Michael Munday

2018 season

M.MUNDAY does the unbelievable

82, 57balls, 13 4's, 60min

I still cant believe this victory. Probably would put this as one of my best wins from a hopeless situation.

Chasing a target of 249 in a Challenge Trophy game, my team Surrey slipped to 112/7 in the 32nd over. I thought it was all over. Frustrated I kept both batsmen on full aggression ( one bar minus ).

Opener H.Flynn-M.Munday did the unbelievable as they thrashed 116 in the next 12 overs. Most of the runs coming from Munday. At that stage Flynn went. Then 2 overs later Munday himself went. Last wkt up for grabs. 4 overs. 8 to win. I kept both tailenders on 'Normal' & also kept my fingers crossed :p. 4 singles came in the 47th over. Then Mower smashed 2 boundaries to register a thrilling win. In fact my heart was in my mouth when they started showing the 2nd highlight of that over.

Last but not the least, Earlier on in Munday's innings, he was dropped by wk Armstrong...off successive balls!...Costly drops..those!!!

[ Scorecard..also you can see the run graph from the 32nd over - 44th over]

2zejw29.jpg

Last edited:
he's quite good in real life too. clearly not as good as in the game, but he's a real prospect. averages well with the ball already

Who is he?
He looked pretty decent, and seemed like a perfect replacement for the retiring Shane Warne, in my Hampshire County team.

Is he an actual player and is he a good bowler in both forms of the game? Have many people signed up this young Leggie.

..Oh and is he better then Panesar?

Well, let's just say that at the moment, in real life, he's struggling to get into Somerset's 1stXI.

Not on ICC Ashes, he cant bat and ive never seen his bowling average come below 29

I've just finished a season with Munday in my team, and in 15 matches he took 147 wickets at 18.12 including 19 five-fors and 8 ten wicket matches including a career best 9-169 (yes I did overbowl him a bit...)

In my game he's not a great batsman at all, I play him at 11, averages 7.78...

Well, let's just say that at the moment, in real life, he's struggling to get into Somerset's 1stXI.

this year he's their top wicket taker, with 7 wickets at 14 each. last year he took 14 wickets in 3 games at 13 each, with best bowling of 8/55.

think those stats are right

Adil Rashid - he's slightly better IMO, better batter.

Users who are viewing this thread