Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Hah. Loved that he takes the catch, then throws it at the stumps! Everyone hates Ian Healy, even in computer games.

Throwing at the stumps is my mistake. :D Didn't expect that I would manage to take that catch in slips & after taking it, did not realize that I should appeal. Moment I realized this, I pressed the throw button instead of appeal accidentally & then managed to press the upper arrow somehow.

Brilliant. It looked great, perfect that it was Ian Healy.

My full match highlights of India Vs Australia on this competition here, It turned out to be anyone's game till the very end. OMG, those last moments that I was fighting against Aussie bowlers - Can't write down in words, one of the best matches for me with DBC.

Though posting the video here, thought that it would be great if I can just write them as story too to record this team's journey. :)
DBC14: - Mid90s Flashback - Indian Team's Diary, Tour 1[Ind,WI,Pak,Aus] - Cricket Games Stories on PlanetCricket Forums

Did this one on PS3 so apologies for no pictures PC overlords.

Stunning run chase takes the day. (Game was watched by me but I never played for either side so it was 100 non-biased).

Note: These teams are XI's for FC matches however I'm watching them play in One Day matches to see how I feel about them. Most teams likely will consist of the same players however lineups may change. I intend on making 27 of these teams with legends in them for my newest career mode player and I think I'll let you guys know the XI's and how their intiation matches go for a laugh... sorry Biggsy this is about the 400th time you've probably seen me say this.

Difficulty: Legendary

Queensland Chargers vs New South Wales Bruzzys

NSW Bruzzys XI

D. Boon
D. Haynes
R. Dravid - Captain
B. Lara
S. Chanderpaul
M. Boucher - Wicketkeeper
I. Khan
K. Dev
S. Pollock
S. Warne
A. Kumble

QLD Chargers XI

G. Greenidge
J. Langer
S. Waugh - Captain
A. Border
M. Jayawardene
A. Gilchrist - Wicketkeeper
K. Miller (Australia's first ever badass All Rounder, eat your heart out Watto)
W. Akram
H. Singh
C. Ambrose
J. Anderson

----

Bruzzys Innings highlights

Boon makes an impressive 88 off 101 deliveries to lead the way.

Haynes fails with the bat making just 14 off 13 deliveries

Skipper Dravid plays a mature innings scoring 51 off 65 to lay the foundations for a big score.

Huge horror confronts the cricket ground and women and children faint across the globe as Lara recieves a ripper and hits a scorching hot Anderson delievery to Waugh at mid on to depart for a duck.

Chanderpaul has an exciting thrash scoring 44 off 31 balls.

Boucher uses his new technological eye implant to make a quickfire 37 off 31balls which finally comes undone by Anderson and rival keeper Gilchrist.

Khan guides the innings home with a smooth 26 off 20 balls. Bit of a sour note here as stump mics picked Khan telling Akram he'd reversed right into his mother and then went straight up her again.

Dev comes in with the crowd expecting a slog but comes off to boos after scoring only 9 off 7 balls.

Pollock plays a slightly conservative innings scoring 28 off 32 balls to end the innings with Khan.

Bruzzys score after 50 overs: 7/300 (Highest scorer: D. Boon w/ 88 from 101 cherries)

Bowling figures:

K. Miller: 10 Overs conceeding 62 runs for 1 wicket.
W. Akram: 10 Overs conceeding 63 runs for 1 wicket.
H. Singh: 10 Overs conceeding 54 runs for 2 wickets.
C. Ambrose: 10 Overs conceeding 53 runs. No wickets. (Most economical by a pin)
J. Anderson: 10 Overs conceeding 68 runs for 3 wickets. (Highest wicket taker of the innings)

----

Chargers innings highlights:

Greenidge fails with the bat been dismissed by Warnes bowling and Boons mitts on just 15.

Langer hangs his head in disgrace and prepares to cop it from Hoggey with a dismal 8 runs off 6 balls. Bowled Khan caught Warne.

Waugh plays a fast paced innings but falls one short from a half century. 49 off 43 balls.

Lara takes a ripper catch off Warnes bowling to ensure Border joins him in the ducks club.

Jayawardene knicks off to Boucher scoring just 16. Refuses to immediately walk telling Boucher "I'll just wait to see the replay since you're blind in one eye".

Gilchrist brings up a half century in the face of adversity. Falls for 52 off 50 a ball after taking Kumble down the ground to bring up said half century.

After not playing professional cricket for over 50 years Miller comes to the crease and plays reasonably with 24 off 22 deliveries. Leaves Watto shocked after not reviewing his dismissal.

Akram comes on and is brought undone by a beautiful slow Kumble delivery which grips into the pitch and knocks off the legside bail. Shakes his head as he walks off with the team been a dismal 7/160.

Singh walks in and plays an inspirational ninth wicket innings bringing up 48 off 50 balls. Recieves a slower ball bouncer from Pollock in the body which rebounds onto his stumps to end his innings.

Ambrose unleashes his inner chill West Indian persona and brings up 43 off 45 balls to bring the game home for the Chargers. Featured strongly with Singh and played a supporting role in the last wicket partnership with Anderson.

Anderson comes out to the crease with nothing to fear after breaking the heart of Michael Clarke in the latest Ashes series. Defies all known Anderson logic and smashes a game winnings 33 off 21 deliveries and played the main part in a 53 run game winning last wicket partnership with Curtley Ambrose.

Chargers score after 48.2 overs: 9/303 (Highest scorer: A. Gilchrist with 52 off 50 balls)

Bowling figures:

I. Khan bowled 10 Overs conceeding 49 runs for 3 wickets. {Dual best bowler}
K. Dev bowled 10 Overs conceeding 86 runs. (Worst figures of the match. Was beaten later that night by a lynch mob led by Dravid.)
S. Pollock bowled 9 Overs conceeding 60 runs for 1 wicket.
S. Warne bowled 9.2 Overs conceeding 59 runs for 2 wickets.
A. Kumble bowled 10 Overs conceeding 49 runs for 3 wickets. {Dual best bowler}

----

Captains post-game press remarks.

Waugh: "What an amazing debut game for our team. Can't wait to see what we achieve on a night where our top order performs. Everyone else should watch out".

Dravid. "I don't have time for this post-game press conference crap. I've gotta go arrange the beatings of Lara and Dev, make sure they both perform next time and bag us a big W".

Played a T20 last night - South Africa 1970 (AI) vs Zimbabwe All Time Best (Me).

I won the toss and chose to field. After a good first over from Eddo Brandes that only went for 7, Henry Olonga took some tap in the second over being smashed for 18.

Brandes and Streak (replacing Olonga) bowled reasonably, but the opening pair of Richards and Goddard went through to a fifty partnership. Brandes had Richards caught in the deep for 28, and captain Ali Bacher didn't last long going for just 3 caught at short fine leg mistiming one from Streak. This brought Graeme Pollock to wicket, and he played some of the best shots I've seen the AI play against me - smashing an amazing backfoot cover drive for four and some other glorious shots down the track as he raced past 20.

South Africa were 74-2 off the first 7 overs and looking at a big score.

Streak brought on the spin of Traicos and the seam of Johnson, and they both bowled economically. Traicos also took the prize wicket of Pollock, looking to force the pace and caught with a brilliant diving catch by Andy Flower. This brought Eddie Barlow to the wicket, and he started off at a great pace, and in fact quickly caught up and overtook Goddard, with both batsmen in the 40s.

At this point however, Traicos and Johnson re-exerted control, and Barlow in particular began to get bogged down... this meant Goddard wasn't facing enough strike and Barlow had actually faced more balls than the opener!

Goddard finally got some strike off Johnson's final over, and he managed to score 12 off it, going past his 50. Johnson finished with 0-29 off his 4 overs, a great effort.

Olonga came back in to the attack, and though he was more economical than his first over, the South Africans still took the score past 150 with 3 overs to go.

With Barlow on strike, and him having struggled against Traicos who'd now finished his overs (1-33), Streak turned to the part time spin of Grant Flower. It was a brilliant move, with Flower conceding just a single of his first over.

Brandes came back to bowl the penultimate over, and he went for 11 as Goddard moved into the 70s. This left Barlow to face Grant Flower for the last over, with Zimbabwe hoping Flower could bog him down as he had in his first over. However, Barlow was much more positive, hitting several boundaries to take 13 off the over and bring up his own 50.

South Africa 1970 finished with 178/3 off their 20 overs.

Zimbabwe's reply couldn't have got off to a worse start, Murray Goodwin edging behind to Gamsy off Peter Pollock's first ball. However, Dave Houghton came to the wicket and pulled Pollock's next ball through forward square leg for 4.

Johnson and Houghton, though always just behind the required rate, nevertheless hit enough boundaries to keep in touch and were looking solid. However, disaster struck when Goddard came into the attack, as he removed Houghton and Andy Flower in his first over while going for just 8 runs from it. The next over Mike Procter was into the attack and he removed Grant Flower too - 3 quick wickets and Zimbabwe were reeling.

However, Johnson and Brendan Taylor stabilised, keeping Zimbabwe up with the rate and a couple of good overs from Taylor actually put them just ahead of the rate.

Johnson looked set for a vital 50, but disaster struck on 48 as we was out caught behind off Procter. In the next over from Goddard Taylor fell too for 33.

Tatenda Taibu was Zimbabwe's last hope, he struck 13 off Seymour's first over leaving Streak to face the final ball. That was beyond Streak as he played round one and was bowled.

With Olonga at the non-striker's end, Taibu faced Goddard's next over and launched an astonishing assault, the first 5 balls of the over sailing over the ropes for 6. The last ball also went up and seemed to be following the first 5 for a full set of sixes... but agonisingly dropped for a one bounce 4. But with 34 off the over, Zimbabwe now needed less than a run a ball although there were just 2 wickets left - could Taibu pull it off?

Olonga scrambled an early single off Seymour's next over and Taibu continued to score, working the ball for some clever twos and striking a two late cuts for 4. Crucially a single off the last ball kept him on strike. Taibu was past 50 and there was less than 20 to get off 5 overs.

Chevalier came back into the attack. It seemed that if Taibu and Olonga kept their nerve they could see Zimbabwe home. Taibu was on strike - he rejected the idea of calm play to the target, smashing two sixes and a four from the first 4 balls of the over - Taibu was on 70 and Zimbabwe needed just 2 to win.

Taibu decided to win in style, launching another huge shot... but he didn't get all of it, the ball going into Richards' hands at fine leg! Taibu was distraught, out for 70 with 2 to win but now only 1 wicket left as Olonga was joined by Brandes.

Olonga was on strike, and despite having been in a 50+ partnership with Taibu he'd scored just 1 off 2 balls faced! South Africa knew that there was no point in giving up singles, so brought the field in. Would Olonga risk going over the top?

Chevalier's ball was slow and with plenty of flight... but too wide of off stump, giving Olonga a chance to square drive between the fielders at Cover and Backward Point, the ball racing to the boundary.

A stunning, nerve jangling one-wicket win for Zimbabwe, thanks to Taibu's brilliant innings. However he was pipped to the MOM by Goddard, who batted through South Africa's innings for 72* and took 3-58

(apologies for no pics.)

Last edited:
Coming to you from the MCG is Australia vs Pakistan in the CUB one day series. I started the game, won the toss and batted. However I then discovered that the button on my keyboard next to F12, which happens to be the screenshot button, put the computer to sleep. So.... I restarted and luckily Pakistan won the toss and elected to bowl. Please note that every screenshot was taken with extreme danger!

A fearful bowling lineup of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Ahktar and Saqlain Mushtaq starts off.
2015_09_16_00002.jpg

Gilly is solid early

2015_09_16_00003.jpg

But is too late on one and we're 1-26

2015_09_16_00005.jpg

Punter puts one down the throat of fine-leg and we're 2-33

2015_09_16_00007.jpg

Pakistan, obviously intimidated by new technology in 1998, blows a review

2015_09_16_00008.jpg

But the wickets tumble

2015_09_16_00010.jpg

Losing Bevan was bad enough but it's real panic stations when Mark Waugh falls for 43 and we're 6-87, staring down the barrel at a pretty small score

2015_09_16_00011.jpg

The incredibly good looking Brendan Julian comes in and decides to attack the bowling...

2015_09_16_00012.jpg

... and the ladies

392624-brendon-julian.jpg

Steve Bucknor approves

2015_09_16_00014.jpg

It's generally tough going through, scratching runs when we can and a dearth of boundaries

2015_09_16_00015.jpg

But with Julian and Lehmann we push on to 126 before Wasim strikes!

2015_09_16_00016.jpg

2015_09_16_00017.jpg

2015_09_16_00018.jpg

The tail digs in with Warney joining Julian

2015_09_16_00020.jpg

But Wasim can do it all...

2015_09_16_00019.jpg

A trademark McGrath pull shot

2015_09_16_00022.jpg

and dive

2015_09_16_00023.jpg

Ultimately we scratch our way to 169, which is disappointing overall but pleasing from the tail

2015_09_16_00026.jpg

Pakistan start off with Anwar and a very young BOOM BOOM Afridi

2015_09_16_00027.jpg

Afridi: gee, the ball tastes good.
Gilly: really? let's give it a try

2015_09_16_00028.jpg

And this is what you get for dropping BOOM BOOM

2015_09_16_00029.jpg

But Punter doesn't make the same mistake

2015_09_16_00030.jpg

Australia only has 4 main bowlers and a bunch of part-timers so we commence the Greg Blewett right arm dibbly-dobblers

2015_09_16_00032.jpg

Which were way too tempting (and slow) for Ijaz Ahmed

2015_09_16_00033.jpg

B-B-B-BOWLIN SHANE! So close... I'm actually impressed he managed to miss the bat AND the body of Inzaman

2015_09_16_00036.jpg

Direct hit and a runout, of the AI!!!

2015_09_16_00037.jpg

2015_09_16_00035.jpg

Here is the state of play. Pakistan is going along much slower than Aus but with wickets in hand.

2015_09_16_00038.jpg

Although this changes as Inzy spoons this one to cover

2015_09_16_00043.jpg

And Akram spoons this sweep off Warney

2015_09_16_00044.jpg

Moin Khan is batting well but slowly with the tail. Julian comes on for some vital overs and gets a wicket but NOOOO

2015_09_17_00002.jpg

But he makes up for it a couple of balls later when the Bowlologist catches Khan in the deep

2015_09_17_00003.jpg

and gives an appropriate fist pump

2015_09_17_00004.jpg

It's getting tight so we need metronomic bowling like this

2015_09_17_00006.jpg

and cracking leggies like this

2015_09_17_00007.jpg

It's well setup. 26 needed off 18 with 2 wickets in hand. Waqar Younis has been at the crease for a while. Overs from McGrath (2) and Fleming to come.

2015_09_17_00011.jpg

Pakistan get off a couple of shots (also just note how beautiful the graphics are here)

2015_09_17_00012.jpg

But ultimately it's a bridge too far and Australia win with ten runs to spare

2015_09_17_00014.jpg

A very disappointing chase by Pakistan but superb bowling by Australia, particularly at the end. Mark Waugh was awarded MoM for his top score but for me Warney's 3-39 off 10 was game-changing. Also special credit to Greg Blewett's 10 overs 1-22 which was a worry going into the game since we were sans all-rounder.

2015_09_17_00016.jpg

Also a big shout out to @quincy159 for making the CUB one day kits which gave a real touch of realism to the game.

This looks fantastic. I'm very pleased to see how well this has appeared in the game.

I have noticed that your Australian team is without plain yellow trousers so I'll include a pair of non-pattern primary colour trousers in the update which should be released either later today or early tomorrow.

This looks fantastic. I'm very pleased to see how well this has appeared in the game.

I have noticed that your Australian team is without plain yellow trousers so I'll include a pair of non-pattern primary colour trousers in the update which should be released either later today or early tomorrow.

Yes when I set them up I looked for a plane pair and didn't find one but ultimately didn't think it mattered too much.[DOUBLEPOST=1442525711][/DOUBLEPOST]Also the white font for the names and numbers was a complete guess. I struggled but couldn't find a photo in real life of the back.

Will that be possible to get same kind of graphics in PS3 after patch 3?

Will that be possible to get same kind of graphics in PS3 after patch 3?

If you mean the graphical quality: no, a PS3 cannot get the same graphics as a PC on full, in any game.

If you mean the mods then no as well, you cannot mod a PS3 in I think any game.

If you mean the graphical quality: no, a PS3 cannot get the same graphics as a PC on full, in any game.

If you mean the mods then no as well, you cannot mod a PS3 in I think any game.
I was actually refering to the graphical quality. Its sad that we cant get it. Are you sure we cant get that even with full HD TV and a good quality HDMI cable?

I was actually refering to the graphical quality. Its sad that we cant get it. Are you sure we cant get that even with full HD TV and a good quality HDMI cable?

A Full HD TV won't do anything since the PS3 does not play games in 1080p. It simply does not have the power to do so.

By quality of the HDMI cable you probably mean price, and that will not change a thing.

Big Ant can't go beyond the hardware limitations.

This is not an ugly game on PS3. I played it originally on the 360 and it was very fun and looked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread