LV County Championship 2008

Fred gets a 1st baller. Poor form continues.

Tomlinson from Hampshire gts 8fer! Not bad for someone who averages in the high 40's :p

with the bat yea, id take him out 1st ball every time if he can keep bowling like he is!

Old Trafford seems a right minefield this season, Lancs struggled in the FP Trophy against Scotland, and now against Durham. 7fer for Davies, added to a 4fer for Jimmy and Freddie. Hopefully Jimmy'll finally hit some consistent form and start taking heaps of wickets and get his England place back. I still believe that he's one fo the most destructive bowlers in the world when on form and conditions suit. Fantastic bowler when on form, seems to turn to easy pickings when not.

Also, Hundred for KP today :D he scored 100 of Hampshires 194 today, shame he got out after hitting his century. Guna be a good season for KP i think !!

everyone knows what a great bowler jimmy can be, id like the selectors to either give him a full summer in the team, or a full summer with lancs, he really needs a chance to be consistant with one team as when hes on form there is no stopping him

anyways what is going on with the old trafford pitch! im pretty sure the groundsman has put a few mines hidden on a length! it was a perfect dayfor batting yesterday, not a cloud in the sky! Mark Davies got career best figures with his 7-33, hes only 27! i know hes had a lot of injurys in the past but he seems over them now, and his FC average of 22 is better then most, will he every get his chance in the england team??? if sidebottom can do it why cant he, he has the talent! but the lanc bowlers worked well together as well, and freds fiqures of 11.1-4-21-4 are impressive as well!
hopefull lancashire can bat a bit better tomorrow, its another stunning day out side and if we can bat throught the day we can put up a formidable target! at least the game is going to have a result and not a draw like most this season so far

also, another good performance from the kent bowlers! if only the side could bat a bit they would be dangerous! sidebottom picked up 3-8 in reply to put kent to 33/4 at stumps, bothe sides need a good frist session today!

Last edited:
I really can't believe 20 wickets fell on the first day! :eek:

Freddie failing with the bat, but who cares, he is doing it with the ball all right.

I will be there on Sunday, forget work, a Sicky is being thrown!

Current Scores:

Wednesday, 07 May 2008

LV County Championship - Division One

Lancashire: 143 & 35-0
Durham: 114
In Play

Nottinghamshire: 202
Kent: 78-6
In Play

Somerset: 126
Hampshire: 241-5
In Play

LV County Championship - Division Two
Derbyshire: 270
Warwickshire: 66-1
In Play

Essex: Yet to bat
Middlesex: 284-7
In Play

England Lions 1st Innings
26 for 0 (15.5 overs)

Updated Scores:

Wednesday, 07 May 2008

LV County Championship - Division One
Lancashire: 143 & 97-1
Durham: 114
Lunch

Nottinghamshire: 202
Kent: 109-7
Lunch

Somerset: 126
Hampshire: 281-5
Lunch

LV County Championship - Division Two

Derbyshire: 270
Warwickshire: 122-2
Lunch

Essex: 55-2
Middlesex: 302
In Play

England Lions v New Zealand

England Lions 1st Innings
48 for 0 (27.5 overs)

Surprised to see Kent failing, Lancashire hoping to build up a big lead here.

Come on Lancashire!

Chilton out 10 mins befour lunch is a bit of a blow, but Horton is still there on 54 and passed 2000 FC runs in this knock, hope full him and Loye can get a decent partnership going, Loye has been out of form so far this season and needs the time in the middle. Horton the make a ton??

Chilton out 10 mins befour lunch is a bit of a blow, but Horton is still there on 54 and passed 2000 FC runs in this knock, hope full him and Loye can get a decent partnership going, Loye has been out of form so far this season and needs the time in the middle. Horton the make a ton??

I would rather see Freddie, Du Plessis or Yousouf hit a ton, But if Horton can, Im not complaining more runs the better!

:cheers

lancs now 115/1 so derham will have to put up the biggest innings score in the 4th innings already! lancashire can put this one away if they keep horton at the crease for the rest of the day

Guys, we don't need updates of the scores every hour. If someone wants to get them they can go to the Beeb/CricInfo. It's just spam if it doesn't have an opinion with it.

didn't expect Collymore to be this expensive, but he wasn't the only one almost everyone except for Smith went for 5 runs or more.

A walloping, not surprising though. Surrey are a strong side, especially on a docile pitch like Hove. No Prior or Wright for us too. I've been impressed by Tom Smith a lot, good return catch and very clever bowling when they went at nearly 7 an over. I fear we could have a very poor season, the attack looks awful without Mushy.

what a day for lancashire today! Horton gets himself a ton to take his avg to aroung 50, i know its still early in his career but he looks such a good opener, had a wonderful defence and can wallop the bad ball for 4 when it comes! he even hit a 6 today!
The target of 323 what we set is a very difficult one for Durham to get, especially without two of there best batsman, and the way fred is bowling at the moment he is unstopable! at one point in the durham 2nd inning Flintoff has figures of 4-4-0-3!!
his match fiqures so far are 17-9-28-7! really cant see them getting over another 300 runs now they are 28/3, lancs should finisheh this off within 2 sessions tomorrow hopefully

what a day for lancashire today! Horton gets himself a ton to take his avg to aroung 50, i know its still early in his career but he looks such a good opener, had a wonderful defence and can wallop the bad ball for 4 when it comes! he even hit a 6 today!
The target of 323 what we set is a very difficult one for Durham to get, especially without two of there best batsman, and the way fred is bowling at the moment he is unstopable! at one point in the durham 2nd inning Flintoff has figures of 4-4-0-3!!
his match fiqures so far are 17-9-28-7! really cant see them getting over another 300 runs now they are 28/3, lancs should finisheh this off within 2 sessions tomorrow hopefully

Im really hoping that the bowlers can get stuck into Durham today and pick them off.

Lancashire666:
wotrlogo.gif

The rivalry between the Red and White Rose counties is sure to reignite this weekend as Lancashire Lightning take on Yorkshire Carnegie on Sunday (11th May) at Old Trafford.
In the first ?War of the Roses? fixture of the 2008 season, the teams will go head to head in what could prove to be a crucial Friends Provident Trophy match. With both counties well placed in the Northern Division of the competition, a victory in the encounter will count for even more than local pride.

http://www.lccc.co.uk/index.php?p=news&id=2006

You got your tickets yet then?

Users who are viewing this thread