License issue (PS4)

ajamils

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My brother bought the game from US PSN store and downloaded to his PS4. When I tried playing with my PSN ID (on his PS4), it gave me an error that the game is licensed to XYZ (my brother's PSN ID) and if I want to play it I will need to purchase it (paraphrasing). WTF?

Next day, I tried watching his game via Remote Play functionality (through my PS4) and I got an error saying "this game is not released in your region so you will not be able to view the gameplay".

I've never seen either of these issues with any of my Ps4 games before. Also, since the game was downloaded from US PSN how come it is not "released" in my region?

My brother bought the game from US PSN store and downloaded to his PS4. When I tried playing with my PSN ID (on his PS4), it gave me an error that the game is licensed to XYZ (my brother's PSN ID) and if I want to play it I will need to purchase it (paraphrasing). WTF?

Next day, I tried watching his game via Remote Play functionality (through my PS4) and I got an error saying "this game is not released in your region so you will not be able to view the gameplay".

I've never seen either of these issues with any of my Ps4 games before. Also, since the game was downloaded from US PSN how come it is not "released" in my region?

Are you trying to access the game on the same console on which it has been downloaded and installed? Generally all the psn accounts should be able to play a game installed on the PS4 by the main psn account on the PS4.

Are you trying to access the game on the same console on which it has been downloaded and installed? Generally all the psn accounts should be able to play a game installed on the PS4 by the main psn account on the PS4.
Yes, I tried playing on the same console on which it was originally purchased and downloaded.

Make sure your brother has set his PS4 as his primary console, game sharing doesn't work if it's not set.

It's still classed as the same thing to Sony, if the console is set as his primary then any other account on the console can play games registered to his account, if it's secondary then only he can play them plus has to be online.

I've just tested it as I have a UK PSN account which I use as my main and a US one I use to pick games up from the US store if there's a good deal on, I've just deactivated the PS4 on my US account then went on my UK account and was locked out of any games bought on the US one, reactivated it and they're all available again so I'm certain this is your problem.

Go into Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Activate as your primary PS4

Users who are viewing this thread