Hooper added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Games aren't released on Mondays.
Australia they can be. ;)

I don't really think that they'll release on Monday, but who am I to argue?

For one, they've not released anything, and secondly, it'll be the 15th, who releases a good month before the Ashes?

I think the 26th is a good bet, it wont be for another couple of weeks....i mean there has been no screenshots/features or anything yet, and the amount of information being released on the official site is minimal.

More official news. I hope I am allowed to quote from the Childish Things Forum :p

Today we reveal some of the new features in the game, as well as the official blurb:

International Cricket Captain 2009 Ashes Edition is the most accurate, realistic and addictive version yet of the popular cricket management simulator. With a new detailed interface, wide angle highlights view, more stats, a larger database and new tournaments featured, Cricket Captain 2009 will raise the bar once again in cricket management games. Take your team online to play in the new twenty over league. Can you win the county championship, the World Cup and secure the Ashes urn all in one season?

New features and updates include:
• The most accurate statistical database of world cricketers currently available in any video game.
• Updated online offering with brand new T20 game mode.
• New high resolution interface allows greater access to captaincy-crucial information and enhances your cricket viewing experience.
• Integrated field-setting editor to allow you to take even more charge as captain of your favourite county or country.
• Wider camera angle in highlights with improved shot selection and fielding.
• New game modes include: 2009 and historic Ashes series and the T20 World Cup.
• Greatly improved match screen with detailed graphics for more on-the-fly captaincy decisions.

More to come tomorrow.

The features thus far sound decent.
No offence to Chris but for many years there seemed to be little progress on the basis of the game but it just all seems to slowly building well. If as hoped he can get say the Australian domestic league next then it really will be a great game.

Am looking forward to tomorrows announcement.

Even if the announcement is that we've put in new toilets in the offices?

Just kidding...

Even if the announcement is that we've put in new toilets in the offices?

Just kidding...

But they are luxury! How does it know how hard to flush? Does it know when I've done a twosie, because as soon as I stand, it gets to work! Bravo to whoever installed them :p

I've loved the trials that I have downloaded for previous ICC games so I'll most likely be buying this.

Thanks for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread