LV County Championship 2008

With the Sky issue with County highlights - Joe, it's very tough to do that logistically. They'd need a full OB for it to look any good. ATM there's about one camera at each ground, perhaps one at each end if lucky. Plus it takes a couple of days to rig and 12 hours to de-rig so you're looking at permanent set-ups and VT staff for every game - it ain't gonna happen. TBH we're lucky enough as we are with the cricket coverage, though the ECB should have forced Sky to show more CC games.

(I say we, I mean of course you lucky buggers who have Sky!)

Goodwin with a ton, as reliable as ever. Prior did well too, he and Goodwin put on 116. 330 is competitive, if not brilliant. Removed two wickets so far, one is the nightwatchman, Tomlinson.

Well, not a good day (again) for the mighty Lancashire.

I just hope my season ticket arrives soon seen as the first OD game is on Sunday! :eek:

With the Sky issue with County highlights - Joe, it's very tough to do that logistically. They'd need a full OB for it to look any good. ATM there's about one camera at each ground, perhaps one at each end if lucky. Plus it takes a couple of days to rig and 12 hours to de-rig so you're looking at permanent set-ups and VT staff for every game - it ain't gonna happen. TBH we're lucky enough as we are with the cricket coverage, though the ECB should have forced Sky to show more CC games.

(I say we, I mean of course you lucky buggers who have Sky!)

I'm more interested in some discussion and stuff, I'm not looking for a full on highlights show, just the best performances and stuff and then a bit of chat about the game, too show 2 hours of a cricket program a week can't be hard when they're putting out stuff like cricket AM and international netball on :p, it would just help people actually be able to relate to their local team and ofr people who only follow it casually to take an interest

Hey is anyone elses Leicestershire scorecard broke? Looks like i shot down a few of our bowler. Du Preez has been the best bowler in their domestic competition too. Krugers also averaging just 21 for 30+ wickets.

Our openers making up for a long tail, I told you Tom New was class all last year, player of the season and he's started brilliantly again, he does get out close to his 100 a lot though so hope he's gets past that this year, only 23 and has a solid enough average, he would be keeping too but i think he's given that up with Nixon here.

New gets 100 :) Leicestershire are going really well, must be a late Aprils fool joke or something. Lots of batsmen have made big scores so far which is good especially the ones in contention for a place in the side like Key, Trott, Shah and my favourite Patel from Notts even if he did only make 50.

I just hope my season ticket arrives soon seen as the first OD game is on Sunday! :eek:
Mine arrived yesterday, they're using the card format this year, electronic instead of vouchers. I think I'm going on Sunday.

Yeah, not a good two days for Lancashire, some expensive bowling figures in there from Mahmood, Keedy and Newby, although he got a couple of wickets. From the figures and the report, it looks like Flintoff bowled well without luck. Sutcliffe has carried on his poor form from last season but it looks like Horton is doing well. He was good last season, just gotta consolidate his place this season.

Doshi 2-2-0-1

Middle order batsman he got out and they conceded 300 odd, I take it he was injured some how?

Maybe it just favoured the seamers? Though given those figures he could/should have bowled more.

Ravi is having a good game for Essex: 3-39 and 150.

Jason and Ravi both hit fantastic knocks and Pettini should stay in a while longer. Ravi bowled brilliantly asewll, even middlebrook got 2-10! Nel bowled alright getting both the openers but hopefully we can get a few more runs and soon declare then have a real go at the Northamptonshire batsmen.

wtf is up with leicestershire
Shame New didn't go on to get a hundred but Ackerman gets 140, no one else apart from Boyce made any real runs but still got 400 and now picked up a couple of wickets, I can't even dream about it yet but we our first game!

Jason and Ravi both hit fantastic knocks and Pettini should stay in a while longer. Ravi bowled brilliantly asewll, even middlebrook got 2-10! Nel bowled alright getting both the openers but hopefully we can get a few more runs and soon declare then have a real go at the Northamptonshire batsmen.

Went and hit 80*(125) and surely sped up after my post. 503/5 dec is a great score and with Norhants at 38/4 already, it looks like it will be a good start to our season. Masters has 3-11 which is just scary thinking about and got 2 people out for ducks, before Ravi came in and got a wicket and has innings figures of 1-2 off 3 overs!

Brilliant game for us.

Worcstershire are doing well in the first game! Ton for Solanki and a 96* from Greame Hick. Stephen Moore a great match with 100 and a 50 and Davies also chipping in. Bowling was expensive but they all chipped in.

Users who are viewing this thread