Memory Card stuck in laptop...Help needed!!!

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Ok.....My cousin has inserted my camera's memory card into the wrong slot of my sony VAIO laptop and now it ain't coming out....:crying:crying:crying

• I tried pushing it so it would spring out
  • I tried to put a earbud with adhesive @ it's tip and tried to pull it
  • I even tried to open the part of the laptop, but the battery is covering it and i don't wanna take risk...

Please help :help:help:help

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you able to take a photo of what it looks like at the moment?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Generally all the memory cards have some kinda indentation in them so that you can grab them by fingernails to pull them out. But that would work wonly if you have inserted the card correctly(that leave a certain part of card outside to be pulled). If you have inserted in wrong place then,if i understand correctly, your card is comepletely inside the slot and you have no way to pull it out with fingernails...
I had this problem once too. Tried turning the laptop upside down :P , didn't work. Then i took a safety pin and carefully tried to pull card out. Bingo! it was out. I managed to pull the card by fixing pin in the indentation on the card. Try it

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
You can also try tweezers. If that doesn't work and you don't want to open up the laptop then you'll need to take it into a repair center--it should take about 5 mins to get it out.

Also, the earbud+glue idea is horrible. You should be keeping adhesives and liquids out of your laptop. In fact, it's entirely possible that doing that has actually caused the card to get stuck inside.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You can also try tweezers. If that doesn't work and you don't want to open up the laptop then you'll need to take it into a repair center--it should take about 5 mins to get it out.

Also, the earbud+glue idea is horrible. You should be keeping adhesives and liquids out of your laptop. In fact, it's entirely possible that doing that has actually caused the card to get stuck inside.

@OP - are you seriously telling us you allowed glue to get anywhere near the innards of your system? :doh

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I seriously wouldn't put glue anywhere near your laptop. Let alone the slots and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread