making bowling faster and cpu batting better - help

anand99

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi I have read posts in the past talking about configs that will allow fast bowlers to swing the ball and also bowl much faster. I have also heard of configs that help CPU batting more realistic. These configs were both for test and ODI. Can someone point me to these config files so I can get and install them on my machine? Are there more than one of these config releases out there? If so which one is the best please help me. thanks.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
anand99

the config files for both test and ODI's were done by me. There are about 3 versions, the latest being the 29th Jan 2002.
You will find it in the miscellaneous section of the downloads page, under my real name, Phil Smith. Whether it is the best out there is not for me to decide !!

Regards

anand99

School Cricketer
Hi zimrahil

Thanks for your reply. I have two questions for you. Does your test and odi config update both batting and bowling or is there a separate config files for bowling. Also does this allow fast bowlers to swing the ball? I read something about that some time back that someone had figured out how to make the fast bowlers swing. Also does this make the fastbowlers bowl much faster?

Thanks.

Damp Pitch

Club Cricketer
Just use Zim's patches anand.

Patches that try to speed up the bowling and make
more swing "usually" cause strange things to happen
like lots of bys for example.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
yeh anand99

My patches does make the fast bowlers bowl quicker than the original configs. As damp pitch said, you can make the quickies bowl much faster, but you just end up with 4 byes given away every delivery. My settings have just about the highest permissable values without giving away extras all the time.
No one has got fast bowlers to swing the ball (to my knowledge) only extra seam movement.

However, please note that the cpu batsmen cannot cope with excessive pace or seam movement resulting in them posting low unrealistic totals

regards

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Phil do you know how to make the fielding better ?????????? by editing the config files.... That would make the game better becoz now tyhe fielder just waits for the ball to pass him and then he starts running.. I mean If we coulkd introduce diving during the fielding...

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
saptarshi
normally the fielders only dive etc when they are set to have either "slips" or "close in" type properties when using the field editor. You could set all fielders to these types, the downside being that any edges in the game only goes to fielders of "close in " or "slips" type, so you could edge the ball down to deep mid wicket etc which isn't realistic

However, I have had fielders of "normal" type field property that do dive and stop the ball occasionally. Using the BLC Editor, I set all my players to have "Excellent" agility rating. I find that it doesn't make an immediate massive difference, but it does help.........

Carter

School Cricketer
However, please note that the cpu batsmen cannot cope with excessive pace or seam movement resulting in them posting low unrealistic totals

regards

Yeah that might be whats happening to me, the after 10 overs from the quicks in a 50 over ODI they are normally about 0/15.

Only happened about the last 3 games though.

killerhomie

School Cricketer
Hey Zim, U have put in quite a few updates over the days. Could u specifically suggest which combination of updates would be perfect for the game. I guess i got a lil lost with so many configs!!! :D :P

Cheers Mate.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
killerhomie

in my opinion these are my best files available from BLC Online. All downloads use my real name (Phil Smith)

29th January 2002

ODI & Test Stroke patch - better & more varied shot selection by cpu. Timing of shot is crucial. Poor timing can lead to edges, or shots ballooning up into the air for easy catches
Fields (ODI & Test) - in tests, edges only go to WK, slips or gully/ point etc. Fasterflatter (but still realistic) throws from the outfield
ODI configs (50 overs only) - cpu will hopefully post more challenging totals

18th December 2001

5 day test variable conditions patch - changing conditons over each day of a 5 day test - new configs for each day need to be loaded prior to commencement of that day.

eg more spin as test progresses, batting harder on 5th day than 2nd etc

30th December 2001

CPU stoke patch - don't suggest you download the stroke patch , but there is a readme file which explains some of the things that I have changed in the game

However, as is always the case, I have updated the stroke patch, 5 day test variable conditions and the ODI configs, so give me your email address and I will try and send them to you asap

regards

Edited By zimrahil on Mar. 10 2002 at 15:12

killerhomie

School Cricketer
Hey thanx a ton mate.
If the files are the same as they are in the downloads section, im sure that i have them all.

Nevertheless, i would request u to send the same on [email protected], if it aint too cumbersome.

Thanx again.

Cheers.

Lou Vincent

School Cricketer
Hey Zimrahil, I've just started using your patches after playing the whole 92/93 test season on test level and getting NZ to #1 with 90% win rate (1 loss, 1 tie believe it or not). The CPU could rarely score over 100 against me, and I could rarely score over 150 against it.

I find your patches brought a renewed interest to the game for me. I think the strokes patch is great, with shots that can go behind the slips for 4 - very real. I have just been using the 5 day configs which is a great idea, however I got these results: Aus: 275, NZ: 217, Aus: 268, NZ: 93. I noticed the batting between day 2 and 3 went from good to terrible, yet it didn't affect Australia who batted on day 1, 2 and 3 while I batted on days 2 and 3.

The day 2 batting was execellent - very realistic, especially mistimed shots, while Aus rarely mistimed a shot. I think the game would be great if they would slightly mistime shots not for an edge to be caught but just so we can see the effects of you great strokes patch. In the mean time I will try the general test patch.

With the ODI patch I've noticed when batting that if the batter isn't placed directly in front of the ball, he will miss most fast balls when driving at them. I don't mean to take anything away from your work here with these configs because you have made a vast improvement from the original game configs and have set a foundation for improvement from the original.

After some thought I have decided that the following things are some of the main points that would improve the game from it's *ORIGINAL* configuration.

*Slow down fast/dusty outfields a bit
*speed up normal outfields a little
*make damp pitches better for batting (50 runs is currently a good team score on a damp pitch)
*change CPU shot selection
*CPU timing is too perfect - change it not so CPU gets out easy, but is less perfect in timing
*speed up fielders running & throwing & improve fielding if possible
*edit strokes to make them more realistic
*timing should be crucial for scoring shots but not so much for staying in - what I mean is that you can hit it for 4 but if you are out by some 100ths' of a second you will be out
*increase bowling speed a little (bounce height may have to be changed also to adjust)

I know that people out there know how to change these settings. Can you help out those of us who also wish to make patches? Someone could write a guide to editing BLC99/SWC99.

U

UnderTaker

I 've and is still trying on the config files for a long time. And has found something which changes the way the game BLC plays. Not all the settings are revealed to me. But i am trying to share those i know. The newbies to this forum and BLC/SWC can find this useful to enhance their game(as most of the experienced ones in this forum knows better about the config files). And i am defining only what i know. the rest are left as 'i dont know'. Some who knows about them can provide help. Also if some thing i posted is wrong, then dont hesitate to point them out.
Some of the config files are these. Detailed discription follows.

camera.cfg - about different camera angles
compbat.cfg - about how computer bats(only ODI)[tcompbat for tests]
internat.cfg - about the difficulties affecting the player (again only odi. tinternat for tests)
[internat is for the 'test' level difficulty setting. please note that the values are same for county.cfg['county' level diffclty] and village.cfg['village' level difficlty].
fast.cfg - about how the cpu fast bowler bowl in different pitches
swing.cfg - same as above about swing bowlers
legspin.cfg - legspin bowler
offspin.cfg - offspin bowler
testseas.fix - about the fixture of the test season

use stroke editor and field editor for changing the strokes and fields. can be found in the download section.

Camera.cfg
----------

StaticCam 0 :Reverse Camera
Position x y z : the position of the camera by specifying the x,y,z coordinates.
Target x y z :target
Focus 1876.000000 : zooms in and out.lesser value to zoom out and higher value to zoom in.
End

StaticCam 1 :Blimp camera
StaticCam 2 :Side 1
StaticCam 3 :i dont know
StaticCam 4 :Default
StaticCam 5 :Helmet Cam
StaticCam 6 :Stump Cam
StaticCam 7 :i dont know
StaticCam 8 :Slips
StaticCam 9 :Side 2
StaticCam 10 :Batsman 1
StaticCam 11 :Bastman 2
StaticCam 12 :Umpire Cam
StaticCam 13 :i dont know
StaticCam 14 :Boundary Cam
StaticCam 15 :i dont know

I could not figure out about the action, bowler and aerial cams. You can change the values of these cameras to view the game at your desired angle.

internat.cfg
------------

; Batting Config

; CPU Batting Settings

CpuDiffAffectPos 0
CpuMaxPosAdjust 38464

; Virtual Bat Settings

DiffAffectVBatSize 0
VBatSize 32768 : The higher the value the better to middle the ball

; Sroke Difficuly : change these values to make ur batsman play better.
for better play:
DiffBias 32536 : lesser value
ScoreBias 4200 : lesser value
StokeDiffBias 18136 : lesser value
FacedBias 27052
StyleBias 10408
OrderBias 30732
RandomBias 4740
EdgeDifficulty 2244 : lesser value
EdgeStroke 848 : lesser value
EdgeAverage 16640 : lesser value
EdgeOrder 0
EdgeBias 848 : lesser value

; Stroke Timing : again the same about timimg
for better play:
DiffAffectTime 0 :
TimeStart 34516 :higher value
TimeEnd 0 :
DiffAffectIdeal 0 :higher value
IdealWindow 10048 :higher value

; Batsman Position Adjust :batsmen adjusts his position to the pitch of the ball

DiffAffectPos 0
MaxPosAdjust 23168 :higher value to adjust more

; Ball Trajectory Adjust : batsmen adjusts to the trajectory(bounce) of the ball

DiffAffectTraj 0
MaxTrajAdjust 3072 :higher value to adjust more

;
; Cricket98 CPU Stroke Selection Config : i dont know more- but determines how the cpu bats
;
CpuStumpRelPos 30584
CpuBatsmanRelPos 44564
CpuPitched 61168
CpuContactY 61168
CpuContactX 23156
CpuRandom 8300
CpuHistory 36264
CpuBatsmanStyle 30584
CpuDifficulty 53304
CpuBatsmanStyle2 23156
CpuFaced 10048
CpuBattingDefensive 3496
CpuBattingTypeMatch 9176
CpuRequest 54176
CpuReward 57672
;
; Cricket98 Bowling Config : determines how the cpu bowls
;
;
; Bowling Cursor Size : the size of the bowling cursor. 0 means no cursor! higher value for big cursor
;
CursorSizeMin 200
CursorSizeMax 200
;
; Bowling Cursor Acceleration : acceleration of the bowling cursor when u bowl. lesser value to slow down
;
CursorAccelMin 36264
CursorAccelMax 64224
;
; Fast Bowler : Dont know much about the rest :)
;
Fast 51992
Normal 48060
Slow 13980
Boost 18352
;
; Swing Bowler
;
SwingQuick 28536
SwingNormal 17912
Swing 13980
SwingBoost 12672
;
; Leg Spin Bowler
;
LegSpinFlipper 22284
LegSpinSpeed 8300
LegSpinBoost 16604
LegSpinDamp 35452
LegSpinGreen 16116
LegSpinNormal 25248
LegSpinHard 38140
LegSpinDusty 49420
;
; Off Spin Bowler
;
OffSpinArm 13108
OffSpinSpeed 8740
OffSpinBoost 18788
OffSpinDamp 34380
OffSpinGreen 4836
OffSpinNormal 14504
OffSpinHard 30620
OffSpinDusty 41364
;
; Weather & Pitch Condition
;
BallSeamDamp 3496
BallSeamGreen 10924
BallSeamNormal 2184
BallSeamHard 0
BallSeamDusty 0
BallSwingSunny 10484
BallSwingCloudy 33204
BallSwingOvercast 47624
BallSwingGrey 41068
BallSwingNightD 39760
BallSwingNightL 29708
End

fast.cfg (same settings for swing.cfg, offspin.cfg & legspin.cfg)
--------

; Ball Conditions (Fast)

Condition 0 : Damp pitch
RestitutionXZ 52317 :speed of the outfield. lesser value to for slow outfields
RestitutionY -23586 :bounce of the outfield. lesser value for low bounce
RollingResistance 64697 : determines the resistance applied by the outfield. lesser value means the lesser resistance.ie, not much effect in the balls acceleration towards the fence.
WicketRestitutionXZ 49309: speed of the ball after pitching(inthe pitch).lesser value means slow pitch.
WicketRestitutionY -32407 : bounce off the pitch after the ball pitching.lesser value for low bounce
WicketRollingResistance 58733 : resistance of the pitch. lesser value for more resistance
Gravity -7140 : affects the gravitational force.
End
Condition 1 :Green Pitch
Condition 2 :Normal
Condition 3 :Hard
Condition 4 :Dusty

testseas.fix
------------

1992/93-leave alone.dont change the year
IND,ENG,4,Feb-Mar
team1(home team),team2(visiting team),no. of test to be played,Month

plz note the codes for each team. the codes must be specified for the teams.

AUS-australia
ENG-england
IND-india
PAK-pakistan
SAF-south africa
ZIM-zimbabwe
WIN-west indies
NZL-newzealand
SRL-srilanka

thanx. hope that this will help u.
UnderTaker

Users who are viewing this thread