Your Cricket lower back pains while bowling

theCenturion195

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi I'm a 14 year old fast medium bowler and I play 1s for my local club as well as u17s. Each saturday i am bowling from 3-6 overs a spell and 2-3 spells a day. I have been told that i have a nice action and a good long follow through. However When I bowl I feel pains that come from my lower back about an inch or two to the left side of my spine. I have got no idea why this suddenly started happening but anyone Please comment your knowledge if you know what this is and if it could be a severe or minor problem

Your best bet is to consult your doctor.

Hi I'm a 14 year old fast medium bowler and I play 1s for my local club as well as u17s. Each saturday i am bowling from 3-6 overs a spell and 2-3 spells a day. I have been told that i have a nice action and a good long follow through. However When I bowl I feel pains that come from my lower back about an inch or two to the left side of my spine. I have got no idea why this suddenly started happening but anyone Please comment your knowledge if you know what this is and if it could be a severe or minor problem

So this is a little late but oh well!

I had this recently after I changed my action. Changed my action to more of a Mitchel Johnson so I could break 110kph and I had this exact same thing except on my right side. Went to the Highveld Lions Physio and he said it is a result of changing your action. Took a couple painkillers and waited it off for a month and it is better. Still going to a chiropractor to be 100% so if you want you could wait it out or consult someone to see if there is something better.

So this is a little late but oh well!

I had this recently after I changed my action. Changed my action to more of a Mitchel Johnson so I could break 110kph and I had this exact same thing except on my right side. Went to the Highveld Lions Physio and he said it is a result of changing your action. Took a couple painkillers and waited it off for a month and it is better. Still going to a chiropractor to be 100% so if you want you could wait it out or consult someone to see if there is something better.
Mate having the exact same problem. Not gone away since August last year. It prevents me from regularly bending my back to try hit 135 odd but been to chiro lots and hes given me excersises to do for it. It helps but not going away. Thought it was a pinched nerve but really I havnt got a clue. Mine is about 1 or 2 inches to the left of my lower back too. Please let me know if you realize what it is.

Mate having the exact same problem. Not gone away since August last year. It prevents me from regularly bending my back to try hit 135 odd but been to chiro lots and hes given me excersises to do for it. It helps but not going away. Thought it was a pinched nerve but really I havnt got a clue. Mine is about 1 or 2 inches to the left of my lower back too. Please let me know if you realize what it is.

Okay so this was a while ago but it turned out the only muscle that developed in my back was my lower right muscle so there was too much strain on it. Have to do a bunch of strength excersies to develop the other muscles.

All there really is to it I guess. Hard work at core strengthening.

Users who are viewing this thread