LV County Championship 2008

Looks like our game is heading for a draw, They are still about 16 behind us, tomorrow is the last day though. Rain meant no 2nd and 3rd sessions, and they are scoring at under 3 an over too.

Leicestershire winning :D :D :D :D

What the hell that was on the first game I don't know! Malik I called crap and he goes on and gets 5fer and 8 in the match, all the bowlers contibuted and the top order were pleasing. This is with Du Preez the best bowler in South Africa (:D) and Kruger whos going well to come as well! Dippenaar too, quality. Hopefully we knock off the runs now

150 more with 8 wickets in hand though, could be a nail biter.

yeh, for a while we went at about 1.5 runs an over and I thought we'd blown it but Allenby and Boyce came in, Boyce looks a good prospect, couple of 60's and Allenbys already class!

Oh and most importantly, who needs Stuart Broad?!! :D

Last edited:
I'd rank that as a pretty good win for Leicestershire. Middlesex's bowling looks a bit all over the place, but with their batting lineup and the fact they batted first, they would have been huge favourites to win.

You'd just better hope that your bowlers can keep this start going.

Well our game was drawn, and Ryan Harris won't play for Sussex again. If he plays for us a non-overseas player (on an Irish passport iirc, maybe English) then he'll have to play for Queensland as an overseas player and he wants to play for Australia eventually, can't blame him. Shame, we'll have wasted money on him though.

I'd rank that as a pretty good win for Leicestershire. Middlesex's bowling looks a bit all over the place, but with their batting lineup and the fact they batted first, they would have been huge favourites to win.

You'd just better hope that your bowlers can keep this start going.

Not a chance :p Well maybe I was a bit pessimistic, with 2 quality bowlers still to come and our youngsters playing well I give us a chance of causing a few more upsets.

Still think Middlesex are too good for divison 2 when you look at the likes of Strauss, Shah, Udal, Joyce, Smith, Silverwood and Richardson all having proven themselves to be quality players although they might not see much of Shah and Strauss. Plus they have quality kids too like Finn and Godleman, really they should be beating sides like us.

I think Finn has lots of potential, look forward to seeing him at some point.

I wonder if we play Middlesex in any meaningful games this season?

Essex won by 9 wickets. :D

Should of won by 10 wickets but Gallian went and got out for 4 after a cameo in the first innings.

Norhants - 280 all out
Klusener 72* Bopara 3-39
White 60 Nel 3-64

Essex - 503/5 dec
Gallian 171 Wigley 2-105
Bopara 150 Bailey 2-119

Norhants - 237 all out
Klusener 92 Masters 4-69
Wakely 53 ten Doeschate 3-23

Essex - 15/1
Chopra 7* Bailey 1-8
Gallian 4

Bopara was absolutely fantastic. More of this this season and we can surely fight for alot of the trophies. :p

Well, the weather saved Lancs, and thank god. We were dead and buried!

We have Somerset on Wed.

Kent down at Sussex on Wednesday, never have I been so happy to be at work for a match. I'm not confident at all after last weeks performance. Hoping for some changes to the line-up - Dexter and Joseph should start ahead of Stevens and Saggers, but probably wont. Would like to see Cookie-Monster get a game too.

Rob Key getting out in the second innings against Notts. Isn't cricket in April lovely ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Leicestershire bowling first, reasonable start, Kruger looks to be carrying his form through and Henderson is showing he's still got it at 35!

Looking at Lancs good to see Fred with a couple but why was Newby dropped ahead of Mahmood, stupid. 0-111 or 2-112 with a better economy...

Newby's injured ;) Lancs have a quality attack out today, Anderson, Chapple, Flintoff and Mahmood. Nice to see Freddie back bowling lots of overs, proves that he is actualy fit, he's taken 2 wickets aswell today. Jimmy Anderson has a wicket to his name aswell, i'd love to see Jimmy and Freddie have a dynamite season, especially Jimmy. He's still one of my favourite bowlers in the world, and on his day can take apart any attack, proven by the 5fer against India. When it's swinging Jimmy's one of the most dangerous bowlers in the world.

What a start from Lancashire, Somerset are 203 for 8 (65.5 overs), Trescothick with 77, Blackwell not out on 56

Lancs wickets:

Anderson, Marshall 1
Chapple, Freddie, Sajid, 2

COME ON LANCASHIRE!!

Users who are viewing this thread