Liposuction rules Akhtar out

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The career of Pakistan pace bowler Shoaib Akhtar has taken another bizarre turn with revelations the speedster will miss out on the tour of Australia as he is recovering from liposuction surgery.
Not only will the former strike weapon miss the three Tests and five one-day internationals in Australia, he is set to spend the next five months sidelined from the sport.

Akhtar's weight problems are said to have spiralled over recent seasons and the surgery was an attempt to trim down and return to the game slimmer and faster.

Liposuction rules Akhtar out - Cricket - Fox Sports

Lol, Akhtar's career is going down the same path Michael Jackson's did.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
at least MJ had a longer career..

Akhtar didnt even play 5 years in a row

he worked out too much, he became a body builder then cricket player. he got huge!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:laugh People actually thought he was going to Australia.

irottev

School Cricketer
His career has been over for years. The only person who doesn't know it is him. Akhtar has had the most ridiculous headlines in the last 5 or so years. Genital warts, liposuction, performance enhancing drugs, arguments with players etc.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Shoaib Akhtar is trying really hard to get back to cricket. I don't know about others but I still want to see him playing for Pakistan again. I can't think of any Pakistani bowler in the present squad with half of the talent and passion that Shoaib has. Unfortunately, bad company spelled doom for him.

A fierce competitor, a fiery, feisty express fast bowler and someone whose really done his country and cricket a lot of good. I still remember his comeback spell with KKR vs DD in IPL-1. What a mesmerizing spell that was ! :)

P

pcfan123

Recalling Shoaib Akhtar would be a massive step backwards for Pakistan, might as well call Mushtaq Ahmed back into the side.

There is no lack of fast bowling talent in that country, they don't need to deal with Akhtars antics. Last few times I saw him bowl he was struggling to bowl more than 4-5 overs and his pace was in the high 130s low

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
He terrorised batsmen and bought fear to them!! He gave a new meaning to RAW PACE in the late 90's... Very unfortunate that his career has gone this way:noway

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Shoaib Akhtar is trying really hard to get back to cricket. I don't know about others but I still want to see him playing for Pakistan again. I can't think of any Pakistani bowler in the present squad with half of the talent and passion that Shoaib has. Unfortunately, bad company spelled doom for him.

A fierce competitor, a fiery, feisty express fast bowler and someone whose really done his country and cricket a lot of good. I still remember his comeback spell with KKR vs DD in IPL-1. What a mesmerizing spell that was ! :)

yes that was FIRE :hpraise

P

pcfan123

Exactly, people seem to forget that the late 90's were a decade ago. Its been a long time since Shoaib Akhtar intimidated anyone with the exception of when he hit M Asif with a bat.

P

pcfan123

Wasn't he like the fastest bowler?

Past tense being the key word. He is not even in the top 10 fastest bowlers right now.

Just off the top of my head

Siddle
Anderson/Broad on their day
Flintoff
Steyn
Morkel
Tait
Lee
M Johnson
F Edwards
J Taylor
M Aamir

All faster than Akhtar right now.

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Past tense being the key word. He is not even in the top 10 fastest bowlers right now.

Just off the top of my head

Siddle
Anderson/Broad on their day
Flintoff
Steyn
Morkel
Tait
Lee
M Johnson
F Edwards
J Taylor
M Aamir

All faster than Akhtar right now.

Haha what a joke!!
Iam sure he is still faster than most of these guys actually!! have'nt you seen his comeback with KKR?? he can go past 150 if he is fit!

Especially saying that Anderson is faster than akthar is an even bigger JoKE

P

pcfan123

Haha what a joke!!
Iam sure he is still faster than most of these guys actually!! have'nt you seen his comeback with KKR?? he can go past 150 if he is fit!

His comeback with KKR was almost 2 years ago. He has played for Pakistan since and has looked woefully out of form and his pace was in the high 130s.

I would bet my mortgage that he can not touch anywhere near 150k right now.

Users who are viewing this thread