LV County Championship 2008

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
lv-county-championship-11883.gif

The LV County Championship, England's first class competition, starts this Wednesday. Discuss what happens in this thread.

The first fixtures:

16th April 2008-19th April 2008 11:00am BST starts

Division One

Hampshire v Sussex at The Rose Bowl, Southampton
Kent v Nottinghamshire at St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury
Surrey v Lancashire at Kennington Oval, London

Division Two

Essex v Northamptonshire at Ford County Ground, Chelmsford
Gloucestershire v Derbyshire at County Ground, Bristol
Leicestershire v Middlesex at Grace Road, Leicester
Warwickshire v Worcestershire at Edgbaston, Birmingham

The defending champions Sussex are away in Hampshire for their first match, a tricky game. Andrew Flintoff should be playing for Lancashire in Surrey.

Hard start for us, but it would be nice to get rid of last season's dissapointment by giving them a drubbing.

Come on Surrey! Am looking forward to this season.

Looking forward to the Surrey vs Lancashire game due to the dramatic events at the end of last season. Lancashire will be tough opposition with Flintoff back in the team.

Hampshire look very weak at the moment, no Warne, no Bond (afaik) and I think KP has not been released by the ECB. I'm very interested to see how Harris goes.

I'll be interested how the spinners go (as usual).

Rashid and Tredwell will look for a good season, which may get them in the England side in the winter while Swann will want to bowl well for Notts if he wants secure his postion as England's number two spinner.

I wish LCCC v Surrey was on SS as I could watch the end of each day after school :(

I wish LCCC v Surrey was on SS as I could watch the end of each day after school :(

Sky Sports show very few County Championship matches during the season by contract. If they showed a match right at the start of the season, it would be a long while before they showed another one.

I know just I really want to see LCCC's first CC game

Warwickshire to have the Division 2 crown by the end! I'm predicting an easy win for the Bears tomorrow against Worcestershire!

I can see Hampshire struggling. I think they have Bond available but leaving the spin bowling department to Lamb(I think) and young Dawson probably isn't the best idea. Sussex are the team to beat in the first division, although I expect a challenge from my local side Somerset, hopefully with Munday getting plenty of chances to show what he can do. Although it seems we could name a team of 11 Kolpak(ers) at the moment. :moop:

Zander De Bruyn might be arriving soon as well. I'll be annoyed if the likes of Blackwell can't get in the team because of this.

ill be keeping and eye on Chris Jordan and Maurice Jordan, hopefully these two improve this year. Also Pedro Collins who should performs good in English conditions.

Really looking forward to the start of the season proper tomorrow.

Got 3 days off work and 5 days (potentially) of cricket to watch :)

I'm hopeful of a good season from Kent this year, we have a real underdog status in the CCh but I think we suffered more than most with the odd weather last season.
Looking forward to the Notts match, don't really know what to expect from them, champions one year, relegated the next, back up to div1 this season and with a new skipper Chris Read. Not sure what to make of him as a skipper as rumours of him being difficult to work with when he was with the England camp were abound.

Am not sure Essex will be up there challenging. Hopefully Ryan ten Doeschate can have one hell of a season with Ravi Bopara.

Users who are viewing this thread