Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India

08 April 2010
08:00PM(14:30GMT)
Bengaluru
Royal challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata knight riders at bengaluru

Match no:43 on the way..

Can Kolkata knight riders win this match and occupy the 4th place???

Last edited:
I guess KKR will be faced with a problem of plenty today. There are just too many quality cricketers to choose from! You have names like Murali Kartik, Shane Bond, Ishant Sharma, Iqbal Abdulla, Ajantha Mendis, Ishant Sharma, and Ashoke Dinda as your key bowlers and McCullam, Gayle, Hussey, Hodge, Ganguly, Laxmi Ratan, Pujara, Angelo Matthews, and Wriddhiman Saha as your key batsmen. Almost all of them have good performances under their belt to strengthen their claims for a spot in the main eleven. Whom will you drop and whom will you play?

I, for one, would go with Gayle, McCullam, Bond, and Mendis as our four foreigners. Will be harsh on Matthews, but there's no other way out. KKR's bowling department is the main area of concern, and we can't possibly afford to make any compromises to our already weak bowling lineup by resting either of Bond and Mendis (who was phenomenal in the last match) and playing Matthews. Neither can we fit him in the team as a batsman, as both Gayle and McCullam need to play.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

rocky_pratik said:
^^ I think they will continue with the last match team

Don't think so. Ganguly has confirmed in an interview today that he is contemplating some changes to the side of the last match.

There will be two changes in my view
.BOND will come in for mendis(Seein the green pitch in banglore)
and KARTIK will come in for Abdullah(If fit)

P.S: Does anyone remember what happened last team these teams met here?
BRENDAN McCullum - we want an encore(or something like that:p)

I, for one, would go with Gayle, McCullam, Bond, and Mendis as our four foreigners. Will be harsh on Matthews, but there's no other way out. KKR's bowling department is the main area of concern, and we can't possibly afford to make any compromises to our already weak bowling lineup by resting either of Bond and Mendis (who was phenomenal in the last match) and playing Matthews. Neither can we fit him in the team as a batsman, as both Gayle and McCullam need to play.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Don't think so. Ganguly has confirmed in an interview today that he is contemplating some changes to the side of the last match.

Don't think KKR will drop Mathews..IMO they should bring in Bond for McCullum.

Then Line up -

Ganguly
Gayle
Tiwary
Mathews
Pujara
Wriddhi
Karthik
Agarkar
Mendis
Bond
Dinda

Or if they drop Mathews then line up-

Ganguly
Gayle
McCullum
Tiwary
Lakhi
Pujara
Wriddhi
Karthik
Mendis
Bond
Dinda

Last edited:
RCB have to win this game at any cost. Kumble needs to have full of energy to take crucial wickets against Dada and Co.

Dravid needs to sit out, Van der Merwe should be in and Virat Kohli should come at no.3. Taylor, Kallis, Van der Merwe and Pietersen will be good combination. White has to give way for Pietersen. :)

Don't think KKR will drop Mathews..IMO they should bring in Bond for McCullum.
Have you seen McCullums T20 stats? he has 3 centuries , and you say drop him? You cannot drop someone who has just scored a t20 100 against Australia. He should be opening.

Sriram ahead of Pandey is a horrid decision. Considering Pandey has done well as the aggressor while Kallis has played the anchor. Playing Sriram, who is more of an anchor, is just putting unneccessary pressure on Kallis.

And, Kallis goes. And, they send in Dravid. Wow.

Edit: Well, Dravid seems to be finding his shots today. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread