IPL 22 Apr - Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore

People were waiting for thunderstorms and rain, but the Gayle storm came completely unexpected and washed away KKR's team.

Gayle storm is back in IPL, with a sensational century. I never knew he would be back in form, after poor run in World Cup 2011. He was at his best today, Dilshan and Kohli supported him well too. :cheers Mallya must be a very happy person at this moment. :D

Gambhir's captaincy is once again in question, :facepalm he should have given ball to Abdullah before 6 overs. He kept giving ball to Yusuf and afterwards even Manoj Tiwary. :lol First big mistake was excluding Lee and Bisla. Haddin should come in, but not for Lee, they could exclude Morgan then. It was a big blunder. :facepalm Anyways, though I am KKR-hater, I felt bad for Gambhir-Kallis today.

You guys understand Abdulla is a left arm spinner? And, Gayle is a left handed batsman, who at that point was going berserk. Gambhir or for that matter no other captain couldn't have done any more when one person takes away the game like that. Just appreciate Gayle instead of criticizing others.

Today, there is no question of but or if and all ........ even if we would have scored 200, Gayle would have cracked that. It was simply not our day. 171 is definately not a bad score, but Gayle today really played with some vengeance on his mind.

Gayle played a similar sort of knock in the Australian T20 competition, IIRC the day after he didn't pick up an IPL contract, he probably more than anything just wanted to give the big middle finger to the West Indies selectors.

Gayle played a similar sort of knock in the Australian T20 competition, IIRC the day after he didn't pick up an IPL contract, he probably more than anything just wanted to give the big middle finger to the West Indies selectors.
Yeah, I remember that knock. Was watching the Big Bash, the commentators were talking all about that. Him not getting an IPL contract that is.

I was actually quite surprised about the fact that none of the owners showed interest in buying him. Well, I agree he is inconsistent but in t20 format, he is just too good to not being picked by any of the owners.

Not just Windian selectors, also to KKR management ;) :p.

Today, there is no question of but or if and all ........ even if we would have scored 200, Gayle would have cracked that. It was simply not our day. 171 is definately not a bad score, but Gayle today really played with some vengeance on his mind.

I Agree Completely,, I was There at the stadium and those sixes was ENORMOUS... 104m are something
And even if we had 200 we wouldnt have been able to win ,He was in toru form, @RCB fans : Dont get too excited, He played just one knock for us in 3 years,
And regarding Not playing Lee , Look at the way Zak got wacked Binga would have gone for more

And certainly All is not lost for us, We are still a good Team

I was actually quite surprised about the fact that none of the owners showed interest in buying him. Well, I agree he is inconsistent but in t20 format, he is just too good to not being picked by any of the owners.

Franchisees are not mad in not buying Gayle in the auction. They actually thought WICB will take Gayle in their ODI series against Pakistan during IPL, so why to waste money on such a player who can play only 2 matches. :rolleyes

Eventually, WICB excluded Gayle from WI team :lol So Mallya took the best chance to get him :thumbs and he got the worth in the very 1st match :clap

Users who are viewing this thread