Mar 4 - New Zealand vs Zimbabwe

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Definitely. Our bowling attack lacks the ability to consistently take 10 wickets a game so I'd much rather have Oram in who can restrict the runs. This year, Oram has the second lowest economy rate behind Vettori (4.47 RPO) to go along with 8 wickets @ 18.00.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Zimbabwe may as well go back to playing 5 spinners, the seamers they have used have been smoked, their latest in Panyangara has been the worst of the bunch.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
What are our chances of three 10 wicket wins against the minnows?

I'd say they're pretty good, considering Canada's the only one left to walk over.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bennett is useful to have when playing the minnows because of the awkwardness of playing him. Against the better sides though I'd probably go for Oram, because he has much more experience. I'd say picking Bennett is the more aggressive option and can be useful depending on the wicket.

A good win though, annoyed that I wasn't home to watch it though.

ferg512

International Coach
What do you mean? Yes he got those wickets at 130/0 but that means his two wickets were top order wickets which in my books are worth more than easy tailender scalps.

Well Im saying that the game was really over, hes there to get those kind of wickets at the start of his spell, and he went at 9 an over.

Its crazy when you think about it, he bowled really well against Kenya and that was quality bowling I'm sure the same balls would have contained the Aussies ok. He was getting quite a bit of nip and swing. But then chuck him up against Australia and he bowls terribly, but then mentally playing Kenya and then Aus are two completely different things.

Good win for us, but still it wasn't against a great side and I can't really see us beating a test nation. Nice to see McCullum and Guptill playing well and not going out there and getting 20 quick runs then getting out.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Newzealand really dominate the weaker opponents like others do with them :p :rolleyes

Owzat

International Coach
Well after their performance against the Canadians,i was expecting a better fight in this match but ......

I'm annoyed with SEAN Ervine, he was set to come out of international retirement but has now gone "club over country" by not wanting to become an overseas player and therefore committed to Hampshire.

Shame they can't create a "rebel Zimbabwe" where those who are against what has happened and is happening in Zimbabwe play as a team outside of Zimbabwe.

Users who are viewing this thread