Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

I call it James tweaking Tredwell syndrome because it is always he who does it to me when I'm bowling.

Had A Beautiful ODI Match:
AI Difficulty: Veteran
Batting Difficulty: Hard, Bowling Difficulty: Hard
India (Me) V/S Australia (AI)
Desktop 01.22.2017 - 17.53.28.01.png
Desktop 01.22.2017 - 17.53.36.02.png
Desktop 01.22.2017 - 17.53.43.03.png
Desktop 01.22.2017 - 17.53.57.05.png
Desktop 01.22.2017 - 17.53.54.04.png
Desktop 01.22.2017 - 17.53.36.02.png

Had A Beautiful ODI Match:
AI Difficulty: Veteran
Batting Difficulty: Hard, Bowling Difficulty: Hard
India (Me) V/S Australia (AI)
View attachment 180579 View attachment 180578 View attachment 180577 View attachment 180575 View attachment 180576 View attachment 180578

How did you get AI to score that many in an odi? Most of the times AI starts off as a freight train and then get stuck in the middle and/or towards the end of the innings and ends up with a par or below par score.

How did you get AI to score that many in an odi? Most of the times AI starts off as a freight train and then get stuck in the middle and/or towards the end of the innings and ends up with a par or below par score.
Too many full tosses in middle overs I think!

Reactions: DAP
That's pretty good discipline with the bat (You stated you were India) did you always attack or did you have periods were you had to sit and wait.
I initially attacked, I lost many wickets but I quit before the wicket got saved... Then I played steadily in the middle overs, and increased my tempo in the end in vain..

ABD is definitely in great form in game, he just smacked India for 200 as AI!

hi i just purchased dbc 2017.i want to get real players with real names.but there is no option get best which shows in you tube videos.i am playing offline .please suggest

hi i just purchased dbc 2017.i want to get real players with real names.but there is no option get best which shows in you tube videos.i am playing offline .please suggest
What version? and please post in general thread - this is a thread about your EXPERIENCES while playing.

Had a cracker, lost again but it doesn't matter. See for yourself :) (This time I avoided saving and exiting the game to reverse a dismissal to make it more realistic and it made me feel stupid :) )
01.25.2017 - 01.11.51.02.png
01.25.2017 - 01.11.53.03.png
01.25.2017 - 01.12.00.05.png
01.25.2017 - 01.12.05.06.png
01.25.2017 - 01.12.09.07.png

Finally got patch 3 and having a little play on PS4. Doing a 50 over game as Vic vs NSW. So far batted just 25 overs.

Pros:

- You get the odd great moment like a ripping outswinger that you played the right shot to but were just beaten.
- Played a leg glance off a 150 km/h Pat Cummings ball and there was a leading edge that went for four through point. This is real cricket, love it.
- Playing at North Sydney Oval and whoever made it did a great job. Love having the sparse crowd too.
- Love the ease of downloading teams that already have their proper kits, logos, bats etc.
- The cover and mid wicket regions are open
- I love being able to drop and run quick singles
- The graphics are generally very good. Some players like Maxwell, White, Bollinger are very well done. Others like Smith suffer from blondes looking like redheads.
- I like the projected run rates.
- Being able to select a uniform makes a welcomed return.
- The autosave after every over and ability to quit without saving and reload is a godsend given there are a fair few glitch wickets.

Cons:

- The AI fielding is just bizarre. Sometimes they sprint in and throw a laser at the stumps and sometimes they throw the ball so high it would hit the roof of Etihad stadium.
- There are some unhittable parts of the field such as mid on on the ground. O'Keefe the spinner was bowling and they had mid on back. In DBC14 and in real life I would look for easy singles down there but this is impossible. You either hit the ball straight or to a squarish midwicket, or attempt this bizarre pull
- As I have mentioned in other threads, the game should never play a pull shot animation when the user has tried a front foot shot to a full ball.
- Running between the wickets has lots of issues. Batsmen dive over the line, not to it. Often they don't slide the bat despite sprinting. Speed seems weird. Sometimes one batsman runs and the other doesn't. Luckily the AI fielders are generally pretty poor and don't capitalise on it.
- Had a ball dropped at the infield at mid wicket. Managed to run two because the fielder took so long acting disappointed
- Logos on the uniform still very fuzzy
- Had a superman caught and bowled off a pace bowler but also had bowlers just let the ball go past them without an attempt at stopping it.
- Overall, there just isn't enough of a smooth transition between one shot and another. I am all for having people train and get better, and I watched the videos that someone posted about playing the leg glance and that helped, but you still have situations where a fraction of a degree drastically changes your shot.
- Had a runout that simply wasn't out. Thankfully you can easily quit and reload these days.

Overall, I'm having fun but I feel like part of me is really trying to have fun. I lost three wickets early and was on a comeback trail. That's a stressful situation in real cricket, but I often felt like my stress was more at the gameplay mechanics as there are unhittable parts of the field and shots that are so dangerous I hesitate to even try.

- Overall, there just isn't enough of a smooth transition between one shot and another. But you still have situations where a fraction of a degree drastically changes your shot.
Great shout IMO! Sometimes its like where the hell did you come from?... I feel as if that some of the shots like the backfoot and frontfoot drives would represent the perfect base for most shot directions anyway, I understand horizontal bat shots like the pullshot and square cut need there own unique animations because they are a fundamentally different shot, but imo they should require a unique set of input from the controller just to excasperate the difference. On the other hand the vertical bat shots like the frontfoot drives, backfoot drives, backfoot off the hip, frontfoot leg glance, should all be from standard input from controller, and once again those 4 shot types just described (Not the horizontal ones) should be the base shots that can play the ball to all 360 degrees of the field. (just with a few subtle tweaks *play it under batters eye or out in front of pad, or angle of the bat face etc etc etc)

So in short VERTICAL shot animations should be tweaked to allow access to all 360 degrees of the field, and HORIZONTAL shot animations should require alternative and/or extra input, this would make more sense IMO because horizontal bat shots are generally an attacking shot anyway.

Also just because I really really wanted to add this, it would be sooo nice to see the dab down to 3rd man come from the current backfoot drive and/or block animation by allowing the ball to be played right from under the batters eye with an angled bat... and because im busting at the seams to say it *squeak* but it would be awesome if there were 12 different coloured length indicators so they could "ya know" indicate whether its a full of a good length, or short of a good length... *sigh*... That feels better :)

Edit: @BigAntStudios @MattW @mikeymerren @Whoevercares!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread