Let it rain!

Um I think it was above the hidden bugs installed to stop piracy

I think I was being rhetorical, thanks. Not, however, about the crap. One female being honest, any takers from the boys... ?

But yes piracy, we mentioned how sad and useless one must feel to do, almost impotent. Castration is a good punishment... Alas static...

Got quite in this thread all of a sudden...?

I also think it was about steam as a DRM for protecting content many hate it but it is a necessary medium to protect rights and content.

Not as if I'm running around with hand shears.

I also think it was about steam as a DRM for protecting content many hate it but it is a necessary medium to protect rights and content.

It's not necessary at all and CDPR proved it. Thank God for GOG

It's not necessary at all and CDPR proved it. Thank God for GOG
Definitely necessary for DBC though... When India/Pakistan is such a significant market for your game, releasing DRM-free would be suicidal.

I'm a PC gamer but would rather own a game on Steam than buy through GOG - keeps my library together, the games update automatically, there's achievements and I can be sure the in-game overlay (Shift+Tab) will work with 99% of the games. Maybe if Steam ceases to exist then I'll lose access to everything but I can't see that happening in my lifetime.

I don't mind most DRM as long as it actually works and keeps pirates out, I'd even encourage it if it means we'd end up with better funded, bigger budget games as a result... What does annoy me though are having restrictions/inconvenience from DRM when the game has been cracked and the pirates who have bypassed the DRM actually end up with a better experience than paying customers. At that point the developer should just patch the game to remove it entirely.

You're right @Madman specifically for DBC i guess it's necessary because of the pirate hot spot, a bit like FIFA in Russia or FM in China.

GOG is great. You can still add your GOG games in to the steam client and vice versa. GOG has the achievements too but it gives me total ownership of the game.

I notice a lot of Denuvo games are removing it completely after the probation period or whatever the guarantee is.

Probably talk of shears and castration never good. However, piracy does need to be tackled... The torrent sites need to be closed down and possibly prices could also come down. Not as if companies profiteer?

Buying a Swiss army knife just for a bottle opener though would be a little silly.

True. Yet not in a market where other bottle openers didn't exist.
Sorry @Chief , but what do you mean exactly? I'm assuming the "bottle opener" your referencing is the career mode, yes?... Well if thats the case, there ain't even any other knives on the market either! ... I'm confused and have a headache now!

P.S It's clear you have a passion for cricket game with the above statement, why are you not helping or involved with big ant? I mean surely you have the background and resumé to be a worthy contributor to there team, heck you might even help them make a better game! Apart from ac13 the ashes series games were pretty kick ass IMO, for the era at the very least... Or were you just the coffee boy or something?

Last edited:
GOG is great. You can still add your GOG games in to the steam client and vice versa. GOG has the achievements too but it gives me total ownership of the game.

I notice a lot of Denuvo games are removing it completely after the probation period or whatever the guarantee is.

Denuvo is hated alright, even saw one guy on steam for dbc checking whether the game was denuvo protected and then buying it. I personally think most of the hate of denuvo is due to EA origin and ubi Uplay mess than denuvo itself, its pretty unobtrusive in JC3. In the end if it helps genuine game devs earn a bit more im glad.

Gog is fantastic but its called Good old games for a reason, its for the old games that got stuck behind crappy shit like GFWL and what not to be playable again without worries. While its a nice gesture from CDPR to release their game on that platform, its not the most comforting platform especially for niche games or games with market area were they are pirated a lot. Steam i would say walks the middle path between the two ends of uplay denuvo combo and DRM free GOG.

P.S It's clear you have a passion for cricket game with the above statement, why are you not helping or involved with big ant? I mean surely you have the background and resumé to be a worthy contributor to there team, heck you might even help them make a better game! Apart from ac13 the ashes series games were pretty kick ass IMO, for the era at the very least... Or were you just the coffee boy or something?

Last time we spoke we fundamentally disagreed about fielding mechanics. There's just no way back from there. ;-)

I came here for funny posts about pirates not being able to play the game. For the most part the thread has not delivered. Back to laughing at pirates please :thumbs

You do need two hands to hold a joy pad alas a hook will not suffice.

Why are pirates called Pirates... Because they AAAAARRRRRGGGGH!!!

Last time we spoke we fundamentally disagreed about fielding mechanics. There's just no way back from there. ;-)
Aaargh! I sea, I sea...

Edit: I'm not too sure if these pirate jokes have gone to my head, but im pretty sure last time we spoke @Chief we were arguing over girls playing with boys! unless your thinking of someone else ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread