London 2012 Olympics

Stupid LOCOG website. You sit in a queue for half an hour, find the ticket you want is no longer available and then see that it shows as available when you search.
My football tickets are Korea vs Gabon so not great. Bought before draw was made I should add!

New Zealand Women vs Great Britain Women tonight to kick things off! Women's football has to be one of the most unanticipated sports there though...

Most people here reckon the women have a far better chance than the men. Still haven't worked out why it's starting two days before the opening ceremony.

Isn't it so they get enough rest in between games or something?

Both of our teams have Brazil. Our men have Egypt and Belarus as well, so they're an alright chance to get out of there. Our women who are actually probably our better team have Great Britain and Cameroon, so they'd need to produce something special to get out of there.

----------

Isn't it so they get enough rest in between games or something?

Yeah, even with the early start they still only have two days off between each match.

The Olympics this time will be held in England which means 3rd time in 100 years .

I was rather impressed by the opening ceremony. Totally managed to better my expectations (which admittedly wasn't too high after Beijing's opening ceremony or the preview for the London one during the '08 closing ceremonies, but that show was genius [or British, take your pick]). The torch-lighting was pure and utter class. Well done London.

Loved it, although a shame they ruined it a bit by wheeling out Macca at the end.

I though we would never get it as good as the Chinese, but Danny Boyle did an amazing job. The blow up Voldemort and the high-light was Mr Bean (what a legend). Great job, only if the queen had looked vaguely interested it would have made it a lot better. Admittedly the Olympics has cost us 9.2 billion but most of them are delivering costs from China :lol

I thought the opening ceremony was fantastic - the best of what Britain can offer - including some things that are uniquely British - and a great theatrical twist to things towards the beginning. The torch was easily the most spectacular one I've ever seen - the whole thing was stunning from beginning to end. The Mr Bean section was hilarious, the Bond section was sublime - Ioved it! We really showed how Britain can put on a show just as well as the rest of 'em (and we showed what the world's missing out on not giving England the World Cup. ;) )

So proud of us!

Muhammed Ali though - my God, he is unrecognisable!

What do you guys make of this?

Obviously the music was dubbed over the top, but what the hell is that guy doing? Some think he's got a dodgy arm, I prefer to go with a dodgy salute. See the way he brings his hand in to his chest and then extends it again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread