Mar 26 - Sri Lanka v England (Quarter-Final 4)

How boring this QF is, like PAK-WI. :facepalm

Nonetheless, Awesome innings by Dilshan-Tharanga again. Upul Tharanaga proved he plays not just against minnows. :clap Very disappointing show by Swann & Co. :(

I am ashamed that I supported England. Go back and just play ashes with your so called rivals and do ████ in international cricket

this is over the second tharanga skelps his 100.

----------

I do feel a bit sorry for england. their combination of haplessness and determination brought the group stage to life. They didn't deserve to get sent packing like minnows.

Looks like Srilanka is the lucky team, a tough match against Australia was washed off. Australia were in a good postion.
They faced England in QF and now facing NZ in SF. Treat for them.

World Cup final = Asia Cup final
Asia Cup final was played in Lanka , won by India .
WC final is to be played India and won by .... :p

----------

Seeing as we allways win when I switch off, an England victory is now assured... you can thank me later...

Thank you sir :rolleyes :p

----------

And i really do hope Strauss resigns as captain !

Not sure who'd be the new captain. There's not many options, unless we bring Cook in to ODIs, which I actually would. Being a proper opener and all.

Terrible from England.

What's wrong with saying that? I was right. If we got both of them early we'd have had a great chance of winning.

It's good to see three subcontinental teams in the semi-finals. Now, I'd really want Sri Lanka to beat New Zealand and proceed to the last round. Then, for the first time in the history of the World Cup, we can have two Asian teams facing each other in the finals of the quadrennial showpiece. India will also get a chance to quell doubts about their might by mauling both the winners and runners up of the last tournament (considering we beat Pakistan, that is).

Last edited:
So Final may be India vs Srilanka. In recent time India won without Sachin, Shewak, Gambir, Zaheer. Only addition for srilanka is muralidharan. So India is real to chance to win world cup.

Finally a team has put England in it's place like most people would have expected India and SA to do. SL look really good and probably the best team to stop India although Pakistan might bit them to the punch.

Users who are viewing this thread