LV County Championship 2008

This Darren Pattinson is a class bowler. Any Aussies know much about him?

Collymore finally had a good day with the ball, he dismissed all 4 top scorers in Notts innings.

4-47, very good, hopefully we can see more of him. We are effectively 96-2, get a lead of 350 tomorrow and we have a great chance of picking up a win.

We beat Notts by 73 runs. Figures of 8-107 for Collymore, brilliant win vs the team top of the table, away from home as well!

We're playing Essex, who would go above us if they beat us and they have a game in hand. Doesn't look likely though, low scoring in the first innings, Masters with 6fer against us (new he would do it gainst his old side!) and then Malik took 6fer too, so you would think it's low scoring, but Nixon hits big runs again to go with his 50 and Ackerman makes another 100 :D Got past 400 and looks like we could be on for a win if the weather stays good, think Nixons goiing to get to 100 and declare. Nixon averaging in the 70s and Ackerman in the 60's this year :D

We beat Notts by 73 runs. Figures of 8-107 for Collymore, brilliant win vs the team top of the table, away from home as well!

yea 8 for 107, good figures by Collymore. I was expecting that from him from the beginning but I guess it took him a little while to get into his groove.

Kent lost to Somerset today, despite a career best for Joe Denly (149) who shared a decent last wicket stand with Martin Saggers after Steffan Jones took 4 wickets for 2 runs. Kent threw the match away and this very well could be the last time Saggers is seen in a Kent shirt if Amjad Khan manages to stay fit (He took 7 wickets in a day in a reserve match earlier in the week as he continues his long road to recovery). Most worrying thing about the match at Tunbridge Wells was the sheer number of LBW's given (to both sides). Seen the finger go up a bit too keenly a few times this season now.

Leicestershire came soooooooo close today!!! Foster batted well, got 88* but it was David Masters against his old side doing it again, 5 off 87!!! and Palladino making 2 off 57!!! Grr oh well still in a promotion place with a game in hand (although Essex had 2 so we really needed to beat them)

Bowled out for 214 by Durham, Durham 10-3 at close, Collymore with 2 and Lewry with 1 wicket. Collymore had figures of 4-4-0-2 at one point! He batted for 44 balls too! He's done well for us so far, 11 wickets in the CC. (inc today)

Another 4 wickets for Simon Jones against Essex. Awful performance from Essex with the bat, did well to skittle Worcestershire out for 176, but then to be bowled out for 116 with Extras being the joint top scorer alongside Ten Doeschate they deserve to be beaten. Worcestershire are now 50-0, so not looking good for Essex, need to pull something out of the bag.

Saw the highlights of Durham's bowling performance yesterday and Harmison was bowling something quick. Yardy left a straight one from around the wicket and the off-stump went cartwheeling miles. Some ex England bowlers really hitting form at the moment, Flintoff, Hoggard (before injuries), Harmison and Simon Jones, some good competition for places. Maybe the Ashes 2005 pace attack may return after all :D

Mal Loye out for a duck! getting a bit sick of this, please god drop him! his form is so poor this season, if he gets 10 runs acorss both his innings its a suprise! hes been a great player for us, and im sure he will be again, but right now he souldnt be getting anyware near the 1st team

Mal Loye out for a duck! getting a bit sick of this, please god drop him! his form is so poor this season, if he gets 10 runs acorss both his innings its a suprise! hes been a great player for us, and im sure he will be again, but right now he souldnt be getting anyware near the 1st team

I tell you what, I think Mal Is the biggest flop of the season.

All the hype was on him this year after his amazing season last year, but It seems the pressure has got to him!

:eek:

Blackwell & Langer both nailing centuries today which is brilliant. We're slightly ahead of Surrrey with 6 wickets in hand and the two above unbeaten on a partnership of 200. We need to push on quickly as we're going to need some time to bowl Surrey out again.

Bit of a mammoth train journey for me yesterday. After day 1 of Hampshire Cricket vs Kent CCC was abandoned without a ball being bowled, despite the fact that it hadn't rained all day. I decided to pop down for day 2. When I say Pop, I mean a train journey that ended up taking 4 1/2 hours. Got there a bit late due to accidentally getting on a stopping service to Basingstoke rather than an express, but when I arrived an hour late I was surprised to see play hadn't started as it still hadn't rained. Eventually the game got going and 80 overs were possible. Hants putting Kent into bat. Hants made a decent start, Denly going for a duck. Then Tredwell was trapped LBW by Tomlinson for 15. Still not totally sure about Tredders batting at 3, he has talent with the bat no doubt and should be further up the order than his usual 10th but 3 may be a bit too high. After lunch (Yes, they took lunch despite having only got going at 12:30, you gotta love how cricket treats the spectators sometimes!) Rob Key was caught in the slips for 21 and Kent looked in trouble at 44-3 and with 2 new batsmen at the crease, Martin van Jaarsveld and Darren Stevens. But luckily for Kent the life in the wicket seemed to die away a bit and both players passed 100, Stevens making 127 before being caught by Burrows. Martin van Jaarsveld was 103 not out at close of play. The match provided a rare opportunity for me to see both of Hampshire's sick note bowlers as both Tremlett and Shane Bond started. interesting decision by Hant's captain, Dimi Mascarenhas, not to bring Bond back into the attack once Stevens eventually fell, but there you go. As I write this play on day 3 has again been delayed. Poor show for the Rose Bowl plc (as per usual), they are seriously going to need to improve the drainage there before they get test status.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread