Post Line-ups Legends At Battle XII | Pre-season - Ready for action?

If you wanna do it that way it should be 1 v 4 & 2 v 3.

I initially thought about that as my favorite world cup 2007 also had that but then decided to make it 1 v 3, 2 v 4. It'll be unfair to some if I make a change now all of a sudden. Will adopt that next season probably. :thumbs

I initially thought about that as my favorite world cup 2007 also had that but then decided to make it 1 v 3, 2 v 4. It'll be unfair to some if I make a change now all of a sudden. Will adopt that next season probably.
Yeah then it's better to come second than first of fourth than third.

Dag Nabbit! Was that really a poor pitch I'd like to ask?! The pitch seemed to have become increasing better for batting. Our bowlers gave away a huge lead to Proteas in the first innings which proved lethal for us. The spinners took just 5 wickets amongst them in both innings which is not expected from them considering their legacy.

Nope, I made it 1st vs 3rd and 2nd vs 4th.
Playoffs are for a reason. They are beneficial for the teams who have done well throughout the tournament. What's the use of being second on the table for us then when we are going to crash out if we lose this one? On the other hand, South Africa who are 11 points behind us and on 3 get another opportunity to have a go at the trophy.

Playoffs are simple.

1 v 2 - qualifier (Winner goes in the finale)
3 v 4 - eliminator (Loser eliminated)

Loser of qualifier v Winner of eliminator (virtual semi final)

Dag Nabbit! Was that really a poor pitch I'd like to ask?! The pitch seemed to have become increasing better for batting. Our bowlers gave away a huge lead to Proteas in the first innings which proved lethal for us. The spinners took just 5 wickets amongst them in both innings which is not expected from them considering their legacy.

Of course it was a poor pitch. BTW its not my fault that the spinners under-performed. I am surprised too seeing the batsmen at ease there and spinners bowl poorly. Before simming, I pictured Qadir in my mind out-foxing the batsmen but it was the other way round in reality:p.

Playoffs are for a reason. They are beneficial for the teams who have done well throughout the tournament. What's the use of being second on the table for us then when we are going to crash out if we lose this one? On the other hand, South Africa who are 11 points behind us and on 3 get another opportunity to have a go at the trophy.

Playoffs are simple.

1 v 2 - qualifier (Winner goes in the finale)
3 v 4 - eliminator (Loser eliminated)

Loser of qualifier v Winner of eliminator (virtual semi final)

Hmm.. in that case I call for a vote from the managers of the qualified teams. Those who want it to be changed to 1 v 2 & 3 v 4, please state it via post.

Of course it was a poor pitch. BTW its not my fault that the spinners under-performed. I am surprised too seeing the batsmen at ease there and spinners bowl poorly. Before simming, I pictured Qadir in my mind out-foxing the batsmen but it was the other way round in reality:p.

Mate, that question wasn't directed at you. That was out of frustration 'cause the same set of bowlers performed so well the last time. I'm looking forward to the next season and probably with a new team.

Oh come on, Varun. It isn't the votes. It is what actually is the case. Tell me why you had these playoffs for this season? Because in the first season the team which performed well throughout lost in the semi final, right? Playoffs only work in that way. Tell me, why would South Africa want these fixtures to change? It is obviously good for them. They didn't play as well as we did but, still they get an extra chance and we don't. Win win case for SA and lose lose case for us.

Fixtures, Schedule | Indian Premier League 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

See down there how the playoffs are decided.

Oh come on, Varun. It isn't the votes. It is what actually is the case. Tell me why you had these playoffs for this season? Because in the first season the team which performed well throughout lost in the semi final, right? Playoffs only work in that way. Tell me, why would South Africa want these fixtures to change? It is obviously good for them. They didn't play as well as we did but, still they get an extra chance and we don't. Win win case for SA and lose lose case for us.

Hmm.. looks like I didn't understand playoffs fully. My bad:facepalm. I've changed the fixtures now so I'm sorry for the mistake I made earlier.

PLAYOFF FIXTURES
Qualifying Match 1(QM 1)
India v West Indies at Sabina Park

Elimination Match(EM)
South Africa v Australia at Arnos Vale

Thi league is well done, congrats to who did this :cheers . Can't wait for the playoffs fixtures to go underway.

200px-West_Indies_Cricket_Cap_Insignia.svg.png

West Indies
Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards
George Headley
Garry Sobers (c) ^
Clyde Walcott (wk)
Curtly Ambrose ^
Courtney Walsh ^
Lance Gibbs ^
Andy Roberts ^
Michael Holding ^

---
Garry Sobers to bowl spin.​

We have lost to India earlier in the league, this has to be the best time for revenge!

Users who are viewing this thread