LV County Championship 2008

Sky Sports show very few County Championship matches during the season by contract. If they showed a match right at the start of the season, it would be a long while before they showed another one.
Yep, I think and correct me if I'm wrong that they have the rights to show 2 games a season. Lancashire were actually lucky last year in that we featured in both of those. Like last season, its usually one mid-season and one at the end of the season when the important issues are being decided.

We need more luck this week at Surrey than we got in September. As for the Championship, its been so long without winning it and coming so close the last two years makes me wonder when we're going to do it. Ian Ward was previewing it on SSN this morning and put up a good case for Somerset too, I think he's right, they could easily pile on the runs at Taunton and they won't get bowled out cheaply too often.

I believe they have the rights to show more than 2 games, they just chose to show 2 games a season.

I believe they have the rights to show more than 2 games, they just chose to show 2 games a season.
Ah right, thats a bit annoying really. I guess the reasoning is that it takes up the schedule for the day and they'd get more viewers for a One Day game.

Yep much better to show the mongolian tiddlywinks championship or some such rubbish ;)

Yep much better to show the mongolian tiddlywinks championship or some such rubbish ;)
Don't forget Football Masters, which Sky insist on repeating 20 times in the summer to fill up their schedule:p.

Flintoff's in the squad for tomorrow, if he takes his time to recover, which he should, then we should get to see plenty of him at Lancs. Since theres no thread for the FPT, I may as well talk about it in here, I think I'm going to go down to OT on Sunday for the game against Derbyshire, well, thats if my membership book gets here on time, its been late this year.

Well start a FPT thread then ;)

Don't forget Football Masters, which Sky insist on repeating 20 times in the summer to fill up their schedule:p.

Flintoff's in the squad for tomorrow, if he takes his time to recover, which he should, then we should get to see plenty of him at Lancs. Since theres no thread for the FPT, I may as well talk about it in here, I think I'm going to go down to OT on Sunday for the game against Derbyshire, well, thats if my membership book gets here on time, its been late this year.

Then why didn't BBC bid and put it on Interactive? Cricket on BBC, oh sorry, silly me!

Kent 136-8, some guy called Pattinson has taken 5-22 so far. He seems to have little history on his CricInfo profile. Kev will be happy :D We are doing okay down at Hants, 130 odd for 3, Bond has 2. Rose Bowl often favours bowling, so I'd say 350 would be a competitive total. No Harris though. Mushy, Aga, RMJ, Wright and Liddle are our bowlers.

See sky could show a highlights program, it's not the easiest thing to show highlights of but theres a lot of cricket fans, a lot more than mongolian tiddlywinks as kev said and it might actually get the teams a bit of publicity if it was all action.

Anyway Leicester off to a flyng start as usual, well Rowe looks a prospect at least, he's already taken a 5fer and 8 wickets in a match and has made a good start here too. Malik is as crap as he was at Worcester, Cummins is crap, Lawson is crap and foreign, Henderson is good old and foreign and Allenbys good and semi foreign. Good batting line up but long tail. Oh well a strong middlesex team and Shahs on fire so far this season.

oh and good to see Newby with wickets for lancs, rapid in the back garden.

Wicket for Freddie :D I hope he get's test match fit in time for the South Africa series, we don't need him for New Zealand, but having him fit for the SA series is vital. Simon Jones is back today aswell, if he could get a successful run in the Worcestershire side there's every chance of an England call-up for him. I'd rather have Jones over Harmison.

It's not just success with Jones though, I think he needs to play a whole season uninterrupted before being considered. Baring in mind his inability to play OD cricket, it shall be interesting to see if Worcs even play him in OD cricket.

Our game has started off like the one at the end of last season did, with Surrey piling on the runs. And it looks like Ramprakash has continued where he left off. Looking at the figures, they suggest good bowling from Flintoff so thats a positive. Yep, your mate Newby with a wicket too Joe.

Why are we playing 3 openers though, I don't see the point in not playing Croft ahead of Sutcliffe from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread