LV County Championship 2008

im working man! bad i know but we get double time on sundays so canna miss it! i normally only make it to CC games or the occasional T20 match

What a start for Lancashire!!

5 quick wickets, getting Durham from 24-4, to 89-8!

Jimmy Anderson with 4 wickets, and Freddie with 3.

To Lancashire: Unlucky mate, ;) Im meant to be working on Sunday, but I really can't be bothered, so Im going to Throw a sicky... Do the same! :cheers

Wait, its all over!!

Durham 90 all out! Lancashire win by 232 runs, Now that is what we like to see Lancashire! Lets carry it on to Sunday! YORKSHIRE, YOU ARE NEXT!

Last edited:
9 for Jimmy in the game and 7 for Fred. Both of them getting a pair with the bat aswell. Top bowling performance from both of them, Jimmy's got to be in the side if Freddie is rested, which I think he should be, we don't need him to beat New Zealand. Jimmy, Broad, Sidebottom and Panesar should be an awesome bowling attack if England rest Fred.

I'd rather have Hoggard over Anderson. Anderson lacks consistency, from brilliant to brilliantly shite.

Yeah I agree, if Anderson has a pitch to his liking then he's dynamite, but the minute it's a good pitch he starts getting hammered around the field, at least Hoggard has control throughout his spells.

Somerset mounting a comeback which is good, Tresco and Langer with tons and we're 150 ahead with 7 wickets in hand as I type, I think if we can set them 300 tomorrow, then it could be a good finish.

well ive not seen the highlights of today but Andersons fiqures for the match being 30-7-77-9 are more than impressive, but the problem is he can never do it two games in a row, which means if he playes in the first test he will be poor :p no i do think he should play in the first test and see how he holds up, in the past hes had lots of injurys and not been able to be too consistant but hes been injury free for a while now so should be given a chance to see if he can bowl well consistantly. also, Fred finished with match fiqures of 22-10-45-7! and was apparently bowling very very fast!
england have a few problems, Hoggard has started the season well, anderson and Flintoff are both bowling excellent and Sidebottom is nailed on to be in the team, Broad has looked useful and is going to get better and better and england will probably only play 3 of them! lots to think about for the selectors. but im still happy Lancashire won today, gives both Anderson and Flitoff an extra day and half rest if they are picked for the first test.

also, Chris Read hit a hugely important 88 to set Kent a testing target of 244! they should get there but it could be a great final day tomorrow there. and i can see Somerset and Hampshire heading into a draw now, bothe Tresco and Langer passed 150 but dont think there will be enough time for Somerset to get a comfortable lead and bowl Hampshire out

Well, I don't think Broad and Sidebottom can be dropped. I assume we will play Monty, it's between Hoggard, Flintoff and Anderson for the 3rd seamer's spot. I'd opt for Hoggard.

A resounding win for Lancashire though, mind you, given the weather up there they need to outplay the opposition by that much! ;)

Bloody awful to blood brilliant from Somerset's batsmen. Anything below 150 on whatever pitch is a disgrace for any county side (Can't believe Durham did it twice in the same game! :eek:), and 125 wasn't good enough. But after a relatively good bowling performance to peg them back after they looked to be heading for 400+, we have really turned the heat on. 559-5 is just a brillaint reply, one that could bring us the unlikely win. Tresco and Langer showing why they are among the best County players at the moment, and then de Bruyn making a great unbeaten 75 to show us that he is an equal replacement to McKenzie.

Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Somerset lead by 326 runs with the alst day to go, but on this pitch that could be chaseable. If we are going to win the game then they will have to collapse, so maybe it's better to get a few quick runs in the morning and hope for that collapse to come.

Bloody awful to blood brilliant from Somerset's batsmen. Anything below 150 on whatever pitch is a disgrace for any county side (Can't believe Durham did it twice in the same game! :eek:), and 125 wasn't good enough. But after a relatively good bowling performance to peg them back after they looked to be heading for 400+, we have really turned the heat on. 559-5 is just a brillaint reply, one that could bring us the unlikely win. Tresco and Langer showing why they are among the best County players at the moment, and then de Bruyn making a great unbeaten 75 to show us that he is an equal replacement to McKenzie.

Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Somerset lead by 326 runs with the alst day to go, but on this pitch that could be chaseable. If we are going to win the game then they will have to collapse, so maybe it's better to get a few quick runs in the morning and hope for that collapse to come.

3 points from this we (lancashire) has fred and jimmy playing so its no suprise we bowled so well, Everyone knows Tresco and langer are 2 of the best county players around and would both be in there international teams f they hadnt retired and De Bruyn isnt as good as McKenzie! he has batted well,, but with McKenzie in the team you may not have performed so poorly in the first innings

Last edited:
3 points.

No matter who you have bowling, scores under 150 are just ridiculous. Durham have a lot of quality players too and so it's no excuse to use the opposition as a scape goat. There are better bowlers then Anderson and Flintoff in the county scene.

That's why I said they are among the greatest players in the country at the moment. Just pure quality batsmen.

de Bruyn may not be as talented, but he has already shown us that he can do as good a job as McKenzie. I highly doubt that McKenzie would have made a slight bit of difference to our 1st innings total. If de Bruyn can carry on like he did this match then he will be a better replacement than McKenzie!

Let's not go getting silly, de Bruyn is a decent batsman but he's not as good as McKenzie, with the bat in hand.

Regarding the low score, it was due to the pitch being wet, even county batsmen can struggle if the pitch is poor, so there's no need to make a big deal out of it.

I have even said de Bruyn isn't as talented as McKenzie, but it's scores that count. I am saying that if de Bruyn continues to score big this season he will have been better than what McKenzie did, and therefore a good replacement.

Yes a wet pitch it may have been, but still you should never score under 150. These are professionals who have just scored 650 odd on a pitch just 3 days older. It was a poor showing no matter what the pitch, and the lower order batsmen getting 30's in the 1st innings showed how badly the batsmen did...

So you're basically saying that no matter what the pitch is like, simply because it's the first day the batsmen should be scoring plenty of runs? That's unrealistic. It was under-prepared due to the rain, hence it playing better later on in the match. You're stupid if you think you can turn up on a pitch where the ball is swinging and doing all sorts off the seam, yet still muster up 400 or so.

So you're basically saying that no matter what the pitch is like, simply because it's the first day the batsmen should be scoring plenty of runs? That's unrealistic. It was under-prepared due to the rain, hence it playing better later on in the match. You're stupid if you think you can turn up on a pitch where the ball is swinging and doing all sorts off the seam, yet still muster up 400 or so.

Where did I say plenty runs? I said that you should never score under 150 at the level these guys are playing at. I never once said they should've scored 300 or even 400, just not under 150. They showed that the batsmen should've done better by 8 and 9 scoring high 30 scores.

Users who are viewing this thread