Mar 13 - Canada v New Zealand

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have said it before, I'll say it again. The Kiwis have peaked at the right time. They have thrashed everyone, and if it wasn't for the events of Christchurch, they would have given the Aussies some hide-kicking.

This is going to be NZ's WC.

ferg512

International Coach
Yes but I'm just looking at our batting line up and the hitters we have, Mills and Southee at 10 and 11. Both could easily bat 8 and 9, I'm really stuggling to see where Franklin fits in now. We dont really need him, I never thought I'd say this but you may as well bring in Woodcock.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tell that to everyone who put us down as the flops of the tournament :p

Don't think bringing in Woodcock would be the best idea though. Franklin is a finisher. Basically he's done a reverse Oram. His problem this tournament is that they've played him in front of Styris when he should really be at 6 or 7.

ferg512

International Coach
I have said it before, I'll say it again. The Kiwis have peaked at the right time. They have thrashed everyone, and if it wasn't for the events of Christchurch, they would have given the Aussies some hide-kicking.

This is going to be NZ's WC.

Yeah, but who have we really beaten?? The minnows should be being bashed like this especially these Group A minnows who are pretty woeful. And I'm still rather sceptical about that Pakistan match. How do we know that was real? I mean if Akmal didn't drop those catches we wouldn't have won. I'd love to see us go further than the quarters but given we will most likely face India or South Africa its extremely unlikely.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Franklin should be at six, it's just that today with Williamson and Nathan McCullum he got bumped down. Styris is a number 4/5, so I have no idea why they're playing him at 6/7.

Assuming everyone's fit, Bennett, How and Woodcock should be no wear near the team ATM, therefore the final place is just out of Williamson and Franklin.

TBH I don't think it'll make that much of a difference, because I'd say both have similar batting and bowling abilities.

ferg512

International Coach
I would really like Williamson to have a bowl now, what is there to lose?? We've seen Franklin hes crap so give Williamson a go..

----------

Styris is a number 4/5, so I have no idea why they're playing him at 6/7.

I suppose they are thinking of him as a finisher maybe. He did do it pretty well against Australia that time in napier when I think he batted 7, but yeah I would rather see him in at 5.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just noticed Mills is injured, such a shame as looks like he was going great guns. Oram sure is proving his worth, definitely a shoe in for the rest of the tournament.

Harshshah

Club Captain
This overall was a good contest!! Nice little fight from Canada and brilliant McCullum and Taylor innings.

I am happy for Newzealand though. Topping the group :D

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Canada has the ability to play international cricket, if they gets right training. They should get to play more matches with top teams, so they can give fight in events like World Cup. ICC should look at this.

Congrats Ashish Bagai and nice innings from Jimmy Hansra too. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread