IPL Match 1: Deccan Charges Vs Kolkatta Knight Riders

I hope the stupid England selectors where watching, Owais Shah better be in the England T20 world cup squad.

Dada, what a comeback to captaincy! A win against the defending champions... Super job! As expected, the underdogs could again roar in this tournament too. Wonder if Modi has deliberately made it to make sure people expect the unexpected (now its not anymore unexpected)

I actually quite enjoyed watching this game, though what is it with Indian TV and adverts!!!!???? Seriously, ITV was hopping all over the place trying to cover them up.

Loved that pathetic shot Sharma (I think) played where he sort of hit a tennis shot. I have never seen such a pathetic shot in all my time playing and watching cricket, at any level. Chargers really bottled though

Is the commentary in England the same awful IPL propaganda style commentary?

I actually quite enjoyed watching this game, though what is it with Indian TV and adverts!!!!???? Seriously, ITV was hopping all over the place trying to cover them up.

Just something you're gonna have to get used to. You can't spell Indian TV without advertisement.

Felt like I was bloody well going insane. Must be a right pain to have that all the time

Is the commentary in England the same awful IPL propaganda style commentary?

I think it was. I was trying to explain cricket to my flatmates but they had more fun watching the cheerleaders and taking the piss out of the commentators.

Nothing wrong with the commentary this year. No DLF Maximums or Citi Moments of Success, nowhere near as farcical as last year's. The ITV studio 'pundits' were worse than anything from the Indian broadcast, the female presenter is just dire. The amount of advertisements was irritating though.

Just watched the highlights where all 8 captains come and sign the Spirit of cricket thing. Shastri tried as hard as possible to step up the hype and frenzy for the IPL (he almost shouted and cried to the audience "Come on guys, make this IPL a blockbuster please"). All players were called with mouth watering titles. "Captain Cool Dhoni", "The Boss Sachin Tendulkar", "The Dada of Kolkata, Saurav Ganguly" etc.:laugh:laugh

Just watched the highlights where all 8 captains come and sign the Spirit of cricket thing. Shastri tried as hard as possible to step up the hype and frenzy for the IPL (he almost shouted and cried to the audience "Come on guys, make this IPL a blockbuster please"). All players were called with mouth watering titles. "Captain Cool Dhoni", "The Boss Sachin Tendulkar", "The Dada of Kolkata, Saurav Ganguly" etc.:laugh:laugh

What really? I haven't seen this but if this is true its fliping hilarious and cheesy :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread