IPL Match 1: Deccan Charges Vs Kolkatta Knight Riders

I actually quite enjoyed watching this game, though what is it with Indian TV and adverts!!!!???? Seriously, ITV was hopping all over the place trying to cover them up.

Loved that pathetic shot Sharma (I think) played where he sort of hit a tennis shot. I have never seen such a pathetic shot in all my time playing and watching cricket, at any level. Chargers really bottled though

Yeah, what's the deal with watching an ad on the big screen inbetween balls. You could hear Andy Bichel and Robin Jackman laughing after it was shown. I'm sure it'd piss the players off hearing ads blearing through the speakers every ball and the crowd announcer counting down from 10 for some unknown reason every over.

I am super glad they decided to cast the games live on YouTube. Probably one of the few good things to come from the IPL. When KKR got to 0 for 2 I thought "here we go again". But great fightback from Shah and Mathews.

So good to see Gilchrist playing. Shows he's still got what it takes to compete even without playing competitive cricket between IPL seasons.

Gilly played some nice shots, but looked very very rusty. Struggled to find the middle. But if that's the worst he's going to play he's going to have a great tournament.

Nothing wrong with the commentary this year. No DLF Maximums or Citi Moments of Success, nowhere near as farcical as last year's. The ITV studio 'pundits' were worse than anything from the Indian broadcast, the female presenter is just dire. The amount of advertisements was irritating though.

I noticed that as well. I did not hear any DLF Maximums or Citi Moments! The advertisements are a real pain though. I don`t want Nestle trying to sell `Munch` to me on the giant screen of the stadium. I can imagine how irritating it`ll be for a batsmen out there or for that matter, the crowd! One of the main advantages of watching cricket in the stadium is that there are`nt those irritating adverts or stupid presenters in the studio ,whom you`ve to bear with.

Does anyone else in India feel like banging their heads against a wall watching the `Extraa Innings` pre and post match shows. The presenter at one point even said "This is the purest form of Cricketing entertainment at the moment" and listening to Siddhu`s verbal diarrhoea is nauseating. I can understand them trying to attract non-regular fans (females and casual cricket viewers) to the sport but talking crap such as this being the purest form of cricketing entertainment is rubbish. He then went on to add how RP Singh was in excellent form! A real pain.

The commentary was good yesterday. After a long time, Harsha Bhogle was at his best yesterday and did not sound hurried trying to make it sound exciting like last year. Sunny Gavaskar, for once was really balanced and so was Shastri. Jackman is a class act anyway and him not resorting to DLF Maximums was a welcome relief. However, I do expect the level of commentary to go down once we get to games being played at other venues. Once L Sivaramakrishnan, Danny Morrison, Russel Arnold and Co. enter the scene, you`ll see the commentary levels fall.

Gilly played some nice shots, but looked very very rusty. Struggled to find the middle. But if that's the worst he's going to play he's going to have a great tournament.
That may be so, but if he's making 50 in his first outing in 5 months.....

Carn Gilly.

Good work by KKR , I lost a bet from my friend that DC will win. We all underestimated them.

Really liked the TV overlay that was used for the first game between DC and KKR. Not like the usual boring TV overlays whenever an international game was played in India.

Users who are viewing this thread