IPL Match 43: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight riders at Bengaluru

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
RCB won. Bond should have played instead of Mendis. Dale Steyn hit 155 kph today and Bond could have done the same on this fast pitch.

King Cricket

International Coach
Again we pay the price of our ordinary bowling and poor fielding. :facepalm

Bond should really have played. He is lightyears better than Ishant and Agarkar, and as Iram has mentioned, could have been as economical as Dale Steyn on this track.
Technically, we still have a slight chance of making it to the semi-finals, if we win all our remaining matches. But I don't think that's possible with such an inconsistent side whose performance graphs fluctuate every day.

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Agree with 1iram1

Funknath added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Again we pay the price of our ordinary bowling and poor fielding. :facepalm

Bond should really have played. He is lightyears better than Ishant and Agarkar, and as Iram has mentioned, could have been as economical as Dale Steyn on this track.
Technically, we still have a slight chance of making it to the semi-finals, if we win all our remaining matches. But I don't think that's possible with such an inconsistent side whose performance graphs fluctuate every day.

We may win as I heard this IPL thing is scripted :spy and according to the script we are to reach the finals :spy

Gurjot95

National Board President
KKR bowling situation is just like KXI. When key bowlers are proved costly continously they are dropped, then new bowlers are included but they also go costly and then again they bring back key bowlers but they go more costly than new bowlers and the outcome comes is young and unexperienced bowlers gives less runs than experienced bowlers but they both proves costly :laugh

Take a case of Bond, Ishant and Lee.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Guys, accept that Bangalore boys batted well. KKR were pretty good in the field I think.

King Cricket

International Coach
The blunder was made in the first auction itself, where we shelled out a hell of money to buy players like Ajit Agarkar and Ishant Sharma who never were and never will be good T-20 cricketers. Now we are paying the price!

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

User2010 said:
Guys, accept that Bangalore boys batted well. KKR were pretty good in the field I think.

Given the amount of catches we dropped, I can't really say that we were good in the field. Only Pujara gave his 100 percent while fielding and hats off to him for doing it. Others were crap as usual.

Last edited:

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
The blunder was made in the first auction itself, where we shelled out a hell of money to buy players like Ajit Agarkar and Ishant Sharma who never were and never will be good T-20 cricketers. Now we are paying the price!

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Given the amount of catches we dropped, I can't really say that we were good in the field. Only Pujara gave his 100 percent while fielding and hats off to him for doing it. Others were crap as usual.

In all honesty, Manoj Tiwary has fielded very well. Kolkata's best fielder this tournament imo.

Good stuff from Uthappa and Dravid though. Nice to see the local boys doing it for the team.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Take that Dravid doubters. He can play just fine in T20s. He just hasn't been given the chances. He is not that defensive by choice. He just happens to be very good at it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Uthappa is brilliant! Sad that he couldnt get into the T20 squad for the WC. I have always been wanting Uthappa and Irfan in the side, but the selectors have lost faith in both at the wrong time.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Went to watch this match in theaters at Big Cinemas (owned by Reliance) in Chicago. Was simply incredible to watch it on the huge screen, felt like you were actually there. Dravid's innings was spectacular, I enjoyed every single shot. Finally he was given a chance up the order and man, he really put KKR to the sword. And what about Uthappa - that guy is turning out to be a beast in this IPL and looks real confident. I want him fast tracked back into the Indian side ASAP. Jumbo was fantastic, as usual. Am really impressed with his captaincy.

How good does your team have to be if you have to sideline KP and the huge domestic talent that is Manish Pandey. Things are looking real bright for Bangalore.

Users who are viewing this thread