Mar 14 - Pakistan vs Zimbabwe

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Because you cant win matches from number 8th position. Number 8th batsman has nothing left to do in the match. He can't save it. Maybe once in a while, Pak got hammered against newzeland because they were short one bowler, Afridi didnt have the choice to try another one if one bowler is getting hammered.

Filling your line-up with batsmen doesn't solve the problem.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Ervine out, which is a shame. batted well in difficult conditions. Just have to hope the tail can hang around with Chigumbura. :)

----------

Good to see Wahab Riaz, back in the side. He's a good suport bowler for Gul. Razzaq's bowled much better today, in helpful conditions. :)

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
found this on facebook lolz

Heh, this Kamran guy must be the butt of all jokes in Pakistan. For his own sake he shouldn't bungle up again or he might get a rowdy welcome when he gets back home.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Regulation win, and good to see Shafiq show some form. More selection headaches. How do we fit him? I think KAkmal is going to open and hes going to take his place. Shehzad may have to drop out.

Surprised they didnt play Ajmal. :facepalm

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Regulation win, and good to see Shafiq show some form. More selection headaches. How do we fit him? I think KAkmal is going to open and hes going to take his place. Shehzad may have to drop out.

Surprised they didnt play Ajmal. :facepalm

Pakistan as usual in mess with their lineup in big tournaments. You can't attack with Rehman on the teams like Australia, India, South Africa plus Shehzad must be drop now, we have given him enough chance to show his "hidden" talent.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Pakistan as usual in mess with their lineup in big tournaments. You can't attack with Rehman on the teams like Australia, India, South Africa plus Shehzad must be drop now, we have given him enough chance to show his "hidden" talent.

Hafeez and Akmal to open. Shafiq at 1 down, and get Ajmal in instead of Rehman. And we have a very finely balanced team.

Right now Shehzad is a big gamble who has not paid off for 5 consecutive games, which is in a way dictating Rehman's selection as well as he can hold a bat. But if we get someone more solid like Shafiq in, then we can get Ajmal in, and still have Razzaq coming in at 8. My ideal line and their respective roles will be:

1. Hafeez (Anchor/Bowl Containment)
2. Akmal (hold catches/Aggression)
3. Shafiq (Anchor)
4. Younis (Anchor)
5. Misbah (Anchor)
6. Umar Akmal (Aggression)
7. Afridi (Slog/Wicket taking)
8. Razzaq (Slog/Containment)
9. Gul (Wicket taking)
10. Wahab (Wicket taking)
11. Ajmal (Wicket taking)

Through this combination we have 4 wicket taking bowlers in Afridi, Gul, Wahab and Ajmal, and two containment bowlers in Hafeez and Razzaq.

We have 4 players to provide stability, two aggressive players in Akmal brothers and two sloggers in Afridi and Razzaq.

Ideal combo in my opinion, Misbah and Hafeez have the ability to switch from anchor role to aggressive players if needed.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hafeez and Akmal to open. Shafiq at 1 down, and get Ajmal in instead of Rehman. And we have a very finely balanced team.

Right now Shehzad is a big gamble who has not paid off for 5 consecutive games, which is in a way dictating Rehman's selection as well as he can hold a bat. But if we get someone more solid like Shafiq in, then we can get Ajmal in, and still have Razzaq coming in at 8. My ideal line and their respective roles will be:

1. Hafeez (Anchor/Bowl Containment)
2. Akmal (hold catches/Aggression)
3. Shafiq (Anchor)
4. Younis (Anchor)
5. Misbah (Anchor)
6. Umar Akmal (Aggression)
7. Afridi (Slog/Wicket taking)
8. Razzaq (Slog/Containment)
9. Gul (Wicket taking)
10. Wahab (Wicket taking)
11. Ajmal (Wicket taking)

Through this combination we have 4 wicket taking bowlers in Afridi, Gul, Wahab and Ajmal, and two containment bowlers in Hafeez and Razzaq.

We have 4 players to provide stability, two aggressive players in Akmal brothers and two sloggers in Afridi and Razzaq.

Ideal combo in my opinion, Misbah and Hafeez have the ability to switch from anchor role to aggressive players if needed.

Razzaq at 8 is just a waste. Why not have him at No.4 or 5? He is much better against fast bowlers and in early situations can make games for Pakistan.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Razzaq at 8 is just a waste. Why not have him at No.4 or 5? He is much better against fast bowlers and in early situations can make games for Pakistan.

actually Razzaq at 8 gives comfort to the 7 batsman above him to play their natural game. and I don't see anyone getting shifted around to accommodate Razzaq... the thing with Razzaq is that he has only two gears. He either blocks everything or hit them for boundaries. So sending him up the order without a license to kill (which he can enjoy down below) he will either play a very slow innings or get out playing big shots...

so I think his place is perfect.... he can maybe switch with Afridi but no more....

A lot of us are not really understanding that Razzaq is being perfectly utilised and not even getting to play a single ball does not necessarily mean that he is not being used.

Remember..... Cricket is more won in the mind..... and the comfort of knowing that there is some firepower down below allows the batsman at top to play with more authority...

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
actually Razzaq at 8 gives comfort to the 7 batsman above him to play their natural game. and I don't see anyone getting shifted around to accommodate Razzaq... the thing with Razzaq is that he has only two gears. He either blocks everything or hit them for boundaries. So sending him up the order without a license to kill (which he can enjoy down below) he will either play a very slow innings or get out playing big shots...

so I think his place is perfect.... he can maybe switch with Afridi but no more....

A lot of us are not really understanding that Razzaq is being perfectly utilised and not even getting to play a single ball does not necessarily mean that he is not being used.

Remember..... Cricket is more won in the mind.....

Razzaq can be very lethal as a top order batsman because he will enjoy more overs of fielding restrictions plus he will have more time to settle and play a big innings. By using him at No.8 means nothing to me, its better to add a pure bowler rather a batsman at this position.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
[/COLOR]
Razzaq can be very lethal as a top order batsman because he will enjoy more overs of fielding restrictions plus he will have more time to settle and play a big innings. By using him at No.8 means nothing to me, its better to add a pure bowler rather a batsman at this position.

... so should we swap Ahmed Shehzad with Razzaq? or do you want to drop a batsman alltogether and get a new bowler in... if you think the later, then you really didn't understand what i said.

Users who are viewing this thread