Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Can anyone please advise me as to the point if I should go up a level to veteran as I am starting to pace my innings better and am scoring 300 and more quite frequently. I am just scared that I go to veteran and then gets bowled out for under 100. I haven't tried veteran so far, so I do not know how my play would be affected. Here is more results:
20141121_192944.jpg 20141122_001501.jpg 20141123_150512.jpg

Can anyone please advise me as to the point if I should go up a level to veteran as I am starting to pace my innings better and am scoring 300 and more quite frequently. I am just scared that I go to veteran and then gets bowled out for under 100. I haven't tried veteran so far, so I do not know how my play would be affected. Here is more results:
View attachment 134436 View attachment 134437 View attachment 134438

I play Pro on career and recently changed to Veteran on tours and casual, to my surprise, I play more fluently than I did on Pro and I manage the scores of 300+ an inning, try it, if it doesn't work out, you can always change back and it doesn't affect the difficulty on Pro

I play Pro on career and recently changed to Veteran on tours and casual, to my surprise, I play more fluently than I did on Pro and I manage the scores of 300+ an inning, try it, if it doesn't work out, you can always change back and it doesn't affect the difficulty on Pro
I must say that the 25+ matches that I have played in my current competition and batting for both teams have improved my batting 10 fold. Maybe I will give veteran a go for a few matches. I have actually just come to terms with batting well on pro level, but I am currently scoring tons of 50s and basically a 100 in every match. I just don't want my tournament to fall flat because I changed the level. But then on the other hand to score 370 every second match isn't realistic. It is still very tough to chase scores of 300+, because I fold badly under scoreboard pressure.

I must say that the 25+ matches that I have played in my current competition and batting for both teams have improved my batting 10 fold. Maybe I will give veteran a go for a few matches. I have actually just come to terms with batting well on pro level, but I am currently scoring tons of 50s and basically a 100 in every match. I just don't want my tournament to fall flat because I changed the level. But then on the other hand to score 370 every second match isn't realistic. It is still very tough to chase scores of 300+, because I fold badly under scoreboard pressure.

Just give it a try, you'll come later to thank my reply, lol

Playing a tour after a long time and made 200 all out with England and Great start by Warwickshire with opening partnership of 150 for no loss and going strong...:D

Just give it a try, you'll come later to thank my reply, lol
So last night I started a 50 over match on veteran. I found it really challenging and when I finished it was 100/9. I had a 44 run opening stand, but then when their 3 spinners came into the attack it was just lbw and bowleds. It felt really realistic though and wasn't easy to score runs. I would definitely play veteran when I play test matches, because veteran level gives you the idea of really having to work hard for your runs.

Logan Cup, Round 1, 1st Match: End of day 2.

Eagles all out for 275.

6tcTi4E.png

Mountaineers going strong in their reply.

HWs5kyk.png

Stuey Matsikenyeri's wagon wheel:

yoTUoRE.png

@SpitfiresKent. It seems to be very realistic, I haven't really had time to play the longer version in tournament mode, but last night figured that it would be on veteran level as my provincial champs has made me quite accomplished on pro level. Veteran takes a hell of a lot of concentration though. I have also decided that if I play a tournament as big as I am currently playing it will be a once a year occurrence as it takes up a hell of a lot of time.

So the Multan Tigers winning streak continued against Dhaka Metropolis. Dhaka made a go of the mammoth total, but with batting at 7.5 per over comes the inevitable wickets every now and then.
20141124_180050.jpg 20141124_180039.jpg

I will post the scorecard of the Auckland Aces v Delhi match tomorrow. I had a go on veteran level and on the grassy, soft pristine wicket batting was difficult. Auckland are 100/9. It was real intense and difficult to score freely.

Had a great day playing the tour game with Western Warriors scoring a massive 518/8 dec....Playing on Legend as usual with HUD off...This was in reply to England posting 200, so Western Warriors have a massive lead of 318...Surely missed chances of centuries and a half century...Was very odd that they did not bowl the off spinner at all...Some dismissals were off batsman sliding across and one where the fielder slides a big distance to take a catch [very weird to watch]
IMG_1985.JPG

@fiction :Almost 6 to 7 dismissals were shown as C&B in the HUD...

Last edited:
So I chased down my first score on veteran level. It was only 131 but it was a very accomplished chase with Sehwag, Chand and Gambhir all contributing to an easy victory.
20141125_162918.jpg 20141125_173501.jpg 20141125_173448.jpg

So last night I started a 50 over match on veteran. I found it really challenging and when I finished it was 100/9. I had a 44 run opening stand, but then when their 3 spinners came into the attack it was just lbw and bowleds. It felt really realistic though and wasn't easy to score runs. I would definitely play veteran when I play test matches, because veteran level gives you the idea of really having to work hard for your runs.

Yeah, that's what I like about it, no easy runs...you earn your runs and its rewarding when that happens

Yeah, that's what I like about it, no easy runs...you earn your runs and its rewarding when that happens
True. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that you don't ever feel fluent in an innings. It will really be quite hard to bat through 50 overs if you want to go at 5 or 6 per over. I can definitely see it working in Test matches when you can afford to go at 3 per over. I also don't know if it's just me, but it seemed the AI bowl a lot more to their fields.

Had a great day playing the tour game with Western Warriors scoring a massive 518/8 dec....Playing on Legend as usual with HUD off...This was in reply to England posting 200, so Western Warriors have a massive lead of 318...Surely missed chances of centuries and a half century...Was very odd that they did not bowl the off spinner at all...Some dismissals were off batsman sliding across and one where the fielder slides a big distance to take a catch [very weird to watch]
View attachment 134548

@fiction :Almost 6 to 7 dismissals were shown as C&B in the HUD...
Are you using any old save? Delete old saves and see if you're still getting it.

Users who are viewing this thread