Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pune Warriors India

• Rajasthan Royals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work Aditya. CSK are on top after these 5 overs. RR is excellent, they just need to not throw the wickets and keep scoring big. Raina is the key now. He's well settled and should stand firmly till the end.

@Prats - Glad you liked the update mate. :)

@Dipak - Cheers for the feedback mate, much appreciated. I'd try few gradient effects and see if it works out. :)

Last edited:
Good work with the presentation. Raina is looking good there! He just brought CSK back on track after that early departure.

Great update.:D
Raina going really well here.Go CSK go.
Using our IPL patch:D
Anyways you may download the batpack which I have released to get the correct bats.
And for the tabs, I guess the one in-game would be fine.:)

I see I haven't at all commented here. Man, I really don't know why. I've followed this from the start. You are improving, very very good work. I mean this is even better than your Indian story, good luck for more.

@The_Rock - :cheers

@Meet - Thanks for letting me know mate, I'll download your bat pack. Sadly, I wont be able to use it in the first innings as I've already played the first innings but I should be using it for the second innings. :)

@User2010 - Cheers mate! Yeah, I know, my Indian story hasn't been going too well from the last few months but don't worry I have few ideas planned for it, which I should implement once I start the world cup in that story. :)

zwc5qa.jpg

DLF Indian Premier League 2011 : Season 4
Match 1 : Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders
Played at : MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

On The Mic - Manoj Tiwary

sc52ts.jpg

After 5 overs were bowled, the two commentators at that time, Harsha Bhogle and Sunil Gavaskar had the chance to talk to Manoj Tiwary who was playing out there in the middle.

2lw68na.jpg
Hi Manoj, Harsha here. Can you hear me?

jb7frm.jpg
Yes Harsha, I can hear you.

2lw68na.jpg
So, how is the atmosphere out there in the stadium? CSK have got off to a very fine start, the CSK fans in the crowd will be surely delighted.

jb7frm.jpg
Oh yes Harsha, the atmosphere is just terrific. CSK fans are supporting there team very well and this is the main reason that CSK's record at their home ground is amazing.

1416ya0.jpg
Manoj, Gavaskar here. You guys will be looking for a wicket here, what better than the wicket of Raina. :D Raina has really done tremendously well after the early wicket of Vijay.

jb7frm.jpg
Surely, a wicket at this situation will be great. We indeed started the match well, with getting the wicket of Vijay in the second over but since then Raina has been terrific. We need to get few quick wickets here to get back in the match.

2lw68na.jpg
Your performance in the first class cricket has been really good. This is a big platform for you. If you perform you might get selected for the Indian team that will tour to West Indies because the rumors are that the senior players might be rested for that tour as the selectors are looking to give the youngsters a chance to showcase their talent.

jb7frm.jpg
I'm not sure about me getting selected for the Indian side. At the moment my aim is to perform for my team, KKR that is. If I perform well then if the luck favors me, I might get selected for the Indian team. :)

1416ya0.jpg
We will let you concentrate on the game now. Good luck for today's match, Manoj. It was great talking to you.

jb7frm.jpg
Thanks sir! It was completely my pleasure. :)

Check out the next update to see what happened after the first 5 overs of the match. :)

zwc5qa.jpg

DLF Indian Premier League 2011 : Season 4
Match 1 : Chennai Super Kings vs Kolkata Knight Riders
Played at : MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai

CSK innings : 5 to 15 overs update​

Anirudh fails to make an impression, departs for 28 runs
1z69rom.jpg

Just when Anirudh was looking settled he gave away his wicket. Raina was going well at the other and so there really wasn't any need to go for a big shot because the run rate was really good. Anirudh could have easily rotated the strike and this is where experience is handy. Anirudh is inexperienced and so he thought to go for a big shot himself and ended up giving away his wicket for 28 runs off 23 balls. When someone takes so many balls to get settled, it's important that then that player goes on to play a big knock which really wasn't the case with Anirudh. Next batsman to come in was the captain himself, MS Dhoni.

1zqsexc.jpg

Dhoni departs for a low score of 3​
2lx9gjp.jpg

As soon as Dhoni came to the pitch, Yusuf was brought into the bowling attack. Maybe, it was a tactic from Gambhir? BREAKING NEWS : Dhoni has a weakness.... :spy :p

35l5cg7.jpg

The captain cool, MS Dhoni didn't really trouble the scorers as he departed for just 4 runs off 3 balls. Dhoni was trying sweep Yusuf through the leg side field but ended up playing the ball straight to Lee, at short mid on. Chennai Super Kings were now 82 for 3. The run rate was still good, all thanks to Raina. This tactic from Gambhir of bringing Yusuf as soon as Dhoni came to the pitch worked, Dhoni departed to Yusuf.

erige0.jpg

It was a surprising decision from Dhoni to promote Albie Morkel up the order. Maybe, at this situation of the match, it would have been better to send someone as Badri or even Styris because both of them can rotate the strike well but no, Dhoni had some other ideas. ;)

Stand up and applaud a gem of a inning from Raina :p

rsdb0y.jpg

2 quick wickets fell at the other end but these two wickets were not enough for Raina to lose his concentration. He continued to be positive and soon reached to his half century, a really good one that too. This will be a very crucial inning for Raina for sure, his form in the world cup wasn't the best but this fifty at the starting of this tournament or rather in the first match of the tournament should do wonders to his confidence. :)

2dkffhy.jpg

Raina's wagon wheel till his fifty

As one can clearly see, there are shots all around the ground. Quite a few sixes and fours there, really the people present at the ground and the people watching the match at home, would have enjoyed this inning from Raina. :D

Raina departs for 61​
n3al8z.jpg

From one end, Yusuf was bowling and from the other, Kallis was bowling. Kallis proved to be very expensive in his first over, he gave away 14 runs. But KKR were again back in the match as Yusuf got yet another wicket and this time the big wicket of Raina.

34t63c0.jpg

Somehow, the ball kept really low and Raina just completely missed it. Raina stood his ground for few minutes because he just could not believe that he was bowled but in the end he trudged back to the pavilion. Badri was the next batsman to come into bat.

125kwt0.jpg

Badrinath run out for 0, CSK in a bit of bother at 115/5
4q0ls9.jpg

Albie Morkel played the ball to mid on and called for a single, Badri hesitated to respond to the call but Albie took off, Badri then decided to run but it was just too late, he was run out. There was no chance of him making his ground; he just took off so late. Badri was very disappointed though when he was going back to the pavilion and so he should be, getting out on 0 never makes anyone happy. :p Styris came to bat next.

289whf5.jpg

Scott Styris hasn't been playing for New Zealand's international team regularly so it's not sure whether he is in good form or not. Should be interesting to see that does he still have the talent to smash the ball out of the ground, easily! CSK do need some big shots from him. :)

2qlwwh2.jpg
Now with 5 overs left, Albie and Styris have a big task on their shoulders. Ashwin is the next batsman to come in, he can rotate the strike but you just cannot depend on a lower order batsman to take his team' total to maybe 150 or even 160, which means to make the runs at a good rate of 8 to 9 runs per over, from this stage. These two are the last recognized players; can they take CSK's score to 150 or 160? Check out in the next update. :)

Chennai Super Kings : 126 for 5 after 15 overs
Albie Morkel 19*(17)
Scott Styris 9*(6)

Last Wicket : Subramaniam Badrinath : 0(1)
Yusuf Pathan 3-0-22-2
Jacques Kallis 3-0-38-0

Last edited:
CSK just lost their way by losing plenty of wickets. Still, nothing can be said as Morkel has got 5 more overs to play at!

Damn, that's a very silly mistake. I know that I should've used inexperienced there, it's just a stupid mistake. Cheers for pointing it out, I've corrected it. :cheers

Sorry for disappointing you guys but I wont be continuing with this story. I really don't have any interest left in this story and the second thing is that, the IPL fever is gone so I don't think even the members will be much interested in an IPL story. I'd continue with my Indian story though. If I start a story in near future (I have a plan of starting one) it wont be as long as my Indian story or this one. Again, sorry for disappointing you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread