LV County Championship 2008

Even though it happens less frequently, games do swing dramatically in T20. Having said that though, I agree that 50 over cricket is miles better.

You work? :eek: I didn't think you were old enough (No offence)

lol, non taken, im above the age of the average PC user put it that way, and maby only kev is older then me, but then he is older than most people lol (sorry kev)

no play on the 3rd day at lancs! seriously, it rained in the morning for a couple of hours and they was clear from about midday onwards! some lazy groundsman at lancs if they couldnt get the game on!!!!

Northants: 385 & 240-7
Warwickshire: 243 & 388-8
Warwickshire beat Northamptonshire by 2 wickets

A good result for Warks and the first win of the season after draws in the first LVCC game and also in our first FPT game too as it was rained off. We stumbled over the line after Monty Panesar grabbed 4 late wickets to put us under pressure. But Monde Zondeki hit the winning runs, and we chased down a huge total on the last day, and hearing that Boyd Rankin is apparently out for the season wasn't a good feeling but we have our first win so I'm happy again :D

lol, non taken, im above the age of the average PC user put it that way, and maby only kev is older then me, but then he is older than most people lol (sorry kev)
Most! :p

Good days cricket today down at hove, got away with not having to work and the sun was out. Bit of a difference to last week, got a bit sunburnt today!

Shame the match ended in a tame draw, glad to see Tredders get a 50 and it looks like van Jaarsveld is going to have a season where he gets either bugger all or a big score. As for Sussex, they look very much a one man team when bowling, what they'd do without Mushy I don't know.

I was puzzled about Tredwell opening but it seems to have worked quite well. However surely there must be proper batsmen more suited then Tredwell?

Tredwell has opened in the past for the 2XI, so he can play up the order. He played at 3 vs Yorkshire last season and got a hundred. I guess nobody else fancied opening.

Didn't take many pics but did catch Mushy being bowled, having a big heave. LOL at the guy in the background with his head in his hands!

mushy.jpg

Last edited:
Bit too slow on the button, I need a better camera really.

Trust Leicester to get him in good form for the summer :p News not built on his hundred in the first game which is dissapointing but oh well, this one looks like a draw or a loss for us.

Mushy out for 3 weeks, has had surgery on his knee, should give Ollie Rayner a run in the Sussex team. Sadly for me, Mushy will probably be back before the Kent v Sussex return match :(

Matt Boyce gets his first 100, looks like another good young prospect coming through Leicestershire, and Ackerman is just pure class.

Users who are viewing this thread