Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

India Tour of Sri Lanka - 1996

Started a classic tour of India 1996 (me) to another subcontinent country Srilanka 1996 (AI). The teams are set with all dominant names of that time. (Apologies for the picture quality, as I am doing this in my ps3 and I had to take the snaps with my phone :))

India - 1996
Mohd Azaruddin (C)
Sachin Tendulkar
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Sanjay Manjrekar
Anil Kumble
Venkatapathy Raju
Vinod Kambli
Ajay Jadeja
Javagal Srinath
Venkatesh Prasad
Nayan Mongia

Sri Lanka - 1996
Arjuna Ranatunga (C)
Sanath Jayasuriya
Hasan Tilakaratne
Mahela Jayawardena
Chaminda Vaas
Romesh Kaluwithrana
Aravinda De Silva
A Gurusinghe
Roshan Mahanama
Upul Chandana
Muttiah Muralidharan

Sri Lanka won the toss and decided to bat first.

Mahela Jayawardena opened the innings along with Sanath Jayasuriya (Killer of that time)

Venkatesh Prasad opened the bowling for India and at the other end Javagal Srinath (Bowling spearhead of India) awaiting to attack the openers.

First over went well for India conceding only one run of it.

Jayawardena went on for an early slog only to give an easy catch to Vinod Kambli. Srinath striked in his first over.

IMG_20150924_034806.jpg

Another opener Jayasuriya was also in a hurry to meet his opening partner in the pavilion very soon. The inswing ball from Srinath has destroyed his wicket too.

IMG_20150924_035901.jpg

In the same over De Silva was also dismissed for a misread slower delivery from Srinath which took an edge on its way to the Wicket Keeper.

IMG_20150924_040151.jpg

After loosing three quick wickets, Captain Arjuna Ranatunga wanted to build a partnership with Romesh Kaluwitharana which went for more than 14 overs. It was clear that they didnt want runs but only to slow down the wicket fall.
IMG_20150924_040945.jpg
IMG_20150924_042447.jpg
Azharuddin, dropped an easy sitter from Ranatunga

IMG_20150924_043256.jpg
As the main bowlers were not able to break the partnership, Azhar introduced the "Little Master" into the attack.

Surprisingly, Sachin has delivered what he was called for by penetrating the defense of Romesh

IMG_20150924_044230.jpg
At the end of the first session, the host Sri Lanka are struggling to get their rythm with only 57 runs on board after loosing 4 main wickets

IMG_20150924_044346.jpg

To be continued .....

India Tour of Sri Lanka - 1996

Started a classic tour of India 1996 (me) to another subcontinent country Srilanka 1996 (AI). The teams are set with all dominant names of that time. (Apologies for the picture quality, as I am doing this in my ps3 and I had to take the snaps with my phone :))

India - 1996
Mohd Azaruddin (C)
Sachin Tendulkar
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Sanjay Manjrekar
Anil Kumble
Venkatapathy Raju
Vinod Kambli
Ajay Jadeja
Javagal Srinath
Venkatesh Prasad
Nayan Mongia

Sri Lanka - 1996
Arjuna Ranatunga (C)
Sanath Jayasuriya
Hasan Tilakaratne
Mahela Jayawardena
Chaminda Vaas
Romesh Kaluwithrana
Aravinda De Silva
A Gurusinghe
Roshan Mahanama
Upul Chandana
Muttiah Muralidharan

Sri Lanka won the toss and decided to bat first.

Mahela Jayawardena opened the innings along with Sanath Jayasuriya (Killer of that time)

Venkatesh Prasad opened the bowling for India and at the other end Javagal Srinath (Bowling spearhead of India) awaiting to attack the openers.

First over went well for India conceding only one run of it.

Jayawardena went on for an early slog only to give an easy catch to Vinod Kambli. Srinath striked in his first over.

View attachment 154277

Another opener Jayasuriya was also in a hurry to meet his opening partner in the pavilion very soon. The inswing ball from Srinath has destroyed his wicket too.

View attachment 154278

In the same over De Silva was also dismissed for a misread slower delivery from Srinath which took an edge on its way to the Wicket Keeper.

View attachment 154279

After loosing three quick wickets, Captain Arjuna Ranatunga wanted to build a partnership with Romesh Kaluwitharana which went for more than 14 overs. It was clear that they didnt want runs but only to slow down the wicket fall.
View attachment 154280
View attachment 154281
Azharuddin, dropped an easy sitter from Ranatunga

View attachment 154282
As the main bowlers were not able to break the partnership, Azhar introduced the "Little Master" into the attack.

Surprisingly, Sachin has delivered what he was called for by penetrating the defense of Romesh

View attachment 154283
At the end of the first session, the host Sri Lanka are struggling to get their rythm with only 57 runs on board after loosing 4 main wickets

View attachment 154284

To be continued .....

The host were not able to stabilize their innings even after the session break. As Sachin's mighty spin demolished the batting order, Sri Lanka was longing for a solid partnership.

Arjuna Ranatunga was not able to continue his innings because of the pressue built up due to continuous wicket loss and back to back maiden overs. He was playing over cautious but ended up nicking a ball to Mongia from Sachin

IMG_20150924_122108.jpg

Gurusinghe departed as well without able to add more to the scoreboard.

IMG_20150924_124119.jpg

Umpire gave "Not out" for a very close LBW call to Roshan Mahanama and the review showed the same

IMG_20150924_124325.jpg

Even then Mahanama was under pressue and gave another catch to Mongia and made his way to the pavilion

IMG_20150924_124953.jpg

The tailenders Upul Chandana and Chaminda Vaas were also in the que to get back to the pavilion quick.

IMG_20150924_130517.jpg
IMG_20150924_130930.jpg
Hassan Tilakaratne is fighting hard to put a decent score on board with the help of Murali at the other end.

At the end of session two, Sri Lanka are 110 with the loss of 9 wickets.

IMG_20150924_211115.JPG

So far Srinath has destroyed the top order by taking 3 wickets for 32 in 12 overs

And Saching has given so much pressure by taking 4 wickets for just 13 runs in 10 overs.

To be continued

The host were not able to stabilize their innings even after the session break. As Sachin's mighty spin demolished the batting order, Sri Lanka was longing for a solid partnership.

Arjuna Ranatunga was not able to continue his innings because of the pressue built up due to continuous wicket loss and back to back maiden overs. He was playing over cautious but ended up nicking a ball to Mongia from Sachin

View attachment 154301

Gurusinghe departed as well without able to add more to the scoreboard.

View attachment 154302

Umpire gave "Not out" for a very close LBW call to Roshan Mahanama and the review showed the same

View attachment 154303

Even then Mahanama was under pressue and gave another catch to Mongia and made his way to the pavilion

View attachment 154304

The tailenders Upul Chandana and Chaminda Vaas were also in the que to get back to the pavilion quick.

View attachment 154305
View attachment 154306
Hassan Tilakaratne is fighting hard to put a decent score on board with the help of Murali at the other end.

At the end of session two, Sri Lanka are 110 with the loss of 9 wickets.

View attachment 154307

So far Srinath has destroyed the top order by taking 3 wickets for 32 in 12 overs

And Saching has given so much pressure by taking 4 wickets for just 13 runs in 10 overs.

To be continued
Even after the break things were going pretty smoth for Tilakaratne. A close LBW call showed him "Not Out" once again

IMG_20150925_013905.jpg

But not too long. Sachin got his fifth wicket and wrapped up the Sri Lankan innings. The host lost all the wickets just for 139 runs.

IMG_20150925_014401.jpg

Sachin opened the innings along with Sidhu Pajji

IMG_20150925_014525.jpg

The partnership was not able to sustain for long against the host's bowling attack. (Home field advantage of course :))

Sachin lost his wicket soon to Gurushinges deceiving in swinger.

IMG_20150925_015933.jpg

Jadeja came into bat and started his innings with shocker. The appeal for caught behind was turned down and snicko showed nothing when reviewed.

IMG_20150925_020134.jpg

At the end of Day 1. India were 41/1

IMG_20150925_020630.jpg

More to come.........

Even after the break things were going pretty smoth for Tilakaratne. A close LBW call showed him "Not Out" once again

View attachment 154344

But not too long. Sachin got his fifth wicket and wrapped up the Sri Lankan innings. The host lost all the wickets just for 139 runs.

View attachment 154345

Sachin opened the innings along with Sidhu Pajji

View attachment 154346

The partnership was not able to sustain for long against the host's bowling attack. (Home field advantage of course :))

Sachin lost his wicket soon to Gurushinges deceiving in swinger.

View attachment 154347

Jadeja came into bat and started his innings with shocker. The appeal for caught behind was turned down and snicko showed nothing when reviewed.

View attachment 154350

At the end of Day 1. India were 41/1

View attachment 154351

More to come.........

Starting the coverage of Match Day 2 between India vs Sri Lanka

Ajay Jadeja walked in along with Navjot Singh Sidhu.

The partnership started the day slowly, not only bcz of cautious innings but also bcz of the brilliant spell of Muralidharan and Jayasuriya.

Although the partnership was strong in defense for a while Jayasuriya managed to take a nick from Jadeja and send him back to the pavilion.

IMG_20150925_022101.jpg
Captain Azahruddin came in to replace Jadeja and played some awesome strikes to reduce the confidence of Jayasuriya

IMG_20150925_022552.jpg
As Azhar was trying to become aggressive, Ranatunga had to bring Vaas. No doubt Vaas didnt break the faith of his captain

IMG_20150925_023513.JPG
Unlucky Sidhu couldnt complete his half century. Nicked a slower ball to Romesh from Vaas (again)

IMG_20150925_023838.jpg

Wickets started to tumble as India were going into a great trouble

Vinod Kambli gone for nothing and Manjreker gone for 4

IMG_20150925_023941.jpg
IMG_20150925_024656.jpg

Nayan Mongia showed some stability along with the partnership of Javagal Srinath

But they were not able to stand long too.

IMG_20150925_025809.jpg

IMG_20150925_030400.jpg

After a long struggle India took the team score crossing the borderline

IMG_20150925_030306.jpg
As the team was loosing balance, Venkatapathy Raju gave some nice blow to move the scoreboard

IMG_20150925_030833.jpg
However, he didnt get much support from the other end as Venkatesh Prasad departed for a lower score.

IMG_20150925_031023.jpg
India wrapped up the innings so soon just for 174. They only 35 runs lead in the first innings and we have more three days to go in the test.

Lets see what the Sri Lankan team is going to do in the second innings.........

Starting the coverage of Match Day 2 between India vs Sri Lanka

Ajay Jadeja walked in along with Navjot Singh Sidhu.

The partnership started the day slowly, not only bcz of cautious innings but also bcz of the brilliant spell of Muralidharan and Jayasuriya.

Although the partnership was strong in defense for a while Jayasuriya managed to take a nick from Jadeja and send him back to the pavilion.

View attachment 154431
Captain Azahruddin came in to replace Jadeja and played some awesome strikes to reduce the confidence of Jayasuriya

View attachment 154432
As Azhar was trying to become aggressive, Ranatunga had to bring Vaas. No doubt Vaas didnt break the faith of his captain

View attachment 154433
Unlucky Sidhu couldnt complete his half century. Nicked a slower ball to Romesh from Vaas (again)

View attachment 154434

Wickets started to tumble as India were going into a great trouble

Vinod Kambli gone for nothing and Manjreker gone for 4

View attachment 154435
View attachment 154436

Nayan Mongia showed some stability along with the partnership of Javagal Srinath

But they were not able to stand long too.

View attachment 154437

View attachment 154438

After a long struggle India took the team score crossing the borderline

View attachment 154439
As the team was loosing balance, Venkatapathy Raju gave some nice blow to move the scoreboard

View attachment 154440
However, he didnt get much support from the other end as Venkatesh Prasad departed for a lower score.

View attachment 154441
India wrapped up the innings so soon just for 174. They only 35 runs lead in the first innings and we have more three days to go in the test.

Lets see what the Sri Lankan team is going to do in the second innings.........
Not able to continue this tour as the save file got deleted/corrupted :noway.

I am starting IPL T20 competition. Will try to post the images in the thread.

Has anyone noticed that no balls and wides seem more frequent on higher levels? Generally I play career on amatuer(set up in the days when it went up two levels instead of one post patch 2.5. (Xbox 360) and I can't remember the last time I saw the AI bowl either, but tonight I played a T20 on veteran and had 2/3 of each and a test on pro which currently at lunch I've seen AI bowl 3/4 wides(from bouncers). Quite frankly I've only seen byes when I've run a risky single to balls the keeper has stopped, and never seen a leg bye.

Has anyone noticed that no balls and wides seem more frequent on higher levels? Generally I play career on amatuer(set up in the days when it went up two levels instead of one post patch 2.5. (Xbox 360) and I can't remember the last time I saw the AI bowl either, but tonight I played a T20 on veteran and had 2/3 of each and a test on pro which currently at lunch I've seen AI bowl 3/4 wides(from bouncers). Quite frankly I've only seen byes when I've run a risky single to balls the keeper has stopped, and never seen a leg bye.
I noticed that too. This often happens when a high rated pace bowler tries a short ball it ends up as a wide. When the bowler rating is low, it doesnt bounce too much

Match,Tour & Competition Experiences | Page 44 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

^Following on from this post...Zimbabwe were bowled out cheaply in their 1st innings.

PmDwwFo.png

At the end of day 2 Bangladesh currently leading by 171 runs.

nGjWc8p.png

qEyv2hP.png

Match,Tour & Competition Experiences | Page 44 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

^Following on from this post...Zimbabwe were bowled out cheaply in their 1st innings.

PmDwwFo.png

At the end of day 2 Bangladesh currently leading by 171 runs.

nGjWc8p.png

qEyv2hP.png
Like the fact that you always have a pretty realistic run rate ,sometimes its just hard to score at a slower pace as the AI field can leave you gifts to throw your bat at the deliveries into the vacant region...

Had a nail biting finish To IND-SA tour ODI series atleast in DBC14. Going into the finals with both teams 2-2 SA won the toss and batted first and posted 304, chasing lost dhawan quickly, so taking dhoni's theory of shuffling batsman further got all the tailender to go and bat first.

Match went well with both sharma's together, then jadeja and raina carried on from were the sharma's left but kohli's dismissal literally rocked the chase, followed by dhoni jsut when he was lokig settled, but rahanae took it on himself to smash his way through in the last few overs and see the team home.

2015-10-25_00006.jpg

2015-10-25_00009.jpg
2015-10-25_00008.jpg
2015-10-25_00002.jpg
2015-10-25_00001.jpg
2015-10-25_00005.jpg

Revisiting my custom 40 over league...16 teams from Japan to France, Singapore and Namibia (me) fighting for cricketing supremacy.....I like playing with the lesser teams and you get decent matches: had a direct hit run-out off my fielding, a massive top-edge over the slips for four off my bowling and 2 leg-byes!!! Its all in there, just doesn't happen enough! Unfortunately Namibia aren't doing to well: lost our opening game to Hong Kong and only managed a 100 off Japan who are cruising! (I get impatient and start slogging too early!)

Playing for the first time in a while and continuing my custom Test match between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

XXMSTl0.png

85 overs remaining in the match and Zimbabwe need 308 runs to win :)

Followed the advise here and started batting from both the sides.

Playing a Pak vs NZ tour and happened to chase down 440+ target in a ODI. WoW! Never thought I had the skill/patience to score those many - twice!

This is on PRO btw.

FINALLY after picking up the PC version I can get my 1996 World Cup on, bating as both teams. These are the groups

2016-01-01_00013.jpg

First match of the World Cup is Sri Lanka vs Australia. Sri Lanka win the toss and have elected to field.

2016-01-01_00025.jpg

Stuart Law and Steve Waugh put on a 90 run partnership after Australia were 3-38, a great innings to get the Aussies a good total but they would have felt that they were 20-30 runs short of the target on this pitch. The Stuart Law wagon wheel shows a boundary behind the wicket which was an edge off his first ball faced that went between wicketkeeper and first slip, how different this match would have been if he was out first ball and the Aussies were 4-38 (I wasn't able to get his full wagon wheel only his centurion one)
2016-01-01_00016.jpg
2016-01-01_00017.jpg

Now it's time for Sri Lanka's reply chasing 253 runs to win.

2016-01-01_00026.jpg

Wickets fell steadily but the run rate didn't drop below 5. The Aussies looked like they would take the game away after reducing Sri Lanka to 5-92 but a 56 run partnership between Gurusinha and Mahanama steadied the ship. After Warne made the breakthrough and dismissed Gurusinha it looked Sri Lanka would fall short but a very important and surprising 82 run partnership for the 7th wicket between Mahanama and Dharmasena set up the win and even with two late dismissals to both men the victory was well on the way. Muralitharan was dropped at first slip by Glenn McGrath on 9/246 so perhaphs next time Mark Taylor won't put him in at slip!

2016-01-01_00024.jpg

Thanks to everyone who's mods I used. The 90's kits and bat sponsorships really take the game to another level. The game looks great on my computer as it is but the real kits adds so much immersion.

With the 1996 World Cup kits and hopefully some modding ability that exists within me for adboards and other stuff I think that a realistic Shane Warne Cricket 99 immersion is possible. That'd be amazing for me, you wouldn't need a HD remake of the greatest cricket game ever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread