Latest News regarding ICC 2009

Hot off the press! Actually the Childish Things Forums again :p
Nice to hear the added details added for training, also like the sound of the AI picking a reasonable team for a change

aus5892 said:
? Improved AI and match engine realism for twenty over matches ensures higher scoring, more aggressive games.
? Log of training days allocated to a player to help you keep track of your development.
? Text information on player improvements from technique training.
? More statistics than ever, with the last 2 years now saved and available to view at any time.
? More accurate player names with common names used.
? Improved player ability generation ensures more longevity than any previous ICC game.
? Improved team selection, including the AI making more use of spinners.
? Long term test and ODI AI picks improved.

Yes! YES! YEEEEEEEES! Finally, they will show what the technique training does for a player, so your not wasting training on players who aren't benefiting for it. Well done ICC! Better AI is good also, looks good. No screenies yet?

Yes! YES! YEEEEEEEES! Finally, they will show what the technique training does for a player, so your not wasting training on players who aren't benefiting for it. Well done ICC! Better AI is good also, looks good. No screenies yet?

Nope. The official thread is on the Childish Things Forum as well as a thread on the discussion of the new version

Sounds good, very good tbh. More improvement seems to have been made in this one year than the last couple editions on the basis of the released infomation thus far.

With the OD and test AI picks improvement will that include the trades? What I find is that I'm the best by a mile(as usual) after a few years of trades because the computer often doesn't pick the best players and picks some dead weights, the only good players they get are their regens. So yeah, will the AI be smarter with the trades?

^^ mine.

Sounds good, very good tbh. More improvement seems to have been made in this one year than the last couple editions on the basis of the released infomation thus far.

We do listen to what you say and the opening of the forums on our site last year was behind this. Sometimes there are limits to what we can do (for one reason or another), but we will always try to give you what you want. After all we have to ensure we keep our old customers happy and attract new ones. I think we've made a big step in the last couple of years and I believe we'll take bigger ones in the next couple of years.

Will we finally be able to play online with International teams?

I think I am becoming the messenger boy for the new news regarding ICC :p

aus5892 said:
• AI bidding improvement to create more balanced teams and more competition for top players.
• Ability to declare during intervals.
• AI for close finishes and twenty over matches improved for more nail-biters.
• Batting aggression realism improved, to reflect real matches.
• Fielding engine enhanced to give greater accuracy and boost highlights watching.
• New in-game tips to help you master the game.
• Auto-simulation removes the need for clicking next over – sit back and relax as the cricket unfolds in front of your eyes.

Will be great to see the AI going after players a bit more! Should cut down on the game becoming slightly one sided after a few years in terms of the talent already floating around

We do listen to what you say and the opening of the forums on our site last year was behind this. Sometimes there are limits to what we can do (for one reason or another), but we will always try to give you what you want. After all we have to ensure we keep our old customers happy and attract new ones. I think we've made a big step in the last couple of years and I believe we'll take bigger ones in the next couple of years.

I know you listen and thanks to the opening of Forums on the Childish Things website people have been able to get some requests in and thus far there seems to have been alot of improvements.

On to the features announced today, good to see an improved AI during the Transfer process, always bugged me that there great player but noone, bar me ofcourse, bidded for them. Nice little addition with the autosim overs. Finally the ability to declare mid-interval that always bugged me. Overall nice update.

• New in-game tips to help you master the game.
• Auto-simulation removes the need for clicking next over – sit back and relax as the cricket unfolds in front of your eyes.

Best new features named yet, IMO.

Haha, I seriously hate Simbazz for convincing me to buy that load of cow manure.

Users who are viewing this thread