Post Line-ups Legends At Battle XII | Pre-season - Ready for action?

I will announce the squad tomorrow but I don't know about old players so can you help me @VC the slogger ?

Sure, but you should be alright if you follow these links below. They will lead you to the players worthy of selection; just click on a particular decade, judge their stats and select away.

ouERQlS.png

:saf: South Africa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manager:
Test debut: 1889

Squad limit - 15 players

*Minimum of 1 player each from the 1880s, 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s.
*At least one wicket-keeper (:wk:/:wkb:/:arwk:) from the above mentioned.
*You still have room for 2 extra players after completing your 1 player per decade quota.
*An extra player each permitted from any two of the above mentioned decades.
*Non-Test players having made their debut anytime during or after the year 1877 are eligible for selection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I bring Sheridan Raynor (60’s) and Gavin Hamilton (90s) in for Harry Kortlang and Dennet Ayling. As well as Omar Henry (80’s) - if eligible? - for Aasif Karim

Can you also clarify what venues I am allowed to select? Thanks

Can I bring Sheridan Raynor (60’s) and Gavin Hamilton (90s) in for Harry Kortlang and Dennet Ayling. As well as Omar Henry (80’s) - if eligible? - for Aasif Karim

I wouldn't say no to Raynor or Hamilton, but you'd pretty much be shooting yourself in the foot by removing someone as great as Kortlang whom I personally regard as one of the best batsmen to never play Test cricket in it's entire existence. Omar Henry being South African isn't eligible for ROTW unfortunately.

Can you also clarify what venues I am allowed to select? Thanks

I will, once everybody is signed up.

I wouldn't say no to Raynor or Hamilton, but you'd pretty much be shooting yourself in the foot by removing someone as great as Kortlang whom I personally regard as one of the best batsmen to never play Test cricket in it's entire existence. Omar Henry being South African isn't eligible for ROTW unfortunately.

I don't know much about American cricket at the time, although the story of the Philadelphians team sounds really interesting, so I'll take your word for it. I'll bring him back for George Patterson. I wasn't sure about Omar Henry coz he played quite a lot of cricket here during apartheid.

I'll bring him back for George Patterson.

You really really wouldn't want to do that, because getting rid of Patterson in favor or Raynor/Hamilton would be even worse. Pretty much like having WG Grace in your squad and then dropping him in favor of James Vince. I don't mean to undermine your authority as a manager, but If I were you, I'd pretty much keep everyone in their squad just the way they are because these are in fact the best possible 18 players anyone with any real knowledge on associate cricket (which rules out your average Cricinfo or Sportskeeda writers) could have possibly selected for a team like ROTW across various decades.

The likes of Raynor or Hamilton don't really match up to the standard, which is the reason I never selected them in the first place while picking your squad. And yes, I did consider them along with 200-300 or so similar non-Test cricketers. I just don't see how the inclusion of any one of them could do anything but weaken your team. If I were to make a list of the top 100 associate cricketers of all time (and I can right here and now if you really want me to), they probably wouldn't even crack the top 90.

I would admit to one massive oversight on my part though, as I somehow failed to include Mahadevan Sathasivam in your final 18. To my mind, he's probably the only one still out there deserving a place in your squad, so perhaps bringing him in for one of Ayling or Karim wouldn't be the worst idea.

Okay, to make things simpler for the managers participating I've decided to bring back the colored orbs I used in previous seasons to determine a player's overall quality:

:purpo: - Elite/Legend. Used for the players that are undoubtedly the best of the lot.
:redo: - Ruby. Used for players that are extremely talented and can play in a way no one else can replicate.
:goldo: - Gold. Used for players with a high level of consistency and ability to deliver during key moments.
:slvo: - Silver. Used for players that aren't as talented as their Gold/Ruby/Legend contemporaries, but still capable of holding their own against the best in business.
:bro: - Bronze. Used for players that are a level below Silver. They are more likely to put in good performances than players from the Sapphire/Crystal category.
:blueo: - Sapphire/Crystal. Used for players that are inexperienced or with a lower skill set compared to those from a higher category. They could either put in good performances or fail miserably.

In other words: :purpo: > :redo:/:goldo: (:redo: marginally better than :goldo:) > :slvo: > :bro: > :blueo:

Also, the squads selected thus far are sorted in the following order:

Opening batsman (1-2)
Top-order (3-4)
Middle-order (4-7)
Lower-order (7-8)
Tailenders pace (9-11)
Tailanders spin (9-11)

I hope this makes things easier for everyone involved and prevents me from having to step in every time someone decides to let go of a legendary player they've never heard about, but who could prove to be the difference between them winning or losing the tournament.

@Adelaide @Akshay. @Asham @CerealKiller @El Loco @Na Maloom Afraad @Quadralus @Rohith. @Sinister One @TekkogsSteve @X Factor

As suggested by @VC the slogger , squad for South Africa!

:saf: :redo: :ar: Bruce Mitchell (1930s)
:saf: :purpo: :bat: Barry Richards (1970s)
:saf: :purpo: :bat: Herbie Taylor (1920s)

:saf: :purpo: :bat: Dudley Nourse (1940s)
:saf: :purpo: :ar: Jacques Kallis (2000s)
:saf: :purpo: :bat: Graeme Pollock (1960s)

:saf: :purpo: :ar: Aubrey Faulkner (1910s)
:saf: :purpo: :wkb: AB de Villiers (2010s)

:saf: :purpo: :ar: Shaun Pollock (2000s)
:saf: :redo: :ar: Jimmy Sinclair (1890s)

:saf: :purpo: :bwl: Allan Donald (1990s)
:saf: :goldo: :bwl: Gus Kempis (1880s)
:saf: :purpo: :bwl: Dale Steyn (2010s)

:saf: :purpo: :ar: Hugh Tayfield (1950s)
:saf: :purpo: :ar: Bert Vogler (1900s)

Users who are viewing this thread