London 2012 Olympics

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Funny enough an Indian had to start this.

In the name of Olympics, the fire is just set in, and Beckham is looking desperate to get into GB football team.

A 70 day Torch relay to start from this night from Cornish Air base, carried over by 8000 athletes.

The plane has nice colours too.

The plan is an absolute joke as is the entire torch process. These are times of Austerity, not firstly funding a massively expensive games, and then paying to have things like a plane painted gold and a torch with all the relevant security etc carried by some people...

Can you tell that this kind of crap annoys me :p

----------

(oh sure have some olympic games, but don't tell me that so and so needs to be closed and such and such has their benefits cut, and Mr and Mrs lose their jobs, and no we can't build that hospital because we have the small matter of a vanity project where we paint a plane for the cost of 100 nurses...)

Them whiners don't show up as Olympics kick in by day, maybe well there should be somebody to downplay a great event. Remember the Tibetan outrage in 2008, they never looked like bothering again once the Olympics took off.

You could use the increasing Tourism to settle the score. :p

No, you really can't. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited that we have the Olympics because I love sport in general, but the cost at which it's coming is surely too great considering we're in the financial state that we're in.

It's been an outrage since we got it, don't get me started on the tickets... Myself, as well as many of my friends were unlucky to not get tickets, and although some of them have now got tickets for the 'inferior' sessions of Fencing and the like, I haven't. However I've just heard on the radio that 'large numbers' of corporate seats are still available.

I did hear a rather amusing joke the other day about the Olympics being similar to the London riots of last summer, however i won't post the punchline as it could be seen as being racist by some

The plan is an absolute joke as is the entire torch process. These are times of Austerity, not firstly funding a massively expensive games, and then paying to have things like a plane painted gold and a torch with all the relevant security etc carried by some people...

550902_363029243746794_200068713376182_926811_287693267_n_thumb.jpg

Haha yeah :) That basically. I'm fed up of people who have only ever read about poverty (or maybe had a guided tour around a council estate once) telling everyone how hard it must be and what needs doing and how they blahblahblah. They only know what needs doing to benefit themselves, everyone else is just a statistic.

The ticketing was a shambles as well, because by not having a ballot system that then reallocated tickets if someone had already been successful, the people with enough money to lay down for a full set end up taking tons of tickets and the average member of the public gets nothing.

It's fine though, because there will be enough seats for the sponsors, and the tourism will save the city! (whilst simultaneously shutting down most of London and effectively making it a nightmare for any small independent businesses that aren't driven by footfall). It's fine! Because the big companies will be able to cope and get richer :D

Quite staggering isn't it.

Can see Bolt breaking the 100m record only for someone to realise the track was only 90m long :p Or they all turn up and realise they've only put 4 rings on the Olympic sign.

Well Well....I'am lucky I got the tickets for a football match first time going for the Olympics and guys who live in London who want tickets can contact me..Iam flying from Dubai and will shift to London after the Olympics.:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread