KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
This is not a thread to discuss the match itself. This is a story that is based on THAT match but will be fictional to an extend that it will be simulated with Ashes Cricket 2009, both the threads are for 2 different purposes. :)

Why not use Ashes Cricket 2013

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've hoped to build a story here, I save madness for my own precious time. So no, no Ashes 13.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Find a Job | Dating | Wine | E-Editions | Feedback | My Stories ........Saturday, June 21 2014 This Afternoon 27?C This Evening 19?C 5-Day Forecast
mailonline.png
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]The Warne-Gilchrist duo returns[/FONT]
Can a spin bowler succeed without having a supportive partner behind the wickets? How many wickets would Warne have had, had Gilchrist not been behind the wickets taking all those crucial catches! Surely you can easily figure out the importance of having a quality wicket keeper.​
Shane-Warne-Adam-Gilchris-001.jpg

The duo of Warne and Gilly returns
Sharp, determent and consistent - the 3 qualities in Gilchrist which were very much visible to every cricket fan. Gilchrist played for Australia in an era where being part of the XI was itself an achievement, leave apart being a consistent in the side.

The duo of Warne and Gilchrist was impeccable. Just few inches ahead of Gilchrist, the batsman would struggle to even get bat onto the ball and just few inches behind them, Gilchrist would NEVER miss a trick from Warne - that's the perfect spin bowler-wicket keeper combination that you can come across.

Warne and Gilchrist will be reuniting, only this time they'll be playing for the Rest of the world XI. Their roles will be similar and it'll be a fitting moment to remember the good old days of Australian cricket - even so much more for these 2 individuals who were part of 'that' very era.

Question : During his career, did Warne captain the Australian ODI side? If yes, in how many matches and how many did the Australian side win?

Right answer gets you 3,000 vCash.

Credits to Ollie_H for the template.

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Just to add : you can participate in this contest till the next update. The winners will be announced in the next update. Cheers! :)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Question : During his career, did Warne captain the Australian ODI side? If yes, in how many matches and how many did the Australian side win?

Right answer gets you 3,000 vCash.

1-Yes
2-10
3-10

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Interesting. I'll tell you guys this - only 1 of you is correct so far. ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Are you sure such questions won't be searched on google? No point in having these, I feel..

Aditya

ICC Board Member
It's just to build up some interest, this will be perhaps the first and only general question that'll be asked in this story, rest will be associated with the story itself.

Users who are viewing this thread